Favourite Fallout 3 Quest

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
As the topic title suggests, this thread is about Fallout 3 quests. NOTE: You may want to add spoilers for those of us that haven't completed the quest you're talking about.

So anyway; Assuming you've played the game, which quest was your favourite? Which one did you like the most? For me, 'The Wasteland Survival Guide' springs to mind: I liked the way it (if you completed it properly, that is) made a
guidebook depending on how you answered Moira's questions. I always went for the snarky, sarcastic one which suited my personality nicely.

A close runner-up would have to be the Megaton bomb quest, of course. Didn't like any of the story quests, except for the one at the end where
Liberty Prime blasts people to kingdom come while shouting anti-commie propaganda

1-up

May 12, 2011
Riley's Rangers kept me up on an all-night marathon. From the time I picked up the emergency signal to the time I actually made it to the end I felt a sense of urgency. The ending and rewards were both perfect as well. It was just a really tight, well-done quest.

Wasteland Survival Guide would be a very close second. It was one of the first quests I did though and I didn't understand how the game worked at the time (i.e. didn't know they would hand-feed you the coordinates on missing things if you activated the quest). Ended up missing the medical supplies because I just didn't see the box. Still loved it.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
"The Velvet Cutain" was the only quest that I enjoyed, so I guess that makes it my favourite by default.

purf

Nov 29, 2010
Funny, for some strange reason I was thinking about this just yesterday, in particular trying to mentally piece together that one quest situated in some virtual reality. OP made me look it up:
best served with the alternate ending. Fantastic.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
Mine would be on Broken Steel, Death From Above. With Liberty Prime. Because Anti-communist speech from a giant robot is awesomesauce.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Honestly dug Operation Anchorage.

The ammo bins and health stations went a long way to making up for the crap shooting mechanics, and actually made run-n-gun viable. And fun.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Anything involving Liberty Prime, be it machinima or quest.

The only way New Vegas could be better than it already is is if Liberty Prime somehow ended up in the Mojave.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
1-up said:
Riley's Rangers kept me up on an all-night marathon. From the time I picked up the emergency signal to the time I actually made it to the end I felt a sense of urgency. The ending and rewards were both perfect as well. It was just a really tight, well-done quest.
Ah, I loved that mission :) Making your way through the dark, creepy hospital and then the haunting dead hotel - a simple, linear journey but loads of fun and full of little hidden stories in the environments.

And then you get the best armour in the game at the end.

Nyaoku

Jan 7, 2012
Scripted mission: I'd have to say the zombie raid on tenpenny tower.
Unscripted mission: Kill every npc in all the towns without getting seen. It was long, hard, and the most fun I've had in the whole game. The sandman perk helped a lot and stealth backstabs were hard to get when just around the corner, a patrol officer was walking down the hall.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I had to look it up to remember what it was called, but I'm going to have to say the Walking with Spirits quest from Point Lookout. It was just so trippy and it did things I totally wasn't expecting. Thinking about it almost makes me want to go back through the game just to see it again.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
ChupathingyX said:
"The Velvet Cutain" was the only quest that I enjoyed, so I guess that makes it my favourite by default.
I'm in the same boat. I can't remember any quests that I really enjoyed. They were all "meh" for me (as was the game as a whole).

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
It's the one where you try and getting it working on your computer.
Such a long quest, and you do truly need skill to get through it.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Lagao said:
hehehehe the dunwich building (spelling probably wrong)
Ditto. Even though my character's build was purely a sneaky VATS high-crit sniper type, I played the mission straight as though it was a zombie movie. Only wore a suit and used a combat shotgun the entire time, no sneaking. Turned off the radio and Pip-Boy light too to soak in the atmosphere. Those Reavers were a ***** to fight.

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
I kind of liked the quest to get into Vault 87 and get the macguffin from there. The atmosphere in Vault 87 (along with the other vaults in that game) was just top notch despite the overabundance of mutants.