Favourite Fallout 3 Quest

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Sizzle Montyjing said:
It's the one where you try and getting it working on your computer.
Such a long quest, and you do truly need skill to get through it.
I failed that quest.

So I got the Xbox360 GOTY edition and gave my PC copy to my cousin.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
None of them stuck out for me. If it was NV I would say For Auld Lang Syne. I like how they show more of the Enclave then "Bad guys, Kill them." If I had to say one for 3 it would be Take it Back, because it's a big fucking robot.

Skulltaker101

Jul 20, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Anything involving Liberty Prime, be it machinima or quest.

The only way New Vegas could be better than it already is is if Liberty Prime somehow ended up in the Mojave.
He KIND of does. If you go into Camp Golf, you'll find a portrait of Mr House standing in front of Liberty Prime. It's the closest you'll get, I'm afraid. Still, I love that kick-ass robot.

OT: Favourite mission...hmmm, you know, I'll say the one I made for myself. When the hitmen came and tried to kack me and I murdered their faces with an MIRV, and the letter said that the bounty was posted by a Mr...well, you know (don't know how to do spoilers yet, sorry), I took it upon myself to find You-Know-Who and make an example of him. That was a fun "quest". :)

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Tenpenny Tower is my favorite. I loved the sting in the tail. I ended up feeling like Joshua in WarGames.

kingthrall

May 31, 2011
getting the super mutant F. somthing his name was and he was so happy with his minigun when he tried to save me, was worth the look on his big grin.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Shit man, they're all pretty good. I liked the one where you go to Fort Constantine to ge the winterized armour the most, I think.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Anything with Liberty Prime in it for scripted.

The best unscripted one was

Releasing the Super-mutant Behemoth in the raider camp in Evergreen Mills from the cliff surrounding it. Then hitting the monster with the Victory Rifle...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_rifle

Repeatedly.

Omega Pirate

Sep 20, 2010
I played the game a couple years ago, with all the DLC of course. I got all of the achievements for it. The only quest that I actually remember somewhat is that one with the violin. I guess that makes it my favorite one.

captcha: double time

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
I gotta say Those! Mainly because it scared the shit out of me when I first when started. Here's my though process when I started the quest:

Oh hey, there's a kid who's in trouble. Well, no harm in helping him out.
Wait, his home was attacked by monsters? Well, I'm sure I can take them.
Ants? Pfft! This will be a cakewalk.
OH FUCK THEY BREATH FIRE!?!?!
Run run run run run!

Good times...

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
Tranquility Lane! It was so different, both esthetically and in terms of gameplay. I was intrigued the whole time and it was the best moment in the game for me.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
Tranquility Lane is the only one I can really remember at this stage (been a long time since my last playthrough), so that would probably default as my favorite I guess. Really stuck out against all the others.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Hell I would say Tranquility lane is the only good thing about the entire game. Everything else ranges from tedious to ehh.

The disturbing part to me is that out of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and New Vegas that really the only truly enjoyable, and innovative quests were Tranquility lane and Oblivions "Whodunit?" Everything else has ranged from tedious to ehhhh. Thats a whole lot of "Meh" for that much cost and that many content hours.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
I forgot Tranquility Lane! Ah, good times...

Also, if DLC counts then I put my vote in for the whole Mothership Zeta DLC. Rockwell, anyone?

Grell Sutcliff

May 25, 2011
I like the replicated man quest (mostly for the rewards), you gotta shoot'em in the head and the slaver quest where you capture arkansas at the old minefield.

Gary!

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
purf said:
Funny, for some strange reason I was thinking about this just yesterday, in particular trying to mentally piece together that one quest situated in some virtual reality. OP made me look it up:
best served with the alternate ending. Fantastic.
I absolutely hate that quest. I don't know exactly why, but I hate it enough to halt all progression in the main story just to avoid doing it.

I have no idea what my favorite quest is mostly because I haven't played Fallout 3 since long before I got New Vegas which was about December of 2010.

King of Asgaard

Vae Victis, Woe to the Conquered
Oct 31, 2011
I quite enjoyed:
Tranquility Lane (evil option)
The Power of the Atom (evil option)
the one with the sentient tree (forgot the name) (the expand option)
Take it Back! (because Liberty Prime)

Those are the ones that stood out in my mind.

PoweD

Mar 26, 2009
Like most people, Reilly's Rangers, Wasteland Survival Guide and Megaton bomb

My most hated ones are: Tenpenny Tower, Those! and You gotta shoot them in the head.