Favourite game that nobody else knows about.

Nekron_X

Jan 30, 2011
EHKOS said:
I GOT ONE! Jersey Devil, it had an interesting atmosphere but the controls sucked a bag of dicks.
this. also the Gex the gecko series of games, tomba (or tombi), and wild arms 3.

Nyaliva

euclideanInsomniac
Sep 9, 2010
The Golden Sun series was one of my favourite but it was never spoken of when it was out for the GBA, although a few people here have mentioned it.

For something REALLY obscure: CATRAP for the Game Boy Original. Seriously, I never saw this game growing up but I found it on Nintendo's Virtual Console and I tell ya, it is one of the best, most unique puzzle games I've ever played. It's actually known as Pitman where I am but I still don't remember seeing it ever. If you search youtube for it there's only one guy's walkthrough of all the levels and a whole bunch of "Cat Rap" videos so...yeah...it's obscure.

reiyo_oki

Oct 18, 2011
Escape Velocity: Nova [http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/evn/]

One of my favorite games from my childhood. It still works on XP, but I haven't tried running it on Windows 7, so I dunno if it'll work on my computer anymore or not.

Amazingly deep story for how simple the game is, and the simplicity actually makes it more fun. you have a ton of customizable options with just the base game (and even more with addons, available from the ambrosia site if you ever get bored of the original story.)

Harley Duke

Apr 20, 2009
IamQ said:
Probably Croc 2. It's a really simple platformer, but when you're 6-7, it's a lot harder than it looks in the video.

That game ran me ragged for a long time. It was also the first game that I was proud to complete--all the Golden Gobbos, all the little colored gems, the whole damn shebang.

All that behind me... How come I was the only person I knew who played Magi-Nation? This was a turn-based RPG that used cards, technically, since it was trying to sell a trading card game alongside it. It was like Pokemon, only cooler. And it kicked my ass. Forever. Still haven't beaten it...

And Chrono Trigger, dammit. Chrono Trigger is Square's best work, and all you mongoloids need to go out there and play it. Right now. I'll wait.

EDIT A GO-GO: I totally forgot all about Rocket Knight Adventures! And Sparkster, the sequel! It's like Sonic the Hedgehog, only with swords and jet packs at the same time.

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Dwarf Fortress. While done in ASCII there are plenty of graphic packs to make the visuals palatable (and so that you can sort out that mess. Hardcore fans will disapprove of my inability to play without a graphics pack) and the game has so much depth and complexity. Well the complexity may be daunting at first, it was for me, but with the quick start guide on the wiki you should be able to grasp all the important fundamentals. I just love this game to death.

And remember! Losing is Fun!

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
TheRussian said:
Dear God, it has to be one of the best FPSs out there, on par with the Half Life series and waaay better than the Halo affair.

The mechanics are solid, the sound work is noticeably better than most FPSs, and the story is competently put together.

Now, in my opinion, Republic Commando is the second best Star Wars game out there, and I highly recommend it both to Star Wars and FPS fans.
aw man i loved that game so much!highly under appreciated, my bro and i spent many hours on that. the tactics mechanism was kinda fun.

Dryk

Dec 4, 2011
Nobody except me and my friends ever talk about Sequence. It's grindy, but I don't care because fighting is so damn fun.

Blue: Generate mana
Red: Block damage
Green: Cast spell

TheRussian said:
Dear God, it has to be one of the best FPSs out there, on par with the Half Life series and waaay better than the Halo affair.

The mechanics are solid, the sound work is noticeably better than most FPSs, and the story is competently put together.

Now, in my opinion, Republic Commando is the second best Star Wars game out there, and I highly recommend it both to Star Wars and FPS fans.
It also manages to make the battle droids (and especially Super Battle Droids) intimidating. Mostly because the developers decided to make them out of steel for once and not paper mache

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Celtic Kings: Rage of War - RTS/RPG hybrid with some interesting mechanics (troops gain levels, heroes can equip items that they find in the map, troops require upkeep of food, etc.)

Other than that, Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile. The first city-builder in, oh, fifteen years to actually do something new with the genre.

dutman

Dec 21, 2009
Yu-gi-oh Duelist of the Roses

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25000000/The-Duelist-of-the-Roses-yu-gi-oh-25008695-640-908.jpg

dutman

Dec 21, 2009
Yu-gi-oh Duelist of the Roses

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25000000/The-Duelist-of-the-Roses-yu-gi-oh-25008695-640-908.jpg

deidara

Nov 23, 2011
Eternal Sonata. I don't think it's THAT obscure, but I never hear much about it. Fantastic game.

Paul Barclay

Mar 3, 2012
Raioken18 said:
I'm not sure, would Vampires The Masquerade or it's sequel count? They were both awesome games that nobody knew about... Though Bloodlines had a glitch that made it impossible to beat straight out of the box, but user mods allowed for it to be finished.

They were both amazing games in their own right.
Yeah? What was the glitch? I don't remember having any trouble with it until I got to the Sheriff and realized I wasn't going to be able to computer hack or seduce my way out of that situation.

uttaku

Sep 20, 2010
GRocci said:
The Neverhood
I can't believe someone else actually played that game! i loved that when i was younger, could never figure out the puzzles without my older sisters help but i loved the quirky humour and aethestic!

Phenomenis

May 23, 2011
TheRussian said:

I loved that. A hell of a lot. Good shout

Jaeke said:
Many...

I love those games and haven't really met anyone else who has played them, at least as much as I have.
Played all three of those. Wasn't a huge fan of the top 1, but the other two were ones I really enjoyed. Particularly Chromehounds. I spent days on that. Multiplayer was always dead, but I loved every second. I even named it at the start. Good Shout.

Haefulz said:
007: Nightfire

It's probably not as obscure as some of the other games in this thread, but it has been so overshadowed by the praise and love that Goldeneye gets that I never hear anyone mention it. Great multiplayer with bots.
Played that aswell, for ages. I loved the multiplayer on offline. Unfortunately, lost my copy, but I still have good memories.

AnAutisticDog said:
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Breakdown
Unreal Championship 2 (I <3 Judas)
Hunter the Reckoning
Bloody Roar 4
Unreal Championship 2 is one of my fav games of all time. I would put on instagib and adrenaline jump and have a huge match, it was always SOOO much fun. Malcolm was always my fav. (Gotta love the pistols and cryo staff). I'll definitely try out a couple of the other games there, since I currently like your taste in games. That and a few others named here, that have caught my eye.

Grey Walker

Jul 9, 2010
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean_%28video_game%29

To this day it remains the best pirate game I've played.

Going older I'd have to say Shakii the Wolf and Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure, mostly for the nostalgia.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Actually not obscure at all but Final Fantasy 5 in context is pretty obscure as it wasn't originally released in Europe or the USA. One of my favourites in the series and is massively underrated.

ShinobiJedi42

May 7, 2012
I absolutely loved Star Trek: Armada. During my RTS phase, I stumbled upon it as a huge Trek fan and I played it non stop for about a year. I loved how well the RTS gameplay fit so well into the Trek universe and when the sequel came out, I was clamouring for it. Sadly, the sequel was not as good as the original. I haven't really heard of anyone else who has played it or heard of it, though.

Another guy mentioned 007 Nightfire and I would completely agree with that one as well. Great multiplayer.