Favourite JRPG, go!

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
scorptatious said:
Azure-Supernova said:
My first was ashamedly Final Fantasy VII.
What's there to be ashamed about? It's a good game.

OT: Final Fantasy IX. No contest.

My first would probably be Pokemon Red. That's technically an RPG right?
Not that it's a bad game, that it took me so long to get into JRPGs! Because after I played VII I went back and explored and realised what I'd missed out on. I felt quite ashamed that in my earlier years I'd snorted at Final Fantasy.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Chrono Trigger is the only one that really ranks on my "Best Games that I've played" list. MegaTen games are pretty good too.

Austin Howe

Dec 5, 2010
UrbanCohort said:
Radiata Stories.
Really? I returned that to get Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. Y'know, a game with a GOOD battle system.

My personal favorite? Probably Final Fantasy VIII, but most of my favoerite games are JRPGs, so my preference for that is marginal.

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
My first was FFVII and my favorite is FFVII. I'm a JRPG fan but haven't had that much diversity. Pretty much only FF and Pokemon. :D Though I'm playing Persona 3 at the moment and it's quite awesome.

CaptainTrilby

Jun 3, 2011
I'll do a top ten since I'm a big JRPG fan:
10. Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga
9. Golden Sun Dark Dawn
8. The World Ends with You
7. Tales of Symphonia
6. Paper Mario: TTYD
5. Lost Odyssey
4. Final Fantasy IV
3. Golden Sun: The Lost Age
2. Skies of Arcadia Legends
1. Tales of Vesperia

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
The World Ends With You. It's the only one I've really played that I can think of. Don't know if Final Fantasy counts and I only played a little a that anyway so it doesn't matter.

Executor78

Apr 24, 2011
Lunar and Lunar 2. Okay maybe not the originals, but the Playstation reboots from the 2000's (you know the ones with great graphics, voice acting, and anime cut-scenes).

FinalHeart95

Jun 29, 2009
Final Fantasy IV and Lost Odyssey, probably, for a more "traditional" JRPG experience. Overall, though, has to be Kingdom Hearts. The first one. Second was really good too, but the first just slightly edges it out.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
I'm having a very hard time choosing. Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Phantasy Star IV, Earthbound or Star Ocean(1, first departure, whatever. I first played it as a fan translation)... dammit...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Kingdom Hearts came to mind first. Funny how half of that franchise is actually America cartoon characters. The first JRPG I played was Pokemon.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Pokemon was my first JRPG so I'm going with that. After that?

Golden Sun
Chrono Trigger
Suikoden
FFXIII
Demon's Souls

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
believer258 said:
Golden Sun.

Because so far it's the only one I've really gotten into, though I've been giving it a hiatus that needs to be solved.
Man, those games were great. The first two I mean, the last one was a little meh.

So my favorite, probably between Golden sun and Persona 3. I loved Persona 3 for it's interesting storyline and awesome characters, but Golden Sun has some of the best music in it and the battles were awesome. So... It's a tie.

My first JRPG, probably going to go with Pokemon Blue, like the others.

I remember playing pokemon on the giant gray brick gameboys... Anyone remember these?