Favourite JRPG, go!

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
4-way tie between Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana and Chrono Cross.

These may or may not be encased in a diamond nostalgia barrier to prevent any and all ill feelings towards them, OR they are the greatest creations on the planet. Could go either way really.

Jan 27, 2011
"Tales of Symphonia". My favorite game of all time. the story was great, the characters were great, the combat was great, the art style was...well you get it by now. Loved that game.

And in a VERY close second place (seriously, Tales of Symphonia only beat it due to nostalgia factor), is "The World Ends With You". That game was !@#$ing amazing. Deep, well layered story that's a blast to go through multiple times, really interesting characters, and a combat system so insane and fun that you actively WANT to get into fights for no other reason than because they are so fun. Everything about that game was top notch, and totally awesome. If you have a DS and have not played that game, DO SO PLEASE.

Runding

Oct 5, 2009
All time favorite here is Final Fantasy 3/6. It's probably the game I've sunk the most time into outside of Counter Strike and WoW.

My first game was Dragon Quest 3 in Japan- not sure if ever released here in the U.S.

volcanblade

Jan 11, 2010
blakfayt said:
Mana Khemia for the PS2, BEST GAME EVER.

My first was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, and I loved it when I was 5. It was also the first game I played to completion.
Mana Khemia is amazing. That game is so much fun.

My top three in no particular order are Ar Tonelico, Mana Khemia, or Valkyria Chronicles

UrbanCohort

Nov 30, 2009
Austin Howe said:
UrbanCohort said:
Radiata Stories.
Really? I returned that to get Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. Y'know, a game with a GOOD battle system.

My personal favorite? Probably Final Fantasy VIII, but most of my favoerite games are JRPGs, so my preference for that is marginal.
It's sort of a quirky game but I'm also a quirky person, so we sort of matched up well...I also have TtEoT, but could never really get into it...

MrMixelPixel

Jul 7, 2010
Fire Emblem. Easily. I REALLY enjoy that game.

It just has this feel I really like. The characters are excellent too. My favorite is Soren.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Breath of Fire 1-4
FF4,5,6,9,10
Chrono Trgger
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
SMT:Nocturne
Persona 3 (not played 4 yet >.>)
Digital Devil Saga 1&2
Seikendensetsu 2 an 3 (secret of mana)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Lufia 1&2
Lunar1&2
Digimon World 3 (shut up, it was awesome >.<, best one of the lot)
Shadow Hearts 1-3
and Legend of the Dragoon

Akelzero

Aug 9, 2010
First one to pop into my head? Digimon world 3. I've never been fond of JRPGs but I really liked the battle and digivolve systems in it.

Magna Carta is another one that comes into my head. although it's not a turn based JRPG I believe it can still qualify due to a good linear story that kept me playing.

Mar 28, 2011

Best game ever made. Everything about it is perfect in my opinion.

Even had this printed on the back of a hoodie because i couldn't afford the tattoo

First JRPG? God that was a while ago. Probably say FF8? (still my favourite ff bar FFX-2)

UrbanCohort

Nov 30, 2009
Austin Howe said:
UrbanCohort said:
Radiata Stories.
Really? I returned that to get Star Ocean: Till The End of Time. Y'know, a game with a GOOD battle system.
Also, it's got quite a heart-wrenching story when you boil it down to it's essence...it's about a guy who leaves everything behind to follow his gal OR let's his love go to fight for his people...kind of a "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't' story.

Forgive my cheesiness.

XxSummonerxX

May 17, 2009
The World Ends With You.

Great soundtrack, complicated battle system, great soundtrack, a really good storyline, great soundtrack, a nice difficulty curve, a great soundtrack, interesting characters, a great soundtrack, aaaand... yeah...

Fbuh

Feb 3, 2009
I like to play JRPGs more for the story and characters than the actual gameplay. With that said, Fianl Fantasy 6 is my favorite, with Chrono Cross being the second.

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
Well up to now it's Persona 3 FES, though I DO have Persona 4 but I'd rather leave that until I've completed FES because I know the battle system is completely improved and I don't want to go back and play FES going "WHY CAN'T YOU BE LIKE THAT ONE!" which coincidentally P3P did but took out The Answer story.