Favourite movie quote

kellenheller

Mar 3, 2009
"Donny! You're outta your element!"
"Shut the fuck up Donny!"
"This aggression will not stand man!"
All from The Big Lebowski

"Look out man! That's called Karate. There's only two kinds of people that know Karate: Chinese and The King, and one of them is me." Jack White as Elvis in Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story.

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
"You have three seconds, exactly three fucking seconds, to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face, or I will gouge out your eyes and skull-fuck you!!!" I have no idea what movie it's from, that quote has just stuck with me.

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die." It's just so matter-of-fact.

"My father, was a drinker, and a fiend..." that entire monologue (I'm not typing it up, a) it's too long and b) kids visit this site:p) is just bone-chilling.

Anachronism

Apr 9, 2009
"Well, my dear hobbits. Here, at last, on the shores of the Sea, comes the end of our Fellowship. I will not say 'do not weep', for not all tears are an evil".

Never fails to have me in tears.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
RagnorakTres said:
"You have three seconds, exactly three fucking seconds, to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face, or I will gouge out your eyes and skull-fuck you!!!" I have no idea what movie it's from, that quote has just stuck with me.
That would be full metal jacket, sir.

narmeian

Apr 9, 2009
RagnorakTres said:
I think that's full metal jacket, many good lines

RazielDethAngel

Jan 22, 2008
Well any line in the whole movie "In Bruges" is amazing my all time favorite is either

*Punches American man(or so he thinks) in face* "Thats for John Lennon you Yankee Fuckin' ****"

Or the lollipop man scene(if you've seen it you know what I'm talking about)

HazukiHawkins

Mar 3, 2009
rayman 101 said:
"Luke... I AM YOUR FATHER!"
-Darth Vader
No such line. In the movie, it goes:
"Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father..."
"He told me enough. He said you killed him!"
"No... I AM YOUR FATHER!"

My personal favorite might be... hmm, maybe that one scene from Fistful of Dollars, after a bunch of playful cowboys decide to scare Clint Eastwood's character's horse.

Troublemaker 1: Go get your mule. You let him get away from you?
Stranger: Yeah, see that's what I want to talk to you about... he's feelin' real bad.
Troublemaker 1: Eh?
Stranger: My mule. Ya see, he got all riled up when you went and fired those shots at his feet.
Troublemaker 2: Hey.. you making some kinda joke?
Stranger: No.. see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he.. just doesn't get it. 'Course, if you were to all apologise...

They all laugh.

Stranger: I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. ...See, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you'll apologise like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

They reach for their pistols; he guns them all down.

I hear most of the movie was based on Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, and apparently this scene was no exception... but I still feel it was well orchestrated in this instance, as well.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Fruity Oaty Bars! Make a man out of a mouse! Fruity Oaty Bars! Make you bust out of your blouse! Eat them all the time! Let them blow your mind, ohh! Fruity Oaty Bars!
- Serenity, Fruity Oaty Bar Jingle.

Serenity Spoiler
Wash: I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I?
[A Reaver harpoon impales Wash, killing him.]

"That's not a knife. [draws a large Bowie knife] That's a knife."
- Crocodile Dundee

CRAVE CASE 55

Jan 2, 2009
smallharmlesskitten said:
"Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

Cookie for whoever get's it and possibly corrects me
Well i know they quote this in the simpsons game but no idea who they're quoting.

"I'm here to kick some ass or chew some bubble gum. And I'm all out of Gum."

r4ndom

Aug 24, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m6qPNCuf8g&feature=channel_page

"Be still, Cody."

kellenheller

Mar 3, 2009
urprobablyright said:
There's no single greatest quote.

here are some that come to mind:

"Das' right - Nobody fucks with tha jesus." -Jesus, The Big Lebowski

"The dude abides" -The Dude, The Big Lebowski
Nice! OOH! Don't forget these lines either!

The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...
Donny: I am the walrus.
The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say...
Walter Sobchak: That fucking *****...
The Dude: Oh yeah!
Walter Sobchak: Shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov!
Donny: What the fuck is he talking about, Dude?

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

Xbowhyena

Jan 26, 2009
"They're coming too fast!

"Oh a Nickel for every time I've had that problem"

Family Guy Star Wars, of course. Maybe not the best, but popped into my head when I read this thread.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
"Abort the feedle position!" -Without a Paddle
"I'm Ron Burgandy. Go fuck yourself, San Diego" -Anchorman
"Hey everyone! Come and see how good I look!" -Anchorman
actually, basically every line in Anchorman is PURE GOLD!
"When the fuck did we get ice cream?! Was I sleeping?! Can I have my ice cream now?" -The Ringer

Apr 8, 2008
HazukiHawkins said:
[Stranger: I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. ...See, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now, if you'll apologise like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
I was going to allude to this earlier today,but didn't because I couldn't remember the words corectly enough to do it any justice.

Another good line from that movie(although it's sexist and kind of untrue) is where one of the gang leaders is talking to his wife,who doesn't trust the stranger:
"Ahh,you women.If things aren't complicated...you get suspicious."