Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
I've yet to get a shout. Tee hee. Level 23.
Really? I thought the dragons show up anyway, and you wouldn't be able to help finding words since they are everywhere right?
I found one, but I can't use it yet. I need to learn the first quest one first, I guess. I did a lot of serious pick pocketing and other thievery so my level is hugely inflated so fighting is pretty tough right now. I basically need to sneak-attack everyone or I end up getting overwhelmed quickly.

Doing nonessential skills like alchemy and such really proved to be quite worthless in the short run.
Maybe you need to unlock it and don't know how? On an xbox controller you need to select the shout in the menu and press x to unlock. If you have a dragons soul anyway!
It specifically says I cannot use it yet. I have no dragon souls absorbed yet. I immediately abandoned the main quest and started stealing stuff.
I'm just surprised. I could have sworn Todd Howard said there would be dragons in the game from the beginning.
Well, that ONE at character creation. But I haven't killed one yet. I've been mostly in towns and such. I used the carriage to get to one town and I've basically only been to town 1, Whiterun, and thief-town.

YonderTunic

Mar 4, 2010
Whirlwind Sprint. I've found no practical use for it outside of the lulz and findings ways to get onto stuff you normally couldn't. Rooftop dashing is fun.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Ilikemilkshake said:
PureIrony said:
Mostly Liz. Its just so useful for when my mage runs out of magicka.

Ilikemilkshake said:
Ive only found 8 so far, but my favourite so far is Storm Call... It creates a badass lightening storm, doesnt really do much but like i said, makes you feel like a total badass.
Mind telling me where you found that? Skyrim wiki isn't really up-to-date at the moment.
Sure thing, if im remembering correctly, Theres a word wall after you clear the dungeon called Forelhost, its south east of riften, it took quite a while but the shout is worth it :D
So going there later!

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
Fieldy409 said:
Odbarc said:
I've yet to get a shout. Tee hee. Level 23.
Really? I thought the dragons show up anyway, and you wouldn't be able to help finding words since they are everywhere right?
I found one, but I can't use it yet. I need to learn the first quest one first, I guess. I did a lot of serious pick pocketing and other thievery so my level is hugely inflated so fighting is pretty tough right now. I basically need to sneak-attack everyone or I end up getting overwhelmed quickly.

Doing nonessential skills like alchemy and such really proved to be quite worthless in the short run.
Maybe you need to unlock it and don't know how? On an xbox controller you need to select the shout in the menu and press x to unlock. If you have a dragons soul anyway!
It specifically says I cannot use it yet. I have no dragon souls absorbed yet. I immediately abandoned the main quest and started stealing stuff.
I'm just surprised. I could have sworn Todd Howard said there would be dragons in the game from the beginning.
Sadly that isn't the case, I've explored about half the map without touching the main quest and it was around 25 I realized that I might as well do the quest part where I "unlock" the dragons, else I'd be stuck running around the same old terrain in a futile effort to find a dragon. Funny part is that they come out of the wood work like man. I had a dragon drop down on me when I was fighting some thugs who had been hired by the city guard to "teach me a lesson" and I was like oh god the dragon is down and now I have to fight 3 guys armored to the teeth in steel, and woosh another dragon comes down. Luckily this one was frost and me being a nord + having those frost resistant boots made his attacks do almost no damage.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
Time slow, 90% of the time I use it for dramatic effect over tactical advantage.
walking into halls is always better in slow motion.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Sadly that isn't the case, I've explored about half the map without touching the main quest and it was around 25 I realized that I might as well do the quest part where I "unlock" the dragons, else I'd be stuck running around the same old terrain in a futile effort to find a dragon. Funny part is that they come out of the wood work like man. I had a dragon drop down on me when I was fighting some thugs who had been hired by the city guard to "teach me a lesson" and I was like oh god the dragon is down and now I have to fight 3 guys armored to the teeth in steel, and woosh another dragon comes down. Luckily this one was frost and me being a nord + having those frost resistant boots made his attacks do almost no damage.
Well shit. Todd Howard pulled a Peter Molyneux!

Solid Reece

Nov 19, 2010
Ilikemilkshake said:
Ive only found 8 so far, but my favourite so far is Storm Call... It creates a badass lightening storm, doesnt really do much but like i said, makes you feel like a total badass.
Where do you find the word walls for that shout? I can't find it.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
So far, Fire Breath, if only beacuse it saved my ass a couple times during particularly tough fights. And Ethereal Form is good when you need to heal and can't run away.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I have 20, and I only use Unrelenting Force, Whirlwind Sprint, and (Spoilers?) Dragonrend. I did use Storm Call once. Never again.

nekoali

Aug 25, 2009
I know it's been said before.. And honestly I'm not so far in the game yet to really try out most any shouts.... but... FUS RO DAH never never gets old... it makes me giggle every time.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
So far the only ones I've found/recieved are Fire Breath, and the Whirlwind and UF upgrade from the Greybeards. At the moment, I'd have to say that the most useful would be FUS RO-Unrelenting Force 2.

I only ever really use it when being chased, however. Stagger my enemies so I can either turn tail and get away or give myself some space to unleash my blazing fury with Fire Bolt.

Lord_Nether

Nov 6, 2011
I'm not very far either, but I find the Whirlwind way more useful than FUS RO DAH. I use it a lot to dodge or run away.

Sprogus

The Lord of Dreams
Jan 8, 2009
So far the shouts I use the most are Aura Whisper and Marked for Death. Both are useful in their own way.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Unrelenting Force, then again I only have three shouts right now almost every dragon I run into seems to either ignore me or fly off near the end of the fight.

ks1234

Mar 12, 2011
Itsthefuzz said:
FUS RO DAH!

Sending people flying off cliffs since 2011.
BAHAHAHAHA!!!! I lol'd soooo fucking hard at this.
OT: I use Foos-Ro-Dah mostly because I play an archer (mainly) and it really helps to knock back my opponents and take a few shots at them especially with the Elven Bow because I can shoot arrows pretty damn fast :D

Zinaxos

Feb 9, 2009
Mine is Whirlwind Sprint. I have all three words for it and I love shooting all over the place with that. I use it to climb mountains and stuff. It's just so much fun. My second favorite is Ice form then Unrelenting Force is third. I just got Fire Breath though, and that's pretty fun. So, that might contend for second or third. But mainly Whirlwind Sprint. It's just so much fun.