Favourite villian?

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
This could be from anything, games/movies/books etc.

So everyone, who is your personal favourite villain and why?

My personal favourite villain is Sarevok from Baldurs gate, his plotting and manipulation is brilliant in the first game. Not to mention he has superior combat capabilities which make him a worthy foe.

<spoiler=Can't wait for enhanced edition :D>

Your turn.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I did like Kessler form Infamous he was a good villain and kind of sad in a way. Him and Solidus are likely the best video game villains I know of.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Magneto and Dr Doom for different reasons.

Doom first. He's incredibly versatile as a villain (Chris Sims wrote a far better article about it) but basically he can go one on one with a hero or stand on his own against an entire team when prepared. He's mastered magic and technology and can stand up to Dr Strange or Tony Stark in their own fields. He can be incredibly serious, but also comically ridiculous (like when Squirral Girl or Luke Cage beats him up).

Magneto on the other hand is great because he's so ambiguous. There's a reason why "Magneto was right" is on t-shirts. He stands for a pretty admirable goal, protecting mutant kind from extinction, he has a tragic back story being a holocaust survivor. He's powerful and charismatic. He has a great powerset and a fantastic costume. The costume is fantastic because it blends heroic features (cape uncommon in marvel universe, underwear on outside) with villainous (horned helmet). Even it's colours, red and purple, primary and secondary colours (the former is associated with heroes, the latter with villains), but also red for blood, fitting for a terrorist, but purple for royalty, which is what he sees himself. King of the mutants.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
The Prophet of Truth from the Halo series is awesome.

Loki from The Avengers was awesome too.

I really like the psychotic-evil-magnificent-scheming-bastard kind of villain.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Dr Doom since I like his ego. Sure he is powerful and all but it seen he always blame Reed and also trying to proove he is the most superior and intelligent of them all. Also the fact he got this own nation aswell which he treat his people nicely.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Light or L from Death note.
And Scar from The lion king. And Discord.

TestingTheExaminer

Jan 13, 2012
I can't remember his name but Alan Rickman's character from Die Hard made me crack up on several occasions.

Also Trinity from Dexter season 4.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Doctor Doom... Everyone knows his Foot Dive is so OP.

Doom: Hey, Robin Hood! Meet the Human Blender!

FOOT-FOOT DIVE

I am soooooo top-tier!

And... Ahhhhh what's the name of the villain in the Medaka Box manga? The guy who was the complete opposite to Medaka and was completely awesome? He had screws as weapons!

FFFFFFF that's going to annoy me all day now... Need to get back into that manga actually.

Also, Manfred Von Karma from Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Soooooo epic!

Also, also The Killer from Persona 4, don't wanna spoil but that girl/guy was amazing

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Glados hands down.. I completed Portal 2 in 7 hours. My total play time? 24+ hours, because I just love listening to her so damn much.

=y

May 11, 2012

Vegeta was just awesome in the Saiyan arc and the Freiza arc. After that he moved from badass villain to more of a powerful rival type of character. But man I loved evil Veggie. And Darth Vader but every kid loved Darth Vader as a villain. Can't think of others who top those two for me.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
In the vidya it would have to be Hazama from BlazBlue.
I have never seen a more ridiculous villain. He...he just doesn't make sense in his planning. That's some Death Note/Code Geass so-dumb-it's-brilliant level bullshit right there.
And he's got some great fucking clothes.

Also, this nigga right here.

zombiekiller1907

May 5, 2011
The Wykydtron said:
Doctor Doom... Everyone knows his Foot Dive is so OP.

Doom: Hey, Robin Hood! Meet the Human Blender!

FOOT-FOOT DIVE

I am soooooo top-tier!

Somebody's been watching Max lately.....

For me, I would say Skeletor
or lelouch... if he antiheroes count as villains
They're both FAAAAAABULOUS!!!!!

Metalix Knightmare

Sep 27, 2007
If I had to pick one guy, I'd have to say my favorite villain would have to be Jagi from Fist of the North Star. It's nice to have a bad guy who is just such a complete BASTARD in every sense of the word! Killing innocent people?

A mountain before Breakfast.

Bringing guns to a fist fight?

Standard operating procedure for the man.

And then they made Jagi Gaiden which actually made one weep for Jagi and what he had become. An accomplishment in and of itself considering the monster we've all known him as.

Fleetfiend

Jun 1, 2011
I feel like I started a trend...

Anyways, I think Seymour Guado from FFX is one of my favorite villains. I know everyone else hates him, but I think he's just awesome.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Hmm, I've got to say my favorite villain has to be... Morgoth, such a complete badass to be honest.

a7xman

Oct 14, 2011
The Joker. Mostly because I have a similar personality, one of the few villains who people root for at times, his views on life, when described are fairly accurate, and I'm fairly sure I have a split personality in which he is my alter ego.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
Horus.

If you're going to go on a personal patricidal crusade of vengeance you might as well take half the god damn galaxy with you.

crazyarms33

Nov 24, 2011
TestingTheExaminer said:
I can't remember his name but Alan Rickman's character from Die Hard made me crack up on several occasions.
Hans Gruber is the name you're looking for. I loved Mr. Rickman as that character as well.

OT: I gotta go with a character from the Night Angel Trilogy. Garoth Ursuul and his son Rat. Both villains were very well written and executed. They are closely followed by SGT Obadiah Hakeswell from the Sharpe's Rifles series. A total psycho who is pure evil and surprisingly crafty? Yes please.