Fear me mortals for I am a god moments.

Euhan01

Mar 16, 2011
I was recently playing Mass Effect Two for the second time as my level 30 character, on whatever the hardest difficulty was called, saving at every possible opporunity and hiding behind cover as much as possible, unloading clip after clip into a bot to try and reduce there health bars before dieing on a particularly hard bit for the hundreth time (one of the Geth Giant mech things had me in a corner and charging towards me) before I finally snapped, copied the save over and lowered the difficulty back to normal.

Suddenly the game changed from bieng very tough, to a breeze. Normally this would take the challenge away but suddenly flying at ennamies as a human cannonball or sending a wave of them flying away of into the distance was suddenly far more appealing than it was in the first playthrew.

The something similar happened during Portal 2. I rember doing one puzzle first time and ensuring that all the gels and portals linked together with ease and basicly thinking, Ha i'm just too good.

Whats the Excapists members best moments when they just seem to be on another level compared to the game/other players?

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I made a habit of completing all the side missions in Saints Row 2 before i really start the storymissions. With all the cool bonusweapons, faster health regenaration and longer sprinting you're pretty much a killing machine. And it feeld good.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Meh I always find those moments come whne I up the difficulty instead of lowering it- ME2 proving to be a prefect example, I was doing the Free Jack mission and finding it so easy to be a joke- I didnt have to use cover or even think, i just walked forward slowly firing.
But then on a whim I tunred up the difficulty and the game just came alive- it became deeply tactical and captured the feel GOW had in its best moments.

Another one came back wne I played Jak 2- one of the missions is a horrible footslog against large numbers of enemy infantry and aircraft, I came close to breaking my controller more then once, until one majestic moment where I realised I could see the objective infront of me, blocked by a dropship which I promptly blew up with judiscious use of dark eco mode, mission complete and much "fuck yeah" was heard.

MurderousToaster

Aug 9, 2008
I was in Tol Barad on WoW as a Blood Death Knight all up in the Alliance spawn. It it took them so long to kill me. It felt good.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Two Worlds 1. Grinding to level 50 at the endgame...by slaughtering everyone in the cities. Good times.

ManOwaRrior

Apr 12, 2011
Once you got Uriziel and the ore-Armor in Gothic.
Controlling the Odin in SC2.
Getting the upgraded physics-gun in HL2.
Basically the entire Game in Crysis.
Oni-Link in Majora's Mask.

And, of course...

Collectinng a power-star in Super Mario bros.!

Mr Shrike

Aug 13, 2010
Whenever I'm in my Ka-52 on ARMA (with ACE mod).

Anything within 3 kilometers may as well just pack up and go home. It's over, man. It's over.

Heartcafe

Feb 28, 2011
Playing Drakengard on the ps2 and after finishing it, returning back to the first few chapters with the full evolved dragon.
Smoked them all with one hit. RAWRRRR!! :D

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I drove across a massive multiplayer map in Halo 2 with the flag in my passenger seat with a wraith trailing me. The catch? I was on two wheels. I hit a rock about halfway across the map and my right two wheels didn't touch down again.

Also, Bad Company 2, I sniped a guy as he fired a rocket at me. I backed into a wall in the building I was in, expecting it to hit me, when the thing passed through the window I was looking through and out another window beside me. Kill for me, no kill for him.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Playing the Homeworld campaign and having captured all the Kadeshi Multi-Beam Frigates. Those things are just way too overpowered.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Prototype.

I think that about sums up everything I need to say.

Otherwise, taking a high level character to a low level area will get this reaction out of me. Especially when I'm fighting enemies that gave me a hard time when I was at the right level.

Alternatively, anytime I easily trounce a boss that is bigger than a building and I'm not playing SotC, I'll probably get some sort of similar reaction.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
First time playing Morrowind, I spent an in-game year doing anything BUT the main quest (faction quests, side quests, collecting unique gear, leveling, ect.)...I got the idea from my brother. Anyway, I finally make it to Dagoth Ur, and he makes the mandatory speech (you should join...I can't be stopped...you're fighting, then prepare to die!). He runs towards me, and I smack him ONCE with Chysamere. One-shotting the final boss...that feels pretty good.

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
Once I got the secret mechs in S.L.A.I. (that game you've probably never heard of)

Those things were overpowered as all hell

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
Togs said:
Meh I always find those moments come whne I up the difficulty instead of lowering it- ME2 proving to be a prefect example, I was doing the Free Jack mission and finding it so easy to be a joke- I didnt have to use cover or even think, i just walked forward slowly firing.
But then on a whim I tunred up the difficulty and the game just came alive- it became deeply tactical and captured the feel GOW had in its best moments.

Another one came back wne I played Jak 2- one of the missions is a horrible footslog against large numbers of enemy infantry and aircraft, I came close to breaking my controller more then once, until one majestic moment where I realised I could see the objective infront of me, blocked by a dropship which I promptly blew up with judiscious use of dark eco mode, mission complete and much "fuck yeah" was heard.
Ugh, I love the Jak series, but I never got past that fucking mission where you're on that rail, with the cannon gun and you have to kill loads of the flying Crimson Guards. Damn.

And, any time I play Budokai 3... the one game I truly own at.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
The one time in World of Tanks where I destroyed all fifteen members of the enemy team.

Rewdalf

Usually Sacrastic
Jan 6, 2010
Driving through Liberty City in a sporty sedan with three of my friends in the passenger seats.
Once they ran out of ammo it was all up to me, and I got through the most crowded part of the city with two SWAT vans tailing me, as well as a chopper and much more on the way.
It all ended when I drove the car off a platform and into the water. Three of us swam away to safety while one guy got shot to bits in the water...

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
inFamous for me.

After learning that power where I can summon lightening from the sky, I went on a murdering rampage because that power is fucking amazing, too bad it sucks up a lot of energy though... oh well.

FEAR ME MORTALS!!