Feed Dump: Bert's Spider Shack

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Most of us can feel safe, because the infamous UV spiders have never actually been encountered outside Western Canada. Fact.

Rogjah

Dec 5, 2012
Kheapathic said:
That is just embarrassing, how do you not know the continents or major oceans of the world. Now please correct me if I'm wrong (as I'm a yank), but isn't a 200 level course something like a bachelor level class?
Embarrassing yes, but hardly surprising or an isolated incident. For example: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/05/0502_060502_geography.html

But yeah, a 2000 level course (I know Graham said 200) is basically a second year course. Meanwhile, it's a course that only Sociology students are going to take, so Geography was probably never their thing to begin with. It's still pretty shameful. I would have liked to see some actual test results though. Is it only a couple of students here and there who are complete airheads? Or was it a majority? I would imagine the story is a little overblown.

Alex_LRR

Oct 13, 2010
Timothy Tucker said:
I may have done this just for the lols but I think it's funny and somewhat relevant to be on this thread. I felt like I just had to after seeing that ending.
I don't know therefore Feed Dump
This actually made me laugh out loud.

Sidmen

Jul 3, 2012
To be fair, without looking it up I probably don't know all the oceans. Oh, I know a lot of them, and many many Seas, but will probably miss a few. Lets see, from memory:

North America
South America
Europe
Africa
Asia
Australia

Atlantic Ocean
Pacific Ocean
Indian Ocean?

Everything else I can think of are seas, gulfs, etc. Lets see how I did:

I missed the Arctic Ocean (could've sworn that was a Sea) and the Southern Ocean, which just sounds fake. Also forgot Antarctica as a continent, since it's unimportant. Looks like I'm a typical ignorant American, at least I got all the important areas...

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Abomination said:
shiajun said:
To this day I have no idea what a pound is in kilograms. You're Canadian, guys! Use metric system.
A Kilogram is essentially 2.5 pounds. So a pound is about 2/5 of a kilogram.

Learning rainbow goes here.
Apparently it does not, for 1 Kilogram is 2.20462262 pounds. Basically 2.2, not 2.5, a pretty significant difference.
Really, it took me 3 seconds to google this.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Realitycrash said:
Abomination said:
shiajun said:
To this day I have no idea what a pound is in kilograms. You're Canadian, guys! Use metric system.
A Kilogram is essentially 2.5 pounds. So a pound is about 2/5 of a kilogram.

Learning rainbow goes here.
Apparently it does not, for 1 Kilogram is 2.20462262 pounds. Basically 2.2, not 2.5, a pretty significant difference.
Really, it took me 3 seconds to google this.
"Learning Rainbow" was the only mistake in that post. He meant to say "Misleading Rainbow" which does indeed list the factor as 2.5 for conversion. Side note: Misleading Rainbow is missing the colors violet and orange and explains how one can convert cubic centimeters directly into units of sadness.

Mikodite

Dec 8, 2010
Sidney Buit said:
To be fair, without looking it up I probably don't know all the oceans. Oh, I know a lot of them, and many many Seas, but will probably miss a few. Lets see, from memory:

North America
South America
Europe
Africa
Asia
Australia

Atlantic Ocean
Pacific Ocean
Indian Ocean?

Everything else I can think of are seas, gulfs, etc. Lets see how I did:

I missed the Arctic Ocean (could've sworn that was a Sea) and the Southern Ocean, which just sounds fake. Also forgot Antarctica as a continent, since it's unimportant. Looks like I'm a typical ignorant American, at least I got all the important areas...
Your missing the Southern (Antarctic) Ocean. Also Antarctica is colloquially considered an Continent (those some debate that its in fact an archipelago buried in ice.

Though I was told that there was a game show where someone was asked which continent France was on, and they couldn't decide whether it was on West Continent or East Continent. Sigh.

Though I would like to know how the professor found that out about his students.