ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
As I recall it being told, the pyramidal hotel in North Korea stood unfinished for so long because, due to poor engineering and the use of sub-standard building materials, it was structurally unsound and barely able to support its own weight, much less several thousand guests. How they brought it up to snuff without completely disassembling it first is anybody's guess.

It is further intimated that several people were executed as a consequence of failing their wise, glorious, merciful leader.

Here it is in Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/?ll=39.036345,125.731241&spn=0.005425,0.010568&t=h&z=17

Also, some of the reviews on Google+ are pretty hilarious:

https://plus.google.com/103182326067979143302/about?gl=US&hl=en-US

Tyranicus

Feb 8, 2008
Is this shit suppose to be funny? I have no idea what they are talking about and they all sound really pretentious. I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Crazy Communist Kathleen will be haunting my nightmares for the forseeable future. Seriously, that was just creepy...

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Loved todays show. Can't wait to see Desert Bus. Hope it goes well!

leviadragon99

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah, that woman having to stand around with the idiot sign seems the least they can do to her.

Well if you're going to go Bigfoot hunting, might as well go all-out on the crazy and get blimps involved.

Oh dang... you just had to be auctioning off that hat during a desert bus I'll be on overseas holiday for...

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
Cam, you know that Bigfoot nuggets would taste terrible, right?
I had cooked Bigfoot once- it wasn't good, but fried Bigfoot would be even worse
Hey don't judge me- we were lost and it was the only creature we could catch
Or maybe that was a bear... I don't know, had hunger induced blackouts

anaphysik

Nov 5, 2008
Canada-clan, which ones have signed the hanar hat? Because some of those signatures may actually decrease its desirability...

And I highly doubt that it would have Chris L'Etoile's on it, so that bonus is right out...

cyber95

Feb 28, 2008
Tyranicus said:
Is this shit suppose to be funny? I have no idea what they are talking about and they all sound really pretentious. I'm sorry but this is just ridiculous.
Well they have a tendency to explain what they're talking about, so I guess you weren't actually listening? This might explain your confusion.

Remember to know what you're complaining about before you complain!

TheOrb

Jun 24, 2012
I've seen enough hentai...

Oh, wait we're not doing that joke anymore? Damn.
Um, well, I got nothing else.

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
That is a sweet Hanar hat, but the "Bigfoot McNuggets" was the moment that my coffee went up my nose.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
go communist Kathleen! The glorious leader approves of your enthusiasm.

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
Anyone else think the completely unfinished brutalist Pyongyang hotel actually looks better than the almost finished, tackily shiny Pyongyang hotel? I mean, compare the two:

Unfinished:

Almost finished:

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
This one would like the Hanar hat. It humbly requests that the other specifically inform this one how to acquire the hat.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
leviadragon99 said:
Oh dang... you just had to be auctioning off that hat during a desert bus I'll be on overseas holiday for...
Find wifi, bid on it, and have it shipped to your home address.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
This one would like the Hanar hat. It humbly requests that the other specifically inform this one how to acquire the hat.
http://desertbus.org/silent-auction/90