Feed Dump: Coffee and Kittens

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
So....this episode is how technology has made people entitled, lazy, and braindead-stupid twats? Is that the gist of it? Because that's what I take from the video.

Starbucks is P.O.S. company that is no longer worthy of me stepping on their door mat (even with dog shit on the bottom of my shoes). If I want to get a to-go coffee, I'll try one of the many other cafes in the area; or if and when I have time I'll make my own coffees and lattes at home for a fraction of the price.

I'm honestly hoping for a viral attack against all Apple products -iPads, iPods, iPhones, etc.- that would send out an electrical surge and electrocute all users of the devices at or around the same time. This would help weed out the population of the lazy and the stupid [and the assholes]. Not sure if there's even enough juice in the batteries of those things unless it's a concentrated charge burst (or maybe something that goes off when connected to an outlet for charging).

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Sorry, but that hat does just not qualify!!!
I'm certain I saw it on news reports from rural Scotland, or maybe it was a sheapherder from Norway?
But, that's just a hat you can see on other news stations, which makes me very sad! :(

Better have two hats, or a really special one next week!

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
Nubrain said:
It seemed somehow fitting that i watched this with my kitten curled up in my arms. She likes to be held and stroked down her back like the cat of an evil scientist. Normally she doesn't pay much attention to what I'm doing (as long as I don't stop petting her for very long) but she actually perked up and looked at the screen when they started talking about kittens.

it's hard to be sure but i think my kitty gives this feed dump her stamp of approval.
Don't tell Kathleen that. She was already clearly overwhelmed by the Humane Society kitten thing...hearing that would put her into cuteness overload.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make sure PETA doesn't try and stop the kitten thing. LET'S GO GUYS!

*various Nintendo, Sega, and Capcom hero characters...all fully armed...follow Anthony*

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
I'm honestly hoping for a viral attack against all Apple products -iPads, iPods, iPhones, etc.- that would send out an electrical surge and electrocute all users of the devices at or around the same time. This would help weed out the population of the lazy and the stupid [and the assholes].
Heh... Be careful what you wish for.

Jonci

Sep 15, 2009
Deathfish15 said:
So....this episode is how technology has made people entitled, lazy, and braindead-stupid twats? Is that the gist of it? Because that's what I take from the video.

Starbucks is P.O.S. company that is no longer worthy of me stepping on their door mat (even with dog shit on the bottom of my shoes). If I want to get a to-go coffee, I'll try one of the many other cafes in the area; or if and when I have time I'll make my own coffees and lattes at home for a fraction of the price.

I'm honestly hoping for a viral attack against all Apple products -iPads, iPods, iPhones, etc.- that would send out an electrical surge and electrocute all users of the devices at or around the same time. This would help weed out the population of the lazy and the stupid [and the assholes]. Not sure if there's even enough juice in the batteries of those things unless it's a concentrated charge burst (or maybe something that goes off when connected to an outlet for charging).
This is Feed Dump, not Rage Dump.

Psychobabble

. . . . . . . .
Aug 3, 2013
Whew! Judging from the title and looks on your faces I was afraid this was going to be some kind depressing of public service announcement about the dangers of hot beverages and curious cute fuzzy animals. Instead it turns out to be a ... rather depressing video about the state of growing impersonality in the connected digital age.

KITTENS!! I NEED MOORE KITTENS!!!

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Hah, those final reactions alone made this episode. Well done Graham...I salute you sir!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
kailus13 said:
Couldn't that tracking app be used for really creepy purposes?
It already is [http://www.geek.com/apple/man-catches-cheating-wife-using-iphone-4s-and-find-my-friends-1431101/]
There have been many stories talking about how people have tracked victims down using the geotag in a picture or a text, or how houses have been robbed when someone has posted to Facebook that they have gone out for the day and their address is in their public profile.
The tracking apps for children shows jsut how fat the lunacy of "rpotect the children" has gone while at the same time somehow everyone has to do the parents wor for them.

Theclassnerd

May 18, 2010
So I just noticed this now, but do they color coordinate the objects in the background based on what the speaker in the foreground is wearing? I don't remember noticing it in previous episodes, but can anyone else confirm this?