Feed Dump: Life Begins at Braaaaains

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
Life Begins at Braaaaains

Ever wonder what a cow palace is? Me neither.

Watch Video
 

Simon Leonhart

New member
Jan 4, 2010
47
0
0
I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.
 
Jan 12, 2012
2,114
0
0
Simon Leonhart said:
I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.
"Nationally" meaning "Within the Independent Nation of Quebec, you filthy English swine".

OT: I'm still not clear on the whole Cow Palace thing. It's a big arena, and sometimes it's full of cows. Do they do other stuff there when it's not full of cows? Do the cows perform tricks, or race each other? How many people drink themselves into a stupor every night rather than go to the Cow Palace?
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?

And Olds sounds like a riveting place full of fun and excitement.
 

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
4,568
0
0
It must suck to live in Dubai if you've just had Liposuction. "Why? I could have made so much money!"

Why would you hunt an unmanned drone anyway? Free pizza?
 

Miyenne

New member
May 16, 2013
387
0
0
Eleuthera said:
I was secretly expecting Nickelback to be the 4th act...
Me too. Three great bands and then I figured it'd be them. I'm kinda curious now.

And Cow Palace. I can imagine the smell. University of Manitoba houses livestock, I grew up just a few minutes from the school. The smells...
 

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
575
0
0
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?
I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.
 

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
1,673
0
0
Angelous Wang said:
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?
I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.
Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE
 

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
575
0
0
Eleuthera said:
Angelous Wang said:
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?
I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.
Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE
... Somehow I got Delhi and Dubai mixed up. Dyslexic fuck up deploy.
 

SquidVicious

Senior Member
Feb 9, 2021
427
0
21
Country
United States
They're from Quebec which does narrow it down a bit, but I don't think Canada is cool enough to put VoiVod or The Arcade Fire on a stamp so I really have no clue.

Looking it up though the band is Beau Dommage... Okay I make it an effort to know as much about the music from my country, but I can say that I have never heard of this band.
 

Frylock72

New member
Dec 7, 2009
193
0
0
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.
 

varmintx

New member
Oct 6, 2011
149
0
0
Frylock72 said:
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.
You should lay off the meth for a little while.
 

spiffleh

New member
Jul 12, 2010
167
0
0
Beej is from Alberta?! Whaaaaaat? This changes.... well nothing really. Olds is well.. Olds.
 

Issurru

New member
Jun 13, 2010
582
0
0
I feel like that stinger should have been Beej saying that it was "Ploughed" into his bones. Think it would have made it that much better
 

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
3,245
0
0
Frylock72 said:
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.
Allow me to disagree with your opinion. Especially the Kathleen/Alex combo.
 

Tombfyre

New member
Feb 7, 2008
33
0
0
You know what else Olds has? Gigabit fibre internet services, apparently.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2013/07/17/technology-gigabit-internet-olds.html

Now they can watch cat videos at Ludicrous Speed. All the cats will have gone to plaid.
 

Stryc9

New member
Nov 12, 2008
1,294
0
0
That hat was made for Jay Leno, hence the extra long cord for his massive moon shaped jaw. Also, I too was expecting Nickelback to appear on that list of Canadian bands and am still wondering what the 4th unknown "French" one is.
 

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
24,760
0
0
Eleuthera said:
I was secretly expecting Nickelback to be the 4th act...
I was hoping, if only for the WTFery to follow. And maybe outrage. Could you imagine the outrage?
 

GamemasterAnthony

New member
Dec 5, 2010
1,009
0
0
Crap...if I was living in Dubai and they decided to do this when I was sick and my weight had dropped to 130, I would have raked it in!
 

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
3,226
0
0
Frylock72 said:
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.
I don't know "Da da da, du da du, the aristocrats!" absolutely killed me.
 

Reynaert

New member
Jan 30, 2011
134
0
0
OlasDAlmighty said:
I don't know "Da da da, du da du, the aristocrats!" absolutely killed me.
That pretty much did it for me too. But I guess a lot of people don't know what that's all about. How well known is the aristocrats-joke in the Anglo-American world?
 

Trisha Lynn

New member
Jan 13, 2010
68
0
0
DVS BSTrD said:
Cow Palace? I didn't know Anita Sarkeesian lived in Olds.
*tweet* Offsides!

Gotta admit, I kinda dig how you don't even mention what the French band is. Though, I also wonder if you did mention it, and riffed on the name, but decided to leave that part out in the editing process.
 

ThunderCavalier

New member
Nov 21, 2009
1,475
0
0
So, Dubai has a lot of money, huh? How goes that cure for cancer research btw?

Also, that hat Graham was wearing would be PERFECT for Jay Leno. ... Is Jay Leno even relevant anymore?
 

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
999
0
0
Wasn't Dubai just recently bailed out from the brink of bankruptcy? It is still heavily indebited to Abu Dhabi.

Also, Kathleen was highly likeable this episode.
 

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
4,296
0
0
So it's TRUE what they say about horizontal stripes!

(.Y.) Gotta love'em!