Feed Dump: Life Begins at Braaaaains

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Life Begins at Braaaaains

Ever wonder what a cow palace is? Me neither.

Watch Video

Simon Leonhart

Jan 4, 2010
I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.

Jan 12, 2012
Simon Leonhart said:
I got the same first 3 Canadian bands that Kathleen mentioned, in that order, but yeah, wasn't going to get that French band. A friend took me to the Francofolie this year in Montreal and I'd never heard of any of the acts there. Although, I was assured that they were nationally famous.
"Nationally" meaning "Within the Independent Nation of Quebec, you filthy English swine".

OT: I'm still not clear on the whole Cow Palace thing. It's a big arena, and sometimes it's full of cows. Do they do other stuff there when it's not full of cows? Do the cows perform tricks, or race each other? How many people drink themselves into a stupor every night rather than go to the Cow Palace?

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?

And Olds sounds like a riveting place full of fun and excitement.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
It must suck to live in Dubai if you've just had Liposuction. "Why? I could have made so much money!"

Why would you hunt an unmanned drone anyway? Free pizza?

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Eleuthera said:
I was secretly expecting Nickelback to be the 4th act...
Me too. Three great bands and then I figured it'd be them. I'm kinda curious now.

And Cow Palace. I can imagine the smell. University of Manitoba houses livestock, I grew up just a few minutes from the school. The smells...

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:
Couldn't Dubai just... I dunno... raise the wages or something? Or do people there already make tons of money?
I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
Angelous Wang said:
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:
I would recommend they spend the money on their transportation/traffic system and enforcement, driving in India is like playing fatal bumper cars and that's without mentioning the elephants on the road too.

Also a pimp cowboy hat is oddly appropriate, whoring and pimping was legal back then.
Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
Eleuthera said:
Angelous Wang said:
If Ind
shrekfan246 said:

Dubai isn't in India, it's a country in the UAE
... Somehow I got Delhi and Dubai mixed up. Dyslexic fuck up deploy.

SquidVicious

Apr 20, 2011
Country
United States
They're from Quebec which does narrow it down a bit, but I don't think Canada is cool enough to put VoiVod or The Arcade Fire on a stamp so I really have no clue.

Looking it up though the band is Beau Dommage... Okay I make it an effort to know as much about the music from my country, but I can say that I have never heard of this band.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Frylock72 said:
As usual, Kathleen is a dud between Graham and the other guest. She needs someone to write her some material or something, because damn.
You should lay off the meth for a little while.

spiffleh

Jul 12, 2010
Beej is from Alberta?! Whaaaaaat? This changes.... well nothing really. Olds is well.. Olds.

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
I feel like that stinger should have been Beej saying that it was "Ploughed" into his bones. Think it would have made it that much better