Feed Dump: Nightflight to Venus

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
First off, congratulations Kathleen.

But more importantly, that hat is incredibly common. I've seen it all over the place. I suspect, statistically speaking, that some other source of news may be in possession of it.

Rakor

Mar 9, 2010
Greatest episode ever.

Hmmm, totally make the tshirt with standard skyrim dude saying war gar bal, but he's doing a water gun.

It's super effective.

Unless it's a frost dragon.

Then again dragon types in general are resistant to water.

So it would only be normally effective to a fire dragon.

But would they really be fire/dragons or dragon/flyings.

Or be like charizard and say f the dragons I'm a fire/flying.
(where's that tshirt)

Hmm.

Disco rave tangent? \(^_^)/

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I think Air Canada just wrote the script for Asylum's next movie.

It follows a pilot/ex-astronomer who tries to convince the world that Venus is getting closer to Earth. Nobody believes him, until it's too late...

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
FUS ROH.. crap, they copyrighted that. Darn.

Air Canada, our national airline.. that embarrasses the hell out of us. Between the labor issues that continue to plague the airline (And leave passengers completely screwed when they happen) and this - I am never booking with them again.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
aeric90 said:
WARH-GARH-BAHL!

New Desert Bus meme 7 months early!!!
Nope.avi. It was a meme in the last Desert Bus.

So... did anyone get Cam's inertia reference? Because I'm clueless...

As for Kathleen being correct, if you count Paul's "Butter" answer for the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" answer, then she's second. I don't know if you can rightly count that though.

Jan 12, 2012
Hitchmeister said:
First off, congratulations Kathleen.

But more importantly, that hat is incredibly common. I've seen it all over the place. I suspect, statistically speaking, that some other source of news may be in possession of it.
Then we have no choice; as loyal servants of LLR, we must seek out and destroy these 'other sources of news' to preserve the honour of Lord Graham.

Step one: Figure out how to clone dinosaurs using the new coins...

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011

This shout sprays a very fast jet of cold water out of your mouth, inflicting small amounts of frost damage and immobilizing your target for ten seconds.. Most effective on wolves and domesticated dogs.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I can't watch this video.

All I get by clicking it is a white page with the text:

Feed Dump
Nightflight to Venus
Graham Stark | 18 Apr 2012 16:00

EDIT: I could watch it today.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Lancer873 said:
aeric90 said:
WARH-GARH-BAHL!

I don't think I heard it used as a dragon shout earlier, which means as whar-gar-bbl it would actually be a new thing, well relatively new thing.

Of course whargarbbl itself isn't exactly new.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
a dinasour in full colour that has a glow in the dark skeleton on a quater?
boys! were going to canada!!! :D
btw was the coin actualy created by a 7 years old? because i wasnt sure if that part was a joke... and again this is the awsomest coin ever and i must have it!

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
Lancer873 said:
aeric90 said:
WARH-GARH-BAHL!

I don't think I heard it used as a dragon shout earlier, which means as whar-gar-bbl it would actually be a new thing, well relatively new thing.

Of course whargarbbl itself isn't exactly new.
No, "WHAR GAR BAL" was definitely a thing in Desert Bus 5. It was right after Skyrim came out so it was an obvious pool of memes. One of the rumored uses was that it caused the target to turn to the right.

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
DuelLadyS said:
So, is this dino coin legal currency, or just a comemmorative? Becuase I'm greatly amused by the idea of people spending glow in the dark dinosaurs.
Collector design on a circulation base. It sells for $30.

This is why I wanted to punch all the commentators on talk radio when this news broke. Because they all started bitching about costs, when it's clearly not a general circulation coin.

Like any of their full colour coins. It's usually a display of innovation in coin making (although not really for this one, since it's just two different kinds of paint...)

What's REALLY innovative is the micro-engraved security marks on the new $1/$2 coins.

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
dude, I just checked Ebay and some people are asking 50 or more canadian dollars for each of those dino quarters o_0

jabrwock

Sep 5, 2007
idodo35 said:
btw was the coin actualy created by a 7 years old? because i wasnt sure if that part was a joke... and again this is the awsomest coin ever and i must have it!
Probably not a joke, although I can't find any official mention in the press release.

Still, if you are a designer working on new imaging techniques and asked your child for inspiration, you know there's a good chance "Dinosaur!" came up once or twice... ;)

ewhac

Digital Spellweaver
Legacy
Escapist +
Sep 2, 2009
San Francisco Peninsula
Country
USA
Actually, I think Bethesda trademarked the phrase, which is distinct from copyright in several important ways. (And yes, I know too much about this crap for someone who isn't a lawyer.)

Amgeo

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for identifying that dinosaur on the coin. I figured it wasn't a triceratops, but I couldn't think of the actual name.

I wonder how long it will be until someone's made a gif of Cam and Kathleen disco dancing.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
And the US gets laughed at for its money.

anyway it should be noted before everyone creams themselves um... shares int he same excitement that Cam had, that these will be a limited production item selling for 29.99, and not something that everyone will be using like a regular quarter.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
I heard about that, and to clarify:

It wasn't actually the pilot that dodged Venus, it was the Co-Pilot. The Pilot was asleep, (because they are allowed power naps due to how stressful their job is) and there was another plane coming at them... the other plane was just 800 feet below them. So the co-pilot was like "It's not 800 feet below us! It's coming right for us!" because he saw a very bright light ahead of him (see: Venus) and dove suddenly. The pilot woke up, and pulled the plane back up because his co-pilot is an idiot.

Incidentally, had the Pilot NOT pulled the plane up... they would have collided with the other plane.

I also heard about the murder free day as well :D