Feed Dump: Runners, Sliders, Designers

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Runners, Sliders, Designers

Running without a gun is just taking your life into your hands, everyone knows that!

Watch Video

Malconvoker

Nov 1, 2011
I dont understand the White Castle burger thing. I dont get how they can be 'so influential' when we dont have it on the west coast. At least McDonald's, as horrid as it is, is everywhere.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
Holy shit, it's Chris Avellone...how the hell did you pull that off?

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
It's Chris goddamn Avellone! What is he doing being mildly funny with our favorite Canadians!
Get back to making cool things with games!

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Holy #!@?, I clicked on this weeks because of the Obsidian tags but my mind was not ready for what followed. How on earth did you get him on Feed Dump?

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Malconvoker said:
I dont understand the White Castle burger thing. I dont get how they can be 'so influential' when we dont have it on the west coast. At least McDonald's, as horrid as it is, is everywhere.
Yeah can you really be called influential if your burgers are square and everyone else's are still round?

Draconalis said:
Am I a bad person for not knowing who Chris is?
Not really =D But he is one of the best game designers ever, he wrote basically the entirety of Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic 2, a lot of Fallout: New Vegas and he's been working on Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numeria and Project Eternity, South Park Stick of Truth

EDIT: Totally forgot about Alpha Protocol

If you don't like PC RPGs he probably hasn't done much of note :p

mrverbal

May 23, 2008
How on earth can it be the most influential burger in the world when most countries have no whitecastle and are therefore clearly not influenced by it? I mean, surely by weight of numbers alone the big mac is more influential? (Also terrible and you should feel bad if you like it, but still more influence)

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Fun episode, cool (if random) to see Chris Avellone show up... But, what was up with the audio balance on this show? It seems like everything was coming through entirely on one side.

(Checks headphones)...Yep, I think it's you...

judgementbringer

Oct 25, 2010
Whoa! How did you guys get Chris Avellone on the show? That's awesome.
Also, how can White Castle burgers be the most influential? We don't even have White Castles here on the western half of the United States. Every town has like 4 McDonalds and 3 Burger Kings, but I've never even seen a White Castle, much less eaten at one.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
Draconalis said:
Am I a bad person for not knowing who Chris is?
he has been making really good RPGs since the late 90s, did (among other things) the amazing writing in things like planescape torment and Kotor 2. he is also one of the founders of obsidian so you can blame him for every single bug in fallout NV and alpha protocol.
it's kinda sad that people like him are not as visible as they should be.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
Callate said:
Fun episode, cool (if random) to see Chris Avellone show up... But, what was up with the audio balance on this show? It seems like everything was coming through entirely on one side.

(Checks headphones)...Yep, I think it's you...
That's my fault. I'll fix it for next week!

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Chris Avellone! :D

GUEST DUMP!

How'd you kidnap/lure him?

That credit sequence with him rocked. Now I want to play New Vegas again. XD

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Whoa its Chris Avellone, one of the greatest games designers ever. How long did it take Alex to Kidnap er convince him to join you guys this week?

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Zipa said:
Whoa its Chris Avellone, one of the greatest games designers ever. How long did it take Alex to Kidnap er convince him to join you guys this week?
It's easy - they all just prayed to the white castle burger for strength.

Also - there may be better sources for news but they don't have Chris Avellone. Because they are just not awesome enough for that.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Keep your day job, Chris.
Also I wish we had White Castle here.
Zipa said:
It's not the first time he's been on a LRR video, I'm guessing he's friends with one of the gang.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
judgementbringer said:
Whoa! How did you guys get Chris Avellone on the show? That's awesome.
Also, how can White Castle burgers be the most influential? We don't even have White Castles here on the western half of the United States. Every town has like 4 McDonalds and 3 Burger Kings, but I've never even seen a White Castle, much less eaten at one.
It's not in the South either. This deceleration is false.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Fat_Hippo said:
Holy shit, it's Chris Avellone...how the hell did you pull that off?
Well they aren't supposed to reveal this I'm afraid.

After all, what they did is a felony in 57 countries, and a misdemeanour in another five.

I think Poland still has Tarring and Feathering on the books for it come to think of it...

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
mrverbal said:
How on earth can it be the most influential burger in the world when most countries have no whitecastle and are therefore clearly not influenced by it?
It was the first fast food burger.
So I guess that counts for something