Feed Dump: Stark Dynasty

nayrbarr

Aug 11, 2010
Ah, Graham you're an adult again! Sorry, I've just come back from watching some LRR videos from between 2004 and 2008. It can as a bit of a shock that it's actually 2014 now...

God of Path said:
The slow lorises and amorphous cheese alien are in league with one another. Kraft may need help on this one...
I say we leave them to it, I'm sure that something delicious will come out of it whatever else happens.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
That hat is exceptional [http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Exceptional_Hat].

Also, if that mile marker was 419.9 repeating [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0.999...] I'd be very happy.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Did Kate record this on her way to a hen's party or nightclub? Or a hen's party at a nightclub?

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
To correctly pronounce any Danish word you must imitate the movement your tongue makes when it has been severely numbed.
No offense to any Danish people of course, I'm sure your language is rich and expressive. I myself am english and live in Sweden so I understand that whilst mocking language differences is fun we should be careful not to be insulting.

Except for people from Skåne, the words are Swedish but it sounds like Danish. Why don't they just pick one and stick to it.
Of course I'm joking. It's a wonderful part of Sweden with a beautiful landscape. Every region has its own idiosyncrasies in pronunciation.
I myself am from the southwest of England and... Hobbits and Pirates. I think I'll leave it there.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
The Gentleman said:
mrverbal said:
Imp Emissary said:
Actually, most theories point to it being a time of day, not a date [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)].
>3> Yes, I know. I was talking about the people "celebrating" "420".

<.< Though, I guess some pot heads may "celebrate" 420 every day....

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
Sad part of where I live, people will probably take that Duck Dynasty ad seriously and buy the guns, wear the bandana and start yammering about the government coming for their guns...I wish I was kidding

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Kyrdra said:
Denmark do just the same that germany has done when the EU said that german bread has to much salt: nothing

-Dragmire- said:
I love that we live in an age where you can honestly ask someone, "Do you watch tv?". You know, without it being a strange question.
Relevant XKCD:

[small]Well, at least it's going back to neutral territory based on that graph.[/small]

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
-Dragmire- said:
Kyrdra said:
Denmark do just the same that germany has done when the EU said that german bread has to much salt: nothing

-Dragmire- said:
I love that we live in an age where you can honestly ask someone, "Do you watch tv?". You know, without it being a strange question.
Relevant XKCD:

[small]Well, at least it's going back to neutral territory based on that graph.[/small]
Which in turn calls forth another XKCD comic...

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Scars Unseen said:
-Dragmire- said:
Kyrdra said:

-Dragmire- said:
Relevant XKCD:

Which in turn calls forth another XKCD comic...

Pfff, you xkcd people have an answer for everything!

[small]Honestly, that was pretty fucking funny.[/small]

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
I never understood why 4:20 was so special.

It's before 5 so that says to me that you don't have a job.
Not having a job says to me that you live off someone else, someone who probably does work, and gets off at 5.
So you get high just before the person supporting you gets back.
Shouldn't you be trying to HIDE the fact that you aren't pulling your weight? Do it at Noon or something.

Someonetookmyname

Jul 13, 2010
Dascylus said:
To correctly pronounce any Danish word you must imitate the movement your tongue makes when it has been severely numbed.
No offense to any Danish people of course, I'm sure your language is rich and expressive. I myself am english and live in Sweden so I understand that whilst mocking language differences is fun we should be careful not to be insulting.

Except for people from Skåne, the words are Swedish but it sounds like Danish. Why don't they just pick one and stick to it.
Of course I'm joking. It's a wonderful part of Sweden with a beautiful landscape. Every region has its own idiosyncrasies in pronunciation.
I myself am from the southwest of England and... Hobbits and Pirates. I think I'll leave it there.
People use to say that you should talk as if you have a potato in your mouth, when you´re speaking danish.
Though it shouldn´t be so extreme, it is basically correct. We talk alot with our throats, more deep sounds.
Anyone from my country can easily hear the difference between the I in "Killing" -Kitten, and the Y in "Kylling" -Chicken.

I'm currently in Mexico, and it is really weird for me that my family can´t hear a difference between my friends names, when i´m talking of Lene and Lone.

And to keep stereotypes going: Swedish=Drunken danish. Norwegian=Drunken danish, being sung. Finnish=What?

Ps. No offense taken. Its all in good fun.
Pps. The "G" in "kanelsnegl" is pronounced like the Y in "hey." Really convoluted way of saying things, I know, but hey english isn´t my native language, and this was easiest to explain.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm pleased that Kate is in another video, will she be in any of the streams?

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
Uhm... am I the only one who gets a franken-clip show of various Escapist series?

Or am I missing some kind of clever joke?

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Well, the EU has a point in putting some limits on danish cuisine. Have you guys ever eaten Risalamande [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risalamande]? That shit's dane-gerous (sorry). I'm suprised the human body can survive these insane amounts of cream you have in even a small bowl.
I'm speaking as someone with a (half-) dane in the family who insists on having Risalamende every christmas. And I'm speaking as a conisseur of german cuisine, which is not considered to be light.

Hindkjaer

Sep 15, 2010
CorvusFerreum said:
Well, the EU has a point in putting some limits on danish cuisine. Have you guys ever eaten Risalamande [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risalamande]? That shit's dane-gerous (sorry). I'm suprised the human body can survive these insane amounts of cream you have in even a small bowl.
I'm speaking as someone with a (half-) dane in the family who insists on having Risalamende every christmas. And I'm speaking as a conisseur of german cuisine, which is not considered to be light.

That is only a christmas treat. Like our Pickled Herring with curry sauce on rey bread. And if you don't speak danish, Kanelsnegl means Cinnamon slug, not cinnamon twist.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Hindkjaer said:
CorvusFerreum said:

That is only a christmas treat. Like our Pickled Herring with curry sauce on rey bread. And if you don't speak danish, Kanelsnegl means Cinnamon slug, not cinnamon twist.
I know it's only a christmas treat. It's insane anyway (in the all the best possible ways of course).
Kanelsnegl meaning cinamon slug actually makes much sense to me. Snegl sounds similar to the german word Schnecke (which means slug as well) and danish and german are somewhat closely related languages. Plus: In germany we have a variant of Kanelsnegl as well. We call it "Zimtschnecken", which incidently also means cinnamon slugs.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
...and Beej wins the episode with the first line he says.

Though I swear...this had to be one of the most predictable episodes to date. As soon as each item reached a certain point, I knew what sort of reference would be made. This was especially true with the Cinnamon Challenge and NES Duck Hunt references.