Feed Dump: The Mythical Thigh Boob

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Mythical Thigh Boob

There's more than one way to skin a skin salesman. Or grease a shin.

Watch Video

Jan 12, 2012
SlightlyEvil said:
Isn't the theft of grease the plot of a Simpsons episode?
It absolutely is. I know some restaurants use their grease for fuel, but I can't imagine there is a lot of profit in it.

Also, I may regret asking this, but how much skin is $350,000 worth? Are we talking a torso-worth, or an amount best represented in square decameters?

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Thunderous Cacophony said:
Also, I may regret asking this, but how much skin is $350,000 worth? Are we talking a torso-worth, or an amount best represented in square decameters?
That was my first thought as well. And...is the laboratory-grown skin worth more or less than normal skin?

Also, I'm surprised the guy wearing the Canucks jersey won. Usually anyone wearing a Canucks jersey falls over at the first hint of physical contract.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
MinionJoe said:
Used to be you could get waste grease for free from restaurants. You could then filter it (easily) and use it as biodiesel.

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/vehicles/grease-car-conversion1.htm

But now, companies are buying waste grease for recycling rather than charging restaurants to haul it away.

Thus, the theft...?
Just remember, you still need to pay fuel tax on it...because reasons. Along the same lines, my state is considering a mileage tax because too many people are buying cars that get too good mileage.

varmintx

Oct 6, 2011
Speaking of plots to TV series, you people should submit ideas to the writers of Hannibal; that skin-carpeting sounds like a wonderful one-off episode.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
If you want to make a rug out of human skin you need to stretch it. The Doctor Who team have already produced a mock-up.

I think you'd probably sell human skin grafts to mob doctors.

You could probably feed quite a few people with stolen skin and grease to cook it with. Just a thought.

I believe that "Birds of Prey" means that they train them to attack competitors at random to make the vents more eventful. By "believe", I do of course mean hope.

I always thought that Minotaur rhymed with mine o'door.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
"That's your dream?!"

I love that Graham was having the same thought I was.

Good show, all.

Also: "Hey, Theseus! It's-a me, Minotaurio!"

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Cupcake, cuuuupcakee, cupcatario, frosting.....I want frosting too!
On the plus side, at least the skin was artificially grown, and you know, not cut from the backs of chubby girls slowly starved in a well to make the skin more pliable.

Meximagician

Elite Member
Apr 5, 2014
Country
United States
One day you see a shylock to pay for skin graft salesman school, next thing you know, you're literally trying to pay them back in pounds of flesh.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
A human rug would be nice if it only matched the rest of your decor [http://emcarroll.com/comics/skin/partfour.html].

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
When I saw "mystical thigh boob," I immediately thought of the Japanese concept of "zettai ryouiki." Damn "Outbreak Company" for adding to my geek knowledge, haha!

Incidentally, the concept of boobs on one's leg hold about as much appeal as Duke Nukem's wall boobs....BLARRGGHHH!!!!

On the other hand, I am totally accepting of alien women who have two pairs of tits (extraneous musings of certain Star Wars, Star Trek, and Mass Effect races). Not a fan of the tri-boob from Total Recall, however. Not enough symmetry I guess.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well, you may need a skin graft to replace your shin skin after the olympics, and your going to need that grease fuel to get there. so it all works out.

Schadrach said:
Just remember, you still need to pay fuel tax on it...because reasons.
you need to pay fuel tax because grease fuel is still as bad for the enviroment as regular diesel and the tax was invented to lower the amount of envirment inpact by discouraging people form using cars. so yes, there is actual, good, reasons for it.

PoorCollegeLad

Feb 23, 2010
Talking about the Cotswold Olimpicks and you didn't mention dwile flonking? Yes, it's called DWILE FLONKING. That's gold! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwile_flonking

AdagioBoognish

Member?
Nov 5, 2013
Remus said:
Cupcake, cuuuupcakee, cupcatario, frosting.....I want frosting too!
On the plus side, at least the skin was artificially grown, and you know, not cut from the backs of chubby girls slowly starved in a well to make the skin more pliable.
Oh thank god! I was scrolling through the comments and was astounded no one made that reference yet.

The Random One said:
A human rug would be nice if it only matched the rest of your decor [http://emcarroll.com/comics/skin/partfour.html].
Wow, what an awesome comic! I love short horror stories. It seems that less detail in the writing encourages my imagination and gets me pretty creeped out.