Feed Dump: The Resistor

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
The Resistor

It's not his fault that the police cars were so crushable.

Watch Video

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Time to get a camera,a trademark for "You just got ROB'bed!" and a dude named Rob.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Being from Vermont, I sent that story into WTFIWWY. Nice to see it here, though. Dude only destroyed half of the fleet of police cars. He probably MEANT to get the rest, for an easy escape, but you know stoners.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
To quote Cyan: "What a jaunty hat!"

Two things. ONE: Is that a t-shirt with the TARDIS transforming into a robot? I think we may have found the geekiest thing in existance. TWO: I refuse to believe a guy arrested for marijuana is going to be angry at ANYTHING. You know how mellow some pot smokers get.

CAPTCHA: FARMERS describe this brand with any word(s)

So many things I could say here...all using words that could get me shot by the FCC...

Going with "second most annoying commercials in the world" to see what happens.

Mysten

Sep 28, 2008
Damn, I was holding out for a "badgers shall eat bok-choy!" for the entire episode after the "covered in bees!"

Jan 12, 2012
Wait, the jokes are staged? I thought I saw a Loading Time where they said they just made things up as they went along. My world has been shattered! How could you betray me like this, Graham?! What has the tiny hat done to you!?!
DVS BSTrD said:
You guys really had a field day with those tractor puns didn't you?
Maybe he just misheard and thought they were actually cropcars.
They forgot to mention that he had a legitimate reason to be angry; that marijuana had been planted on him. Still, crushing those cars was over the line, and I'm glad he got arrested. It makes me happy to know that people still reap what they sow.

Namechangeday

Aug 13, 2012
Those hats look awesome!
I imagine that the people who got robed were thinking "Yay, I'm gonna be on TV!" before realizing they got robbed.
Also, the tractor escape would have made a great action movie.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
While Matt was awesome as usual in this video, he should leave being the cop to James. :p

Thunderous Cacophony said:
Wait, the jokes are staged? I thought I saw a Loading Time where they said they just made things up as they went along. My world has been shattered! How could you betray me like this, Graham?! What has the tiny hat done to you!?!
I'm guessing most of it was like that, but in this case Graham probably thought of the joke, told it to them who then agreed it was funny enough to do. Least I'm hoping anyway.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
The jokes are a improvised/staged hybrid.

Loading Time: Inside Feed Dump [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/loading-time/9708-Inside-Feed-Dump]

Graham explains the 'writing process' at 2:36. Basically they will do a cold take of the jokes of the top of their head, and if they don't feel like it works they'll throw around some ideas for improvements and take it again. I think it's mostly improvised.

Square1

Oct 12, 2010
More editorial inserts from Kathleen please! That was pure joy. She is like a capricious goddess, watching mortals for her amusement and punishing Matt's hubris. :D

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
That robbery thing would probably work, and with a good lawyer I'm pretty sure you could get away with it. Let's hope someone actually does it!

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Dude only destroyed half of the fleet of police cars. He probably MEANT to get the rest, for an easy escape, but you know stoners.
True. The article I read said that was all the cars available at the station. Presumably the other half were out being police.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
Graham_LRR said:
True. The article I read said that was all the cars available at the station. Presumably the other half were out being police.
Out being Police?

American police departments are hiring transformers now?