Feed Dump: Things Get Weird with Andy

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
Things Get Weird with Andy

Andy and Alex debate what exactly goes into a 'rob job', how you pronounce 'dachshund' and just how far they can derail an episode.

Watch Video

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
I'm sure that there are a great many political jokes that could be made about the relative success and validity of being a professional robber!

And I agree with Andy; there's nothing funny about needing to clean up spilled oil. Even if it was used as a Home Alone-style trap/distraction to cause pursuers to slip over themselves and fall as they were giving chase to the guy who ran away.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Andy and Alex are by far my favourite combination of guest dumpers.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
So if Guy Fuck is pronounced Guy Fawkes.....oh snap! He looked like this, didn't he?

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
My ex's last name was changed Fuchs, which is German, changed to Fox.

So I don't see Fuck being changed from the German Fuch being legit..

Wow, it let me put that word in through the censors? I feel kinda... dirty...

Hodo Astartes

Jun 22, 2014
Er, no. German for fox is "Fuchs" and I can't for the life of me find any indication anyone ever used a 'ck' in there or any indication that any early form of the language ever used an 'i' sound at the end.

On the other hand, the last name "Fick" is actually around and means precisely fuck because it stems from the same root word meaning "to stab" and originally probably referred to the proud business of testing swords.

Then again, the German immigrants to Brazil may have been subject to serious compatibility issues with the Portuguese-speaking authorities struggling to make sense of their last names, warping them significantly over generations.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Damn, I really like Andy and Alex, but... "and just how far they can derail an episode.", that's true.
Somehow didn't crack a smile even once this week.

Well, at least that hat was cool.

shadowxvii

Jan 9, 2013
the7ofswords said:
What the heck is a dash hound, anyway? ^_^
I though they said "dash hound" at first, but then I looked up Teckel (the dog in the story is one) on Wikipedia and turns out ... well ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund

the7ofswords

Apr 9, 2009
shadowxvii said:
the7ofswords said:
I though they said "dash hound" at first, but then I looked up Teckel (the dog in the story is one) on Wikipedia and turns out ... well ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachshund
Yeah, I knew what she meant (hence the ^_^ smiley), I just find it funny that she, like so many English-speakers (particularly in North America), have such a difficult time with the pronunciation.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
Great Feed Dump. :) Glad it's going to continue even though LRR is leaving the Escapist.

Conan_Edogawa

Apr 14, 2009
the7ofswords said:
shadowxvii said:
the7ofswords said:
Yeah, I knew what she meant (hence the ^_^ smiley), I just find it funny that she, like so many English-speakers (particularly in North America), have such a difficult time with the pronunciation.
I'm an English speaker from North America, and this is surprisingly the first time I've ever heard dachshund not pronounced like "docks-hoond" with the oo in there meant to be pronounced like book.

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
Conan_Edogawa said:
Evil Smurf said:
Andy is a gift. Also LRR are leaving? So not fetch.
wait, what's this about them leaving?
read this blog post.
http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2015/03/25/leaving-the-escapist/
Wai-wha-NOOO!

I'm sad now :(

Like, really fucking sad.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
T8B95 said:
Eric the Orange said:
Conan_Edogawa said:
Evil Smurf said:
Andy is a gift. Also LRR are leaving? So not fetch.
wait, what's this about them leaving?
read this blog post.
http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/2015/03/25/leaving-the-escapist/
Wai-wha-NOOO!

I'm sad now :(

Like, really fucking sad.
It's cool bro they're still around and will be doing everything they have before sans Unskippable. And honestly with the Patrion Mystery box they may do an unskippable esque thing in the future. And hey they do like 40 hours a week of streaming video games anyways.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
in the first story it looks like somone played too many NES games where oil spills was normal thing.

and yeah looks like i need to be catching up on your other shows now.