FEMALE gamers VS MALE gamers

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
Did both and my results for the first one didn't surprise me because I knew things about myself given my autism. As for the second one I can only hope you find my answers useful.
Real Autism or the pussy version?
Asperger's syndrome and as far as I know there is no pussy version.
You can talk and write alright?

No offense dude but real autist are not able to do this, are locked in strange behaviour, and i even heard of a case of an autistic person being run over by a car because he didnt realise the danger.

So yeah, i do not think you are full-handicapped like an autist, maybe you have other serious problems in life, but not autism
I know autism and I know asperger's syndrome falls into the category of autism. Yeah I can read, write, and talk but I am at a very real social handicap that has resulted in me at one point being put in a mental hospital for 3 days back when I was 16. I know about Autism because not only do I have it but I am a member of the autism society of North Carolina.

I3uster

Nov 16, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
Did both and my results for the first one didn't surprise me because I knew things about myself given my autism. As for the second one I can only hope you find my answers useful.

No offense dude but real autist are not able to do this, are locked in strange behaviour, and i even heard of a case of an autistic person being run over by a car because he didnt realise the danger.

So yeah, i do not think you are full-handicapped like an autist, maybe you have other serious problems in life, but not autism
I know autism and I know asperger's syndrome falls into the category of autism. Yeah I can read, write, and talk but I am at a very real social handicap that has resulted in me at one point being put in a mental hospital for 3 days back when I was 16. I know about Autism because not only do I have it but I am a member of the autism society of North Carolina.
Then please declare it as Asperger Syndrome, i know the two are related, but Autsim is far heavier and FAR more challenging for families

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Theory first, improviser second, catalyst third and stabilizer fourth.
I did the second test too, and gave long and thought-out responses.
Hope I helped. ;)

poet_lawreate

Mar 3, 2009
Crazie_Guy said:
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
where are all these girl gamers? :S
Beats me

They certainly don't live around here :(
I'm sure they do, you're just not looking for us right. There are probably some of us where you are right now, the hive mind is telling me so. Some of them even have breasts.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:

Then please declare it as Asperger Syndrome, i know the two are related, but Autsim is far heavier and FAR more challenging for families
I see where I made a mistake. Saying something more general then what I meant.

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
gRiM_rEaPeRsco said:
where are all these girl gamers? :S
dude. You should move to where I live. I mean it's hard to not meet girl gamers =P

Also I took the test. And I got Stabilizer, and five on all of the others. I see that no one else got stabilizer. Does that make me a bad gamer?

Also Hoped you got what you were hoping for. You probaly don't need any more male participating. And hopefully you'll post your conclusions on the escapist =D

I3uster

Nov 16, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:
I3uster said:
Xan Krieger said:

I see where I made a mistake. Saying something more general then what I meant.
Sorry for me being rude, but there are people out there abusing the term just to cover their own insecurities, since you REALLY have the condition i guess you are fed up with those guys too.

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
Done...dont remember what I was though lol *lazy*

For the record I'm a female gamer. I do exist, I do, I do, I do, I do...

^_^

Makon

Jul 9, 2008
I got Catalyst on the first one, hope the results were satisfactory.

gamingbruin

Mar 8, 2009
holy CRAP there are a lot of responses! :)

I might have to close the survey soon if my survey software starts to get overloaded. It's actually not displaying the last 70 responses correctly because I've had too many responses hahaha.

First of all, I just want to thank you guys oh so very much for taking precious time out of your day just to take my surveys. Thank you thank you thank you.
*virtual ice cream!*

I've gotten near 200 responses, which is fabulous, but as you can imagine, sorting through and analyzing the data will be quite the beast. (Most of it is qualitative data...sigh.)
And no, I did not just base my responses from here - I posted in other forums as well. :)

As for the people asking about posting my results - my final research project is due in 1.5 weeks, and I'll try to post whatever I can back here.
Sorry if the temperament survey was confusing - my professor wrote it, so I can't really answer many questions about it. If you'd like to learn more about your temperament, click here >> http://www.interstrength.com/curriculum/temperament.html
The descriptions there may be more helpful.

Right now, I'm not completely sure what I'm going to do with the data. I originally wanted to see if there was a certain dominating temperament in gamers overall, and maybe compare it between female and male gamers (is there a certain trend? etc.).
I also had a particular interested in the memes and their diffusion. The particular memes I'm interested in are the ones about female gamers (duh.), hence the open-ended questions.

I'll be able to say more about my research project later, but I just wanted to take the time to come back and thank you all so much for helping me out.

Thanks for the great feedback, and game on. :)

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Done.
I'm Skittles by the way.
I was eating skittles so it was the first word that popped into my head.
Hope it helped.

Musicfreak

Jan 23, 2009
Hmm apparently I'm a catalyst first and a improviser second. That kind of makes sense.

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
I tried to take "Keys 2 Cognition", and couldn't do it. It was depressing. I've never failed at a survey before. The questions just didn't have applicable answers. I'll show you what I mean.

2. How do you prefer to learn new material?

activities to put it to use and learn by doing
discussion and interaction to make it my own
lecture and questioning to understand the logic
structured practice to apply it and improve

None of those are right, I can understand things thru any of them, but if I want to learn something and retain it, the key is repetition. To watch AND do something over and over. Why isn't that an option?

space_oddity

Oct 24, 2008
poet_lawreate said:
I have boobs, so this is relevent to my interests. I will take your surveys.
Having boobs doesn't make you a woman, it makes you the average gamer.
Sadly.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I will take your quiz, but in an all out hand to hand combat war, Men would win, simply because of numbers.

searanox

Sep 22, 2008
I responded. I assume I wrote much too much. Sorry if your spreadsheet explodes.