Female gamers

gustcq

Mar 26, 2009
I wish my g/f was a gamer, that wd been so cool! unfortunately she aint. Have a lot of female gamer freinds though

DM.

Mar 27, 2009
Theres only one place i havent seen that many girl games to be honest. and thats in crysis.

cas

Mar 27, 2009
I think theres more girls playing games these days cause there are more games that are designed for everyone, like guitar hero, wii games, that sort of thing.

cthulhuween

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah my fiance plays games and she also DM's roleplaying games. That's how we got together actually. Ever since she started playing Fallout 3 she hasn't done anything but that and go to work. It's awesome.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
cthulhuween said:
Yeah my fiance plays games and she also DM's roleplaying games. That's how we got together actually. Ever since she started playing Fallout 3 she hasn't done anything but that and go to work. It's awesome.
So what about YOU then?

LackingSaint

Apr 23, 2008
Personally i've only ever met a female gamer on 'true' games like TF2 and COD4 a couple times, and both times they were playing with a husband/boyfriend. Even at school, it seems that gaming is just something that girls usually seem to rank with LARPing and watching kid's shows.

Serenegoose

Faerie girl in hiding
Mar 17, 2009
I've been a gamer my whole life. Had an amiga and a ZX81. Moved on from platformers the moment I even HEARD about RTS and FPS games. Always loved my RPGs though. :) Wouldn't mind seeing an end to the myth that all girls want to play are shallow little games like guitar hero. Sure they're fun but I'd rather HL2 any day of the week.

Uilleand

Mar 20, 2009
Obtusifolius said:
I'm not massively into shooters, with the exception of Bioshock, which has rpg elements anyway. Also battlefront 2 actually, which I have every medal up to legendary except the demolition one. And Republic Commando I loved - the characters are great. I haven't really given COD or GOW a chance because they just look so boring; but I guess any game can be interesting if you take the time to get into it.

I love rpgs though, which is probably quite common with girl gamers - Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic get me all misty-eyed whenever I so much as think about them. Just bought the strategy guide just so that when i can't be PLAYING mass effect i can at least be READING about it. And i have completed it, and am part-way through hardcore, for anyone who suspects that I am so useless that I had to buy the bloody guide.

Some chaps don't think it's such a blessing having a gaming girlfriend - my boyfriend gets no attention from me whatsoever when i'm mass-effecting, and also no help with things like washing up, making dinner, etc. On the other hand though, he occasionally uses my help playing GoW, since he is so UNBELIEVABLY USELESS that he cannot even survive a mission on the easy setting.
I also get a little verklempt over various BioWare offerings. *nods* (I may or may not have finished Mass Effect a dozen times or so...)

I'm the only gamer in our household. The husband won't even look at a video game. LOL. So, I have my own cozy little room with the Wii, XBox, XBox360 and 43" plasma screen of goodness...(My two PCs have a room of their own....y'know...for privacy...)
While I am, first and foremost, an RPG fan and own dozens of them, I have Halo3, Stranglehold, Assasin's Creed, BioShock, Spore, etc. etc. etc...

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Are we really that rare? I don't think so, mind you we might be more spread out. I'm a girl gamer, not picky about what I play as long as I can get into it (lately it's been BioShock and a retread of the POP trilogy for kicks).

Maybe girls don't advertise their gamer status as much as guys? I dunno...I mentored a friend of mine through Metroid Prime and joked he needed a 'woman's intuintion' to make it safely through the game.

But seriously, it's not that big of a deal, if you're online or something and you can't tell someone is a girl right away, why do you freak out afterwards? Does it really matter? Are you big burly gamer guys afraid we might displace you in the rankings or something? Don't be embarrassed to be beaten by a girl, it's just nature's way...XD

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
wooo! female gamer XD
i like Rockband aswell, and im pretty good at lifestyle games like harvest moon, but mostly i like to watch my cousin or brother play

cthulhuween

Mar 26, 2009
Assassinator said:
cthulhuween said:
So what about YOU then?
Well I do post on a website devoted to video games and other general geekdom. So yes I'm a big gamer.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
cthulhuween said:
Assassinator said:
cthulhuween said:
So what about YOU then?
Well I do post on a website devoted to video games and other general geekdom. So yes I'm a big gamer.
I actually ment: so where are you in this relationship :p As in, seems that there isn't much time for some quality time together.

Whippo

Mar 27, 2009
I am one of many female gamers that play DDO on the ghallanda server. There are quite a few in my guild alone, and plenty on the rest of the server. The majority of female players I have come across are great, they play just as well, if not better than half the men, they are a good laugh and are competent with all their characters when questing. However there are the odd few who drive me up the wall, you know the pathetic ones who basically keep talking about their boobs so they get handouts from sad lonely males who play games. I've seen them on every game I've played, and boy do I just wanna smack em! We all have boobs..LOL!

Actually I lead my guild as well, and there are at least 2 other female guild leaders I know of on the server.. yay for gaming girls!

cthulhuween

Mar 26, 2009
Assassinator said:
cthulhuween said:
Assassinator said:
cthulhuween said:
So what about YOU then?
I actually ment: so where are you in this relationship :p As in, seems that there isn't much time for some quality time together.
Oh...right. Sorry. Yeah well we role play together, and I beat Fallout before her so I actually just sit and watch her play and give her tips occasionally. I'ts actually fun. Thanks for asking though.