Female Gamers?

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
*Looks up from playing Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days*

Yes, I suppose I'm here too. Although most would rather I not be.

Broken Boy

Apr 10, 2010
Eric Huntinton said:
your actually making the thread for this? Of course there are other girls who play games duh
I just could not let this go sorry mightylittleone I am not trying to speak for you BUT. Where do you get off being insulting to a new member that might be just looking for other gamers that she can relate to or maybe some friends. I wouldn't expect you to know that some gamer girls relate better with other girls. So imo why don't you go find a thread where you can speak intelligently. Perhaps on something you know about instead of displaying your ignorance of the current subject just to raise how many posts you have.

Once again sorry mightylittleone.

Nov 18, 2010
Justin Tarrant said:
You know. The subject of female gamers always reminds me of this vid. (Extra Credits before the Escapist hired them.)
I personally can not find any female gamers in my life.
Nice video. Made me glad that my brother and I casually drew our sister and many of our female cousins to the joys of video games. In fact, not 2 years after starting my little sister on playing a bit of Rock Band, she can play expert drums like she's been at it for many years and can even hold her own in a ton of FPS online matches, just to name a couple different types of games.

As for your other comment, ya, I can't seem to find any others (outside of family) as well. I mean, I'm at college, I was expecting to meet a really diverse group of people, but I can't seem to find any women who play video games to save my life. If any of the girls I met here are gamers, they really know how to hide it.

velcrokidneyz

Sep 28, 2010
MercurySteam said:
From looking at your gamertag and Steam account you haven't actually played that many games, but I won't make any premature assumptions as I don't know the full story. In my experience, any female that can actually finish a game is worthy of praise.
Im her boyfriend:p she plays a lot of games, she plays on my comp and on console a lot:D shes a gamer

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Vault101 said:
lacktheknack said:
Tits or GTFO.

There's a few on this site. Janat Urlich, Ayaline and Vanitygirl pop to mind.
Tits or get the fuck out...what does that mean? I mean in context?
It's a rude way of expressing that you wish to see breasts, but have no other use for a girl.

It's also stereotypical for male gamers to say that. Which is why I did and then crossed it out. :p

Manicotti

Apr 10, 2009
I can't tell whether it's naivete, irony, or boredom that propels the OP.

also, let's cut this off on the first page.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Tits or GTFO.

Well, Okay. Since you asked...

What did you THINK it would be? Honestly.

I always thought that saying that was more a... b-tard thing.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Chibz said:
lacktheknack said:
Tits or GTFO.

Well, Okay. Since you asked...

What did you THINK it would be? Honestly.

I always thought that saying that was more a... b-tard thing.

It is a /b/tard thing, but my experiences in chat lobbies in multi-player games have been... infuriating. I can see why many girls pretend to be guys.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
mightylittleone said:
my god, i was just tryin to reach out and be friendly.

Dont get ur panties in a twist.
It's nothing personal (I hope, if someone can hate someone over 3 posts, that's a whole new issue), we get a lot of repeat topics, and ones about female gamers are high on the list.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
OMG, didn't you hear what the Escapists do with girl gamers?!
Didn't you ever stop to consider why there are so very few around and why there are so many "girl gamer soup" recipes posted??

Get out, get out while you can!!

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
lacktheknack said:
It is a /b/tard thing, but my experiences in chat lobbies in multi-player games have been... infuriating. I can see why many girls pretend to be guys.
Personally, most women I know that play video games either...

A) Play Pokemon/Mario Kart DS/etc. Pokemon where I live has a thriving competitive scene.

B) Pretend to be men.

And in most company, they don't ever admit to being a gamer. It's a real shame to see people deny a form of media that brings them so much enjoyment.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Haha, 'female gamers'. I thought we'd dismissed them as a myth long ago :p

Jokes. Welcome to the Escapist :) Our community might seem a little weird, but we're generally a good bunch. With the exception of those dickheads who scream first on every single video...

On topic though, I know a lot of girls that play the sims and the like, but very few that experiment in other genres such as shooters or strategy games.

/edit
Actually, I take that back. Go have a look around on the Bioware forums, and you'll find extraordinary numbers of female gamers. They're not such a minority as you might think.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
mightylittleone said:
I am a female gamer. i play ALOT of games. Are there any others out there?
better question: when will we see the end of these threads? i am a female gamer, i've been playing since the days of mario kart on the N64 and there are no signs of stopping. about 40 percent of gamers are women, you're sure to come across several wherever you go.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
I swear we did this already...

But yes, I have boobs.
And my life has a center around my computer, Mythbusters and my 360.

I find it's harder to find you people in real life....

EDIT: Actually, thinking it over...it's harder to find a dude I could bond with over my geeky nature in real life that won't immediately say TITS OR GTFO.

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
I'm Not a GRRRRRRRRRRRRL gamer meaning I use my gender during or after gaming as a way to take advantage or Humiliate my Oponent. I'm a Gamer... who happens to have a vagina.

JezebelinHell

Dec 9, 2010
Actually, I think they have gone easy on you for this post considering the bashing that has been handed out in recent "girl gamer" topics. At least one thread was even deleted it was so bad. I think if you were male you would have been bludgeoned.

Using the search bar is greatly appreciated here to avoid often repeated threads. Also, simply spending some time lurking before posting would give you a lot of insight to the users here as a whole (example from today: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.268953-What-is-YOUR-ethnicity-gender). I think you can safely assume (in this case) that a girl posting on the site at least enjoys gaming to some degree. A review of their posts would give you more details about individuals. We all prefer to be judged as individuals even if we happen to be female.

I tend to think lurking and use of the search bar to be a basic Internet courtesy that is often overlooked.

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
your not rare. despite common misconception, 42% of gamers are girls.