Female Gamers?

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Tankichi said:
OT: What if we don't consider gender to be a birth choice?
You know, I'm not sure which, given the choice, I'd go for. I'm not sure what would be worse, growing up as a nerdy guy or having to fend off the unwanted attention of nerdy guys just because I played games.

Phototoxin

Mar 11, 2009
Vault101 said:
yep

I have two x chromozomes (I think, biology is a little rusty) and I play alot of games as well, in fact was quite surprised at the amount of females playing left 4 dead
You could have XXY like klienfelters syndrome...you'd be a man with boobs and probably sterile.

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
I'm a girl gamer and a former Gamestop employee. Prepare to ignore 75% of what gamer guys say to you if you want to stay involved in this hobby at all.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
Hello,

Why not join the girl gamer group?

I am sure that you can meet lots of like minded people there

Yureina

Who are you?
May 6, 2010
mightylittleone said:
I am a female gamer. i play ALOT of games. Are there any others out there?
*waves* You called? :3

Edit: And... wow this thread is nasty. Overposted topic or not, this isn't a very good way to greet a newcomer to this forums. Shame shame shame! :/

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
MasochisticMuse said:
OP, there's tons of us out there. If you don't know this already, I assume you're fairly new to online gaming communities (and thus why you don't know that "female gamer" threads are pretty cliche and played out), so anyway, welcome. May I just say that you've picked a lovely forum to join, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

MercurySteam said:
In my experience, any female that can actually finish a game is worthy of praise.
...That's not exactly a huge accomplishment.
Not to insult any of them, but we're talking about a group of people that (most of the time) partake in games for causal gamers or play games that even the average gamer would take awhile to finish (Dragon Age, Spore, The Sims, etc). Way I see it we should praise them for going the distance when most who start off lose interest halfway through.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
velcrokidneyz said:
MercurySteam said:
From looking at your gamertag and Steam account you haven't actually played that many games, but I won't make any premature assumptions as I don't know the full story. In my experience, any female that can actually finish a game is worthy of praise.
Im her boyfriend:p she plays a lot of games, she plays on my comp and on console a lot:D shes a gamer
Uh, I guess I'll take your word for it.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
This again?
I know how this is going to turn out... somebody's gonna make a response thread and-
Oh wait.
They already did!
That's funny!

Nanaki316

Oct 23, 2009
Why do we get so much threads about female gamers? Are we not supposed to enjoy video games or something?
Well yes I'm female and a complete geek.
I've been playing WoW for 4 years and run a successful casual raiding guild.
You won't find a bigger Final Fantasy nerd.
I'm a pretty big Sims addict.
I love RPG's in general and enjoy some FPS's like COD and Halo.
I could play just about any sort of game.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
blue heartless said:
I converted my wife by convincing her to download Steam. I've gifted a few games to her and she's so dang addicted.

She loves playing TF2 with me. Her favorite class is the Heavy. It's so dang cute!
This is success in a nutshe... wait.
Are you fucking serious?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

EDIT: *ahem*

That's success in a nutshell. More of this and that Extra Credits video will probably get its way. ^^

And I suppose it already is. Female gamers are flooding into the industry.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
PoisonUnagi said:
blue heartless said:
I converted my wife by convincing her to download Steam. I've gifted a few games to her and she's so dang addicted.

She loves playing TF2 with me. Her favorite class is the Heavy. It's so dang cute!
This is success in a nutshe... wait.
Are you fucking serious?

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS
I love how appropriate the message beside it is.

witness51

Oct 17, 2010
Sober Thal said:
By the way, alot is not a word, not the word you think it is anyway.
Could you be referring to this? http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
bluepilot said:
Hello,

Why not join the girl gamer group?

I am sure that you can meet lots of like minded people there
There's a group?! Oo

Seriously, where are you people in RL? >.>

It would be great for my self-esteem to meet one of y'all instead of telling people my hobby instead of getting the "Aww, so cute" chuckle from guys or the awkward stare/change of topic from the girls.

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
Kathinka said:
can't believe no one has posted this yet:

welcome to the escapist^^
Oddly enough, I never encountered that sort of gamer girl when I worked at Gamestop. Did get a lot of angry frat guys, though.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
MercurySteam said:
MasochisticMuse said:
OP, there's tons of us out there. If you don't know this already, I assume you're fairly new to online gaming communities (and thus why you don't know that "female gamer" threads are pretty cliche and played out), so anyway, welcome. May I just say that you've picked a lovely forum to join, and I hope you find what you're looking for here.

MercurySteam said:
In my experience, any female that can actually finish a game is worthy of praise.
...That's not exactly a huge accomplishment.
Not to insult any of them, but we're talking about a group of people that (most of the time) partake in games for causal gamers or play games that even the average gamer would take awhile to finish (Dragon Age, Spore, The Sims, etc). Way I see it we should praise them for going the distance when most who start off lose interest halfway through.
the list of games Ive finished is too big to acuratley remeber off the top of my head

my current backlog:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of chenobyl
Fallout new vegas
Darksiders
Left 4 dead

I guess I dont fit your description bcause I had the Bizare Crazy obsession passion since I first saw the older kids playing a SNES, only now do I really have the means to play alot of games

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Cyclone of Mystery said:
Kathinka said:
can't believe no one has posted this yet:

welcome to the escapist^^
Oddly enough, I never encountered that sort of gamer girl when I worked at Gamestop. Did get a lot of angry frat guys, though.
it's an really over-the-top thing anyway, allthough someone funny. and the basic statement remains valid: many, maaaany of the female gamers will go out of their way to advertise their gender in order to get attention. and it can get very annoying.