Female Gamers?

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
this isnt my name said:
I am a guy. but I am going to give you advice, NEVER LET PEOPLE KNOW YO ARE A GIRL ON XBL.
I assume PSN/Steam is much like live with sexism, and creepiness.
Hell, judging by the reaction and troll thread here, she probably would've been better off not saying anything/ignoring 75% of the responses from gamer guys.

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
Kathinka said:
it's an really over-the-top thing anyway, allthough someone funny. and the basic statement remains valid: many, maaaany of the female gamers will go out of their way to advertise their gender in order to get attention. and it can get very annoying.
Huh. I haven't seen very much of that myself. Usually they just came into the store, shyly asked for a game/struggled to find it themselves and then bought it and left.

If it was so common, you'd think I'd see more of it.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
this isnt my name said:
I am a guy. but I am going to give you advice, NEVER LET PEOPLE KNOW YO ARE A GIRL ON XBL.
well I havnt played online through steam much

But as I said before Im surprised at the amount of girls on Left 4 dead and Ive never gotten abuse thats gender related (yet) that said yeah Im sure theres plenty of sexism there

Now I wanna go on XBL just to see how bad it really is

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
You know whats crushing? A hot girl says shes a gamer, you play a game with her and she sucks. Lying doesn't win people.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Cyclone of Mystery said:
Kathinka said:
it's an really over-the-top thing anyway, allthough someone funny. and the basic statement remains valid: many, maaaany of the female gamers will go out of their way to advertise their gender in order to get attention. and it can get very annoying.
Huh. I haven't seen very much of that myself. Usually they just came into the store, shyly asked for a game/struggled to find it themselves and then bought it and left.

If it was so common, you'd think I'd see more of it.
one could see this very thread as a symptome of that behavior, for example. that's why so many escapists react so cranky about it. (not that it warrants trolling, but most people just get annoyed by that kind of mindset i guess)

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
Vault101 said:
this isnt my name said:
well I havnt played online through steam much

But as I said before Im surprised at the amount of girls on Left 4 dead and Ive never gotten abuse thats gender related (yet) that said yeah Im sure theres plenty of sexism there

Now I wanna go on XBL just to see how bad it really is
For the love of God, avoid Call of Duty at all costs. Halo has less idiots than Call of Duty.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Well of course there's more girl gamers out there, it's a big world, welcome to the escapist by the way.

Just don't try and pull the "token girl" card, there's more than a few girls here already... :p

Otherwise, if you read any of my posts you may soon come to know of me as the darkly humerous, or downright psychotic, morose, jaded hateful ass that I am. but hell, can't change what I am at this point, just laugh at me or with me or ignore me entirely and you'll be fine!

Cheers!

Cyclone of Mystery

Mar 21, 2008
this isnt my name said:
Are you saying the OP is a troll or that some of the people in this thread are being a bit too harsh becuase there are apparently lots of threads like this ? (allthough I havent seen them)
That some of the people in this thread are being too harsh towards someone who may well have wanted to connect with other female gamers. Doubt she'll get involved in the community now, though.

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
Super Toast said:
Big deal. Being female and playing games does not make you special.
This man speaks the truth. Whenever I see a thread like this I get paranoid and think I've gone back in time to 1987...

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
I kept making dirty jokes towards some random player, and then they outed as a girl and I kept making dirty jokes.
Only her boyfriend wasn't too happy.

okogamashii

Mar 15, 2009
What we carry in our pants (or shirts) doesn't make us special. Gamers are gamers, be they female or male, so let's just enjoy our games.

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
CleverCover said:
bluepilot said:
Hello,

Why not join the girl gamer group?

I am sure that you can meet lots of like minded people there
There's a group?! Oo

Seriously, where are you people in RL? >.>

It would be great for my self-esteem to meet one of y'all instead of telling people my hobby instead of getting the "Aww, so cute" chuckle from guys or the awkward stare/change of topic from the girls.
Sure, go to the top of the page, to the blue bar at the top. Click on the button which says "community" and underneath this will appear "user groups". In this section search for "gamer girls"

This website takes a bit of getting used to navigation wise. I have been a member for over a year and still do not know where everything is.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Yureina said:
*waves* You called? :3

Edit: And... wow this thread is nasty. Overposted topic or not, this isn't a very good way to greet a newcomer to this forums. Shame shame shame! :/
It's actually a little sad when I'm one of the ... less sociopathic and jerk-like people in a thread.

Come on guys, I set the floor level for kind behaviour. I'm pretty sure you could step over this bar.

So... Want to talk about Disgaea 2 with me? Nobody wants to...