Fetishes you don't like/understand and why.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
The title is fairly clear. Only instead of focusing on the legal areas of certain fetishes as I know many of you are wont to do, I'd like you to delve into real reasons why certain fetishes just escape your understanding and why you might not like them.

No, this isn't a thread about pedophelia before people start reaching for the nearest weapon. There are simply a lot of fetishes out there that confuse me and I just don't understand them. I was wondering if anyone had fetishes that they thought of the same way and if they had put any thought into other than, "It's just not my thing."

Personally, I've never understood any fetish that you couldn't possibly realistically go through with. Like vore and things of that nature. I suppose you could to a degree, but not to the point of satisfying the fetish. Tentacles also confuse me, as do rape fantasies. The rape fantasy confuses me simply because of the paradoxical nature of it.

So yes, share your thoughts, feelings, and stories my fellow Escapists. I say stories because I'm sure that some of us are bound to have had someone we've dated/known have some odd fetish that we just couldn't grasp. Also, try to keep in mind the rules of the forum and keep your details vague in areas where you think that they might be too graphic. Thank you.

Captcha: inknote vol

EDIT: For those of you mentioning, or thinking of mentioning scat, if you follow Frued's theories about things like that, you can become "fixated" on them and tend to derrive some sort of pleasure/comfort in it. That's also where the term "anal retentive" (meaning to retain the waste, where someone wouldn't do it for various fears, more commonly used in different ways now) and the much less common "anal expulsive" which is more or less the opposite of the former.

And disclaimer, no I'm not into scat, it's just a theory. XD

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
I recently learned about vore: the fetish of being eaten. Like, yourself. Being eaten. By another. I believe myself to be open to quite a few things, but that's a bit far for me.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Vore and scat. Those make me so repulsed and confused to why anyone would like it

Furry I understand to a degree, but still don't understand in part, so I would have to say that as well.

EDIT: Oh, stories as well. I once stated that I thought furry was a weird fetish, and that I was confused why anyone could like it. Then, I got about 20 responses accusing me of "Fursecution"

SCAFC Chimp

Jan 6, 2010
The fetish where you liked drawn children. Its name escapes me.
Scat is also just odd. Why would anyone do that?

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Isn't there on for openly liking exceriment? (checks wikipedia)

Yep there it is

Coprophilia [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coprophilia]
why they would be turned on by feces makes no sense to me

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Feet. I don't get it. It's not like I find them unattractive, it's just... I mean they're just feet...

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
Lilani said:
I recently learned about vore: the fetish of being eaten. Like, yourself. Being eaten. By another. I believe myself to be open to quite a few things, but that's a bit far for me.
It would be one of those horrible scenarios when someone turns to their partner and excitedly cries "Eat me" only to have your partner turn on the oven and melt butter.

Vore, Scat and and Corpse munging. That last one is especially grim.

The acitvity, rumoured to have become something of a craze in early 1990s LA, of disinterring a fresh(ish) female corpse and postioning one's open mouth around the pubis whilst one's friend takes a running jump at the body bringing both feet down heavily on the stomach cavity and supposedly causing a jetstream of internal matter to issue from the vagina and into the mouth of the 'mungee'. The effluvia should be fully swallowed and ingested for this to qualify as an authentic 'mung'. Opinion is divided as to the reliability of witness accounts purporting to have taken part in this ceremony. Or that the ritual has ever taken place at all

Sep 19, 2008
Phlakes said:
Feet. I don't get it. It's not like I find them unattractive, it's just... I mean they're just feet...
I believe it is because of the receptive nature of feet they are incredibly sensitive look at reflexology.

yea scat and vore are just WTF to me.

personally I cannot understand submission, why anyone would want to lose control and be THAT honest scares me... that could just be a personal thing though cause I like to hide, lie and avoid any form of honesty and constantly be in control.

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
I understand pretty much none of them (neither on a personal level nor really on a level of theoretical psychology), nor do I really care to.

I dislike and condemn only those which don't take place in the realms of consenting adults/lifeless objects/fictional content. All which do are none of my business.

No harm, no foul.

concrete89

Oct 21, 2008
Vore, Scat and and Corpse munging. That last one is especially grim.

The acitvity, rumoured to have become something of a craze in early 1990s LA, of disinterring a fresh(ish) female corpse and postioning one's open mouth around the pubis whilst one's friend takes a running jump at the body bringing both feet down heavily on the stomach cavity and supposedly causing a jetstream of internal matter to issue from the vagina and into the mouth of the 'mungee'. The effluvia should be fully swallowed and ingested for this to qualify as an authentic 'mung'. Opinion is divided as to the reliability of witness accounts purporting to have taken part in this ceremony. Or that the ritual has ever taken place at all
[/quote]

FOr the first time in five years, I almost threw up a little in my mouth. And it wasn't even from seeing a picture. Well played.

I can't understand coprophilia either.
On an intellectual level, I can understand pedophilia, necrophilia, rape and bestiality. They are weird as hell, but I can understand how someone can be turned on by them. Probably because they are seen as crimes and people who commit them end up in the media and try to explain themselves.
I can understand masochism and bondage, because they are pretty much politics and amnipulation on a very small scale.
I can see how furry can turn people on. I can see how a lot of weird things get people going, even that sexual urination can be some kind of dominance-thing.
But I just can't see how shit could have any sexual relevance to anyone.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Stuff like BDSM or S&M- it's just the direct opposite of what I expect sex to be like, same goes for rape fetishes...

I know it's hypocritical and not any of my business of me to criticize people on what is essentially their private lives, but I can't help but think theres something twisted or wrong about someone who enjoys the extreme tying-up being in pain or wanting to be "raped" or other kinds of forcible sex. Wouldn't stop them, again it's their private lives but just too fucked up for me.

BrightBlackDaylight

Feb 14, 2011
Caligulove said:
Stuff like BDSM or S&M- it's just the direct opposite of what I expect sex to be like, same goes for rape fetishes...

I know it's hypocritical and not any of my business of me to criticize people on what is essentially their private lives, but I can't help but think theres something twisted or wrong about someone who enjoys the extreme tying-up being in pain or wanting to be "raped" or other kinds of forcible sex. Wouldn't stop them, again it's their private lives but just too fucked up for me.
I understand what you're saying, but from this side of the fence, it doesn't feel fucked up, any more than whatever kind of sex you like feels fucked up to you.

I don't have a problem with any fetishes and for the most part I could see how they would work, even if they don't personally appeal to me. What I don't get is people who let their fetishes completely control their lives, e.g. people in the BDSM community where everything is about being part of the 'leather lifestyle' or being a 'twue' sub or dom. It's like, grow up ...

Edit: I just read the necrophilia bit.

Don't get that. No. Sorry. No.