FFFFFUUUUUUU!!!!

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Play Journey? You'll never feel more relieved after two hours.

Personally, I bake bread when I get stressed. Nothing like manhandling a thick lump of dough into the shape you desire for breaking stress. That, or find a restaurant that's in your budget, chat up a cute waiter/waitress without intent for awhile, and immerse yourself in the benefits of a stranger turned new friend.

That, or scream "CATHARSIS!!" really, really loudly in a crowded area. Maybe follow it up with a grandiose "YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!", so that everyone knows you're feeling better.

Ezpata

Oct 16, 2011
I'd listen to music, since it's the easiest way. I'd go for a few tracks off of Puscifer's "Conditions Of My Parole", like "Horizons" or "Green Valley"... btw, those are songs that go great in Fallout: New Vegas.

Also, it's nice to see so many people recommending reading. Cool to know that we haven't all turned into slavering retards.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Riding a bike or some kind of exercise works even if it's running around the house like a loon. Or baking works. Some of my best pies have come from my most stressful days. Or...um...oh yeah, take a nice hot shower.

My favorite is sleeping though...just sleeping.

Dr Bodom

Feb 6, 2012
Death Metal. Lets you get all your anger out with the music and calms you down very quickly. I used to go for a drive but after a few reckless incidents I have discontinued this.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
I listen to pony music, smoke a joint, mastur... um, never mind, um... watch something fun like Doctor Who, ponies, or Big Bang Theory.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
Well, if abusing substances, escapism's, and plain ol' venting (verbal, emotional or physical) don't help, then I'd suggest some form of art (meaning drawing, painting, writing etc as they require output on your part, rather than movies which require almost none)

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
I find that it goes either one of two ways:
Make something:
1. cook (yum)
2. do pottery (useful for eating food from #1)
3. knit
4. Art. (make sure it is capitalized)
Or: be as non-productive as possible, make sure to decide this is guilt-free
1. Comics
2. Eat an entire container of ice cream and watch a movie
3. Cover yourself in glitter. This lasts for Weeks and makes you smile when you OH SHINEY ON MY HAND WHAT WAS I TYPING?
4. TVTropes

Edit: OH I FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT
Have an 80's power-ballad sing along. Who DOESN'T love Eye of the Tiger?

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
NightHawk21 said:
Or you can beat a small animal with a book.
Good point, that pretty much gets both done. Hmmm, what about beating a book with a small animal.... might be more comical :p

OT: he said he had no eectricity, why do people suggest things that require it, also it's solved by now :p

Little2Raph

Aug 27, 2011
How do I relieve stress? Basically this:

For some reason I find this incredibly cathartic. . .

BarbaricGoose

May 25, 2010
Well, when I'm stressed I usually listen to music. Progressive rock, classic rock, and Widespread Panic.

<youtube=rxt_GHYmolI>
<youtube=7sxQ33N2qbw>
<youtube=nx_ffmGO5Qo>
<youtube=0xkSFJgZ5bg>
<youtube=M_ooleghBLw>
<youtube=TMR_3BJCmh8>

If all that doesn't help you, well, maybe get a massage? Those are GRRRRREAT.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Just go for a run, it's free and you can push yourself as hard as possible.
Be warned you might walk like Clint Eastwood for a couple of days.