FFXIII 360 Development Only Two Months Underway

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Hey, fanboys seem to have that mindset. They've said it long before I ever came onto the scene, about how any PS3 game would run smoother on the 360, even exclusives.

I'm just pointing out the obvious posts before someone blatantly says them.
Someone provoked them 90% of the time. While it will happen, you don't need to start the fires early is all I'm saying.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
Jumplion said:
Damnit Keane, now I'm going to have to find out where your avatar comes from again!

This news doesn't exactly make me more confident about the 360 version. When I saw gameplay footage of FFXIII on 360 it looked much uglier than the PS3 version. Obviously, visuals aren't everything and blah blah blah "realism" blah blah blah "for fun", but when it comes to Final Fantasy people (and by people I mean fans) generally want the superior version even if it is by a small margine.

I would not be surprised if the PS3 version sold more, though I suppose none of us would be.
The Sony fanbase is generally more sophisticated and since FFXIII isn't a first-person shooter, then I imagine it will sell more on PS3.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
nathan-dts said:
The Sony fanbase is generally more sophisticated
...Yeah, because a persons choice of console makes them more "sophisticated"...

Get real, all the consoles owners are identical...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Cue 360 fanboys saying the 360 version will be superior.
Cue PS3 fanboys saying the PS3 version will be superior.
Nice job. That didn't make any sense. I didn't say that at all. And since I'm not even gonna buy it, you lose twice. :p

scotth266 said:
Pendragon9 said:
....You said it first. That just invites more people to say it. Fanboys are like snapping turtles: they keep their heads in their shells until someone provokes them (aka: being a jerk about a particular console/fanbase, like you are right now. Besides, the PS3 fans will be guilty as sin of the same offense). Then they bite someone's hand off. It's a rare day when you find a fanboy bold enough to start a war on his own: most of them need to be galvanized.
Hey, fanboys seem to have that mindset. They've said it long before I ever came onto the scene, about how any PS3 game would run smoother on the 360, even exclusives.

You do realize I just copied your post and changed 360 to PS3 right? Or have PS3 owners evolved since an hour ago and are now above the console wars?

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Nice job. That didn't make any sense. I didn't say that at all. And since I'm not even gonna buy it, you lose twice. :p

scotth266 said:
Pendragon9 said:
....You said it first. That just invites more people to say it. Fanboys are like snapping turtles: they keep their heads in their shells until someone provokes them (aka: being a jerk about a particular console/fanbase, like you are right now. Besides, the PS3 fans will be guilty as sin of the same offense). Then they bite someone's hand off. It's a rare day when you find a fanboy bold enough to start a war on his own: most of them need to be galvanized.

You do realize I just copied your post and changed 360 to PS3 right? Or have PS3 owners evolved since an hour ago and are now above the console wars?
There you go again. I think I have something on my computer screen. I don't comprehend what you're saying.

All I'm saying is that since FF13 is being done on the PS3 first, it will be better on the Ps3, since all I've heard for a long time is that any game on the Ps3 will be automatically better on the 360, this being said by alot of 360 owners.

You can't say the 360 version will be superior. After all, it's just gonna be a port. And after all, porting is so hard it makes me wanna cut myself, or whatever Valve said.

Or did you 360 fanboys evolve to the point where you don't care what Valve says anymore?

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
D_987 said:
nathan-dts said:
The Sony fanbase is generally more sophisticated
...Yeah, because a persons choice of console makes them more "sophisticated"...

Get real, all the consoles owners are identical...
That is incorrect; the 360's key demographic is teenagers (obviously there are exceptions). The majority of teenagers are immature.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:

scotth266 said:
Pendragon9 said:

There you go again. I think I have something on my computer screen. I don't comprehend what you're saying.

All I'm saying is that since FF13 is being done on the PS3 first, it will be better on the Ps3, since all I've heard for a long time is that any game on the Ps3 will be automatically better on the 360, this being said by alot of 360 owners.

You can't say the 360 version will be superior. After all, it's just gonna be a port. And after all, porting is so hard it makes me wanna cut myself, or whatever Valve said.

Or did you 360 fanboys evolve to the point where you don't care what Valve says anymore?
Umm I haven't said anything about which version would be superior. And from the posts Ihave read before this I haven't seen anyone else say anything about which version would be superior. Sorry but you will have to do better than that to start another console war. Or prove that PS3 owners are more mature than 360 owners or whatever point you are trying (and failing) to prove. Keep at it though. I am sure you can goat someone into having your little war so you can prove how vastly superior your are because you are a PS3 fanboy. Me on the other hand will conserve that energy and put it into enjoying what I have and not worrying about what I don't. Nor am I gonna waste that energy boasting about what the 360 has that the PS3 doesn't. All I care about is I have games that I enjoy playing. As a PS3 owner I figured you would understand that since you are more mature or whatever you think owning a PS3 makes you.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Anyone saying that is a fool. I'm pretty much a 360 Fanboy by default, but I would never say anything like that.. I'm hoping it will be adequate. I imagine it will be, as Square has some pretty stringent quality control.. sort of like Blizzard.. Oh snap.. hopefully it won't go the way of Starcraft Ghost

Noone From Nowhere

Feb 20, 2009
I find it strangely humorous that they have only been developing the X-Box 360 version for two months after giving the impression of its simultaneous development for both systems.
They probably don't think that it will be as profitable as the PS 3 version, so it didn't take priority or even equal importance as the X-Box 360 isn't the too popular in Japan.
Maybe if it is good enough, it will convince a lot more Americans to buy PS3s for it. The X-Box 360 only users will have to make due with the games from the likes of BioWare, Bethesda and Namco until Square-Enix gets around to including their system of choice, and seeing how long it took to port over Final Fantasy XI, it could be a while. Oh, shock and horror.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
nathan-dts said:
the 360's key demographic is teenagers (obviously there are exceptions). The majority of teenagers are immature.
The same is true of the Playstation and if you deny it you are a delusional fanboy...

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
TexaNigerian said:
I find it strangely humorous that they have only been developing the X-Box 360 version for two months after giving the impression of its simultaneous development for both systems.
Actually they have always maintained they would begin work on the 360 version when the PS3 version was adequately completed....

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
TexaNigerian said:
They probably don't think that it will be as profitable as the PS 3 version, so it didn't take priority or even equal importance as the X-Box 360 isn't the too popular in Japan.
Maybe if it is good enough, it will convince a lot more Americans to buy PS3s for it. The X-Box 360 only users will have to make due with the games from the likes of BioWare, Bethesda and Namco until Square-Enix gets around to including their system of choice, and seeing how long it took to port over Final Fantasy XI, it could be a while. Oh, shock and horror.
What we have had tons of support from SE. Last Remnant and Infinite Undiscovery I believe had SE somewhere in the titles. And I don't think the development was simultaneous since the PS3 was announced a year before the 360. I think they are going for a simultaneous release date.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
D_987 said:
Just like FF7 on my PSP...oh wait...

Seriously, the footage that was shown was fine.
I'm exagerating, I'll admit that, but I don't see how your comparison works at all. Comparing a port of FF7 to a completely different game of FF13 that's leaps and bounds more of a tech-gorger is weird to say the least. Comparing 360 hardware to PSP hardware on terms of graphics makes no sense. And to my knowledge, there is near no difference in graphical quality between playing FF7 on PS3 or PSP if any at all because it's an old game.

Besides, FF7 was quite pretty at the time, and still is to some extent.

I'm not saying the 360 version of FF13 will suck because of the graphics/visuals, but you've got to admit it's not exactly up to snuff of what the PS3 showed numerous times.

NoMoreSanity said:
Oh yes, the graphics were definitly what made Final Fantasy VI great. Of course it wasn't the satisfying gameplay, or emotional story that actually made me cry at one point.

/sarcastic rant
Ergh, why must you not make a space to separate your words from the [/quote] tag line?!?

But that wasn't exactly my point, at least I don't think it was. Back at that time I'm sure FF6's graphics/visuals were top notch and gorgeous at the time.

My main point is that with a game as big as FF13, people are going to want the best version even if it's just a slight graphical difference or added Japanese voices with subtitles.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Jumplion said:
This news doesn't exactly make me more confident about the 360 version. When I saw gameplay footage of FFXIII on 360 it looked much uglier than the PS3 version. Obviously, visuals aren't everything and blah blah blah "realism" blah blah blah "for fun", but when it comes to Final Fantasy people (and by people I mean fans) generally want the superior version even if it is by a small margine.
Do you have HD footage somewhere or do you mean that crappy sub-SD feed they were running during the conferences? If it's the latter, it really doesn't say much. GT has some footage from the conferences themselves but that's basically SD footage and looks pretty much identical on both platforms. But we really need HD footage to get a clear comparison out for those who really care.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Woe Is You said:
Do you have HD footage somewhere or do you mean that crappy sub-SD feed they were running during the conferences? If it's the latter, it really doesn't say much. GT has some footage from the conferences themselves but that's basically SD footage and looks pretty much identical on both platforms. But we really need HD footage to get a clear comparison out for those who really care.
The fact that they showed crappy SD footage rather than HD doesn't seem to help my concern...

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Jumplion said:
The fact that they showed crappy SD footage rather than HD doesn't seem to help my concern...
...every conference was shown in sub-SD footage. That's the point.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Woe Is You said:
Jumplion said:
...every conference was shown in sub-SD footage. That's the point.
Really? If that's the case, God of War 3 looked damn beautiful in SD.