FFXIII 360 Development Only Two Months Underway

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Hm, it turns out I was off the mark. There is some 360 footage in HD after all. But it'd be nice to see the same thing on the PS3. Any links to the PS3 demo footage that's in good quality HD?

EDIT: Damn, it was just the E3 2008 announcement trailer that was in HD for the 360. Ignore.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
squid5580 said:
And yet you took the energy to respond to me and say I was wrong and how dumb I was for having an opinion.

Gee, nice job taking up your own advice.

I don't want to start up a war. I just wanted to say my honest opinion.

Though frankly, I might not even buy the game for either system. Through all the hype and the fanboy rage, the game doesn't seem as interesting as I thought it was. I'm hoping for another game like Final Fantasy 6. NOT A SEQUEL.

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
Pendragon9 said:
Cue 360 fanboys saying the 360 version will be superior.
Cue PS3 fanboys saying the PS3 version will be superior.
Nice job. That didn't make any sense. I didn't say that at all. And since I'm not even gonna buy it, you lose twice. :p

scotth266 said:
Pendragon9 said:
....You said it first. That just invites more people to say it. Fanboys are like snapping turtles: they keep their heads in their shells until someone provokes them (aka: being a jerk about a particular console/fanbase, like you are right now. Besides, the PS3 fans will be guilty as sin of the same offense). Then they bite someone's hand off. It's a rare day when you find a fanboy bold enough to start a war on his own: most of them need to be galvanized.
Hey, fanboys seem to have that mindset. They've said it long before I ever came onto the scene, about how any PS3 game would run smoother on the 360, even exclusives.

I'm just pointing out the obvious posts before someone blatantly says them.
You do realize I just copied your post and changed 360 to PS3 right? Or have PS3 owners evolved since an hour ago and are now above the console wars?
There you go again. I think I have something on my computer screen. I don't comprehend what you're saying.

All I'm saying is that since FF13 is being done on the PS3 first, it will be better on the Ps3, since all I've heard for a long time is that any game on the Ps3 will be automatically better on the 360, this being said by alot of 360 owners.

You can't say the 360 version will be superior. After all, it's just gonna be a port. And after all, porting is so hard it makes me wanna cut myself, or whatever Valve said.

Or did you 360 fanboys evolve to the point where you don't care what Valve says anymore?
Umm I haven't said anything about which version would be superior. And from the posts Ihave read before this I haven't seen anyone else say anything about which version would be superior. Sorry but you will have to do better than that to start another console war. Or prove that PS3 owners are more mature than 360 owners or whatever point you are trying (and failing) to prove. Keep at it though. I am sure you can goat someone into having your little war so you can prove how vastly superior your are because you are a PS3 fanboy. Me on the other hand will conserve that energy and put it into enjoying what I have and not worrying about what I don't. Nor am I gonna waste that energy boasting about what the 360 has that the PS3 doesn't. All I care about is I have games that I enjoy playing. As a PS3 owner I figured you would understand that since you are more mature or whatever you think owning a PS3 makes you.

Is this really happening? Isn't this trolling? Stop it already.

I'll be getting it on PS3, but I'm glad they're doing it for 360 as well. Now they can start doing this with all games, eventually cut back to one console (it'll never happen) and people can stop trying to justify whatever console it is that keeps them in their parents' basement.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:
And yet you took the energy to respond to me and say I was wrong and how dumb I was for having an opinion.

Gee, nice job taking up your own advice.

I don't want to start up a war. I just wanted to say my honest opinion.

Though frankly, I might not even buy the game for either system. Through all the hype and the fanboy rage, the game doesn't seem as interesting as I thought it was. I'm hoping for another game like Final Fantasy 6. NOT A SEQUEL.
Sorry but saying my console version is better than yours (for a game which isn't due for release for another year) neener neener neener is not an opinion. It is flamebait.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
squid5580 said:
Oh wait. You're right. It isn't flamebait. It's FACT.

I always hear how games are always better on their original systems and suck when ported. I thought I'd remind the 360 owners of that incase they forgot.

PoToGo

Mar 26, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:

I always hear how games are always better on their original systems and suck when ported. I thought I'd remind the 360 owners of that incase they forgot.
Please make it stop.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
PoToGo said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:

Please make it stop.
I'm trying. But the 360 fans have to try and stop too. I'm not pulling all the slack. Though I'm willing to just call this off without flaming. I'm not in the mood to fight more.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I don't really care so long as I get to play FFXIII on my xbox 360. Before the announcement, that was the only game I was sad I wouldn't get to play due to my console choice.

Final Fantasy just gives such a unique experience opposed to what we get on the western half of the world.

Riding on Thermals

Aug 28, 2008
I'm not overly concerned about the difference between the two. The lack of a Japanese voicetrack isn't the dealbreaker for me. As for graphics, anyone who bought a 360 over a PS3 is already aware that the graphical capabilities are somewhat limited. That said, anyone touting their PS3 for being outrageously more gorgeous on the screen is really just jerking themselves off.

The point is I'll be buying it for my 360 if the reviews are good and the battle system seems fun. This is exactly how SE said they would be producing the 360 version (ie after sufficient work had been completed on the PS3) so more power to them. Also, the tentative release date ought to be taken with a grain of salt, just to be safe.

tl;dr -- looks good a year before release

ps. quit the trolling and flaming. this is the escapist not /b/

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm pretty confident that the only difference upon release will be the buyers prefference of either trophies or achievements, or perhaps loyalty to a console. For me, I'll be getting it on PS3 for a kind of traditional purpose. FF has been on the PS consoles since VII (apart from XI online) and I just wanna personally keep that going. I have both consoles and 10+ games for each, but this ones adding to my PS3 collection, cos it's an FF game and thats how it goes lol, can't explain much better than that

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
PoToGo said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:

Please make it stop.
No don't please. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The irony (or would stupidity be a better word?)of that post is truly epic. Well done in proving the PS3 fanbase IS more mature than the 360's. You win!

Riding on Thermals

Aug 28, 2008
squid5580 said:
PoToGo said:
Pendragon9 said:
squid5580 said:

Please make it stop.
No don't please. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The irony (or would stupidity be a better word?)of that post is truly epic. Well done in proving the PS3 fanbase IS more mature than the 360's. You win!
You're throwing the same stones from the other side of the fence. Take it outside, kids. And by outside I obviously mean a more relevant thread.

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
I can't remember if I've seen 360 footage of ff13, could someone post a decent link?

I think I'll pick this up on PS3, I'm definitely getting the whole fabula nova crystallis saga and I'm pretty sure that FF Versus 13 is a PS3 exclusive and FF Agito 13 is on the PSP, I might as well keep a theme.

They all look orgasmic, I can't wait.

yeah_so_no

Sep 11, 2008
traceur_ said:
I can't remember if I've seen 360 footage of ff13, could someone post a decent link?

I think I'll pick this up on PS3, I'm definitely getting the whole fabula nova crystallis saga and I'm pretty sure that FF Versus 13 is a PS3 exclusive and FF Agito 13 is on the PSP, I might as well keep a theme.

They all look orgasmic, I can't wait.
Yup, Versus is PS3 exclusive. They haven't set a release date yet for Versus, which makes me want to cry because the trailer I saw with the FF13 demo was just gorgeous. My guess is, since the trailer didn't even have voices yet, is that it's not going to be for a good, long while.

As for the port job, I don't have a 360 and have no plans to ever get one, but I'm glad they're doing a good job on it--I'd expect nothing less, honestly. Square Enix is mighty good at pushing the limits of the console/device (an acquaintance was watching me play Square's horror game on my DS and was seriously impressed with how good the graphics were) and working within what it can and can't do, so I'm glad they're doing that even with ports instead of halfassing it.

And as soon as there is a release date beyond I am SO going to the game store and preordering. My only fear is it'll come out the week I have to fly back to the US.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
I probably won't get this game just because I'm tired of all this bullshit. Might give Versus a try but only if I'm having a good day.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
D_987 said:
nathan-dts said:
the 360's key demographic is teenagers (obviously there are exceptions). The majority of teenagers are immature.
The same is true of the Playstation and if you deny it you are a delusional fanboy...
I disagree; I very rarely come across many immature people while playing online.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Altorin said:
Pendragon9 said:
Anyone saying that is a fool. I'm pretty much a 360 Fanboy by default, but I would never say anything like that.. I'm hoping it will be adequate. I imagine it will be, as Square has some pretty stringent quality control.. sort of like Blizzard.. Oh snap.. hopefully it won't go the way of Starcraft Ghost
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH aha.. that was a joke, right?

Cause that game was canceled years ago... RIGHT? O-O