Fighting Game players, the new Guilty Gear came out today, get it!

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
Dreiko said:
Alma Mare said:
Dreiko said:
SweetShark said:
Sorry, but I have plans to get the "real" edition. This one is an imposter.
I got really irritated back then with the first GG games....
Also I suck at fighting games, but I love them, so wait for me :)

Huh? What do you mean? The game is super real and amazingly beautiful, I mean, watch this stuff!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Hmyy0m6Q8
He means he'll wait for the Turbo Reloaded Extended Senpai Gosu Basara edition that will come down the line with 3 more game modes and 4 new characters.

Well, that won't be for years to come. If you wait this long you'll miss out on playing it from now till then. I think it's worth the money since it has legit hundreds of hours of replayability if you wanna become good at it. Also, there's an additional problem if you wait, you'll never actually get to play the game, since there's ALWAYS gonna be a new, more updated version in the future. Fighting games don't just end, you know.

It's more about the trip. It's more about growing as a competitor with the community around you and being part of a fighting group of awesome badasses. To best enjoy this, the ideal thing to do is to start with everyone else so that skill levels will be as near as possible. If you wait 2 years to get the upgraded game, you'll be up against people with 2 years more experience than you. Learning in that environment is much more difficult than it will be to learn when everyone's new at the game as they are right now.
Maybe they will pull off a Capcom tactic if they are successfull. You know, a new edition after few months. But at least it make sense. All the character look fantastic in any way.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Ordered a copy of it, A friend of mine already has the japnese version and we play together sometimes.

Due to my lack of training and playtime I really suck at it.

Looking forward to it and polishing up my Potempkin.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Potemkin really benefits from the new yellow rc system. You wanna go for tricky grab setups with those. Look up a player called FAB on youtube to steal technology from.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
No release in Europe yet for as far as I know. I'm thinking about waiting on buying it untill a XX edition or something arrives.

In the meantime, I have Dust Strikers, Isuka, XX Accent Core Plus and XX #Reload to hold me over.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
MC1980 said:
Only people who play fighting games on a regular basis should buy first renditions of arksys games. They always have an improved version with new modes, balance changes and characters that are incompatible with the original release and can't be downloaded as DLC. (Or are dlc without story modes, but in the newer release they get stories that again won't be available for download, fuck you for buying the dlc essentialy.) Arksys really fucked themselves (and people who buy their games) with their refusal to allow you to upgrade initial versions of their games.

Oh and the creator is a compulsive liar and arksys fucking hates Europe, Xrd only being available in NA now. Europe doesn't even have a date yet, and most likely it will be digital only and come out a year from now with zero advertisement.
Shit, Blazblue CSE just got released on steam, a digital platform, but they region locked it so Europeans can't buy it. On a fucking digital only platform.

Atleast Persona made it, and it's fucking awesome. (Which is super wierd, since Atlus also hates europeans, SMT games routinely have year long delays and fuck all reason for it. Maybe the two anti-EU sentiments negate each other).

On the good side GG X3 is what it says on the tin, looks and plays like Guilty Gear but in 3D, so that's really nice if you liked previous entries, the new characters designs are a bit overdone though. Also fuck'em for putting the lame new characters (unless you're into ganguro) in the game and selling the cool ones (well one really, unless you're into girls dressed as rabbits) as DLC. Bedman is the worst though, hands down.
I can't forgive them for leaving out Bridget and A.B.A. well next to not releasing in the EU.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
A.B.A.'s story concluded in Accent Core since she made Shamoji human again. As for Bridget, he'd be all grown now due to being 5 years later so I doubt he'd still play the same.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
Dreiko said:
A.B.A.'s story concluded in Accent Core since she made Shamoji human again. As for Bridget, he'd be all grown now due to being 5 years later so I doubt he'd still play the same.
So the reason that May looks and plays exactly the same as she did in GG AC+R is what? She was in a time bubble during the interim? She sacrificed Johnny to gain eternal youth? Fighting games don't (thankfully because they usually don't) have to make sense story-wise with regards to character inclusion. I'm pretty sure there are multiple fighting games out that include canonically dead characters on their playable roster.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Dreiko said:
I remember rumors that Bridget would return but completely redesigned. If it's true, it is better than nothing.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
I want to but the last time I played GG and tried to get help playing it I got banned from dustloop for not being in the know.

Plus as others have said, they're just gonna make a Super Turbo Fudge coated with sprinkles edition.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
ThingWhatSqueaks said:
Dreiko said:
So the reason that May looks and plays exactly the same as she did in GG AC+R is what? She was in a time bubble during the interim? She sacrificed Johnny to gain eternal youth? Fighting games don't (thankfully because they usually don't) have to make sense story-wise with regards to character inclusion. I'm pretty sure there are multiple fighting games out that include canonically dead characters on their playable roster.

She doesn't play the same at all. She has a new otter ball move, she learned Johnny's Ensenga (air fire slash) and she has the ability to ride on summoned dolphins as they fly at you mid-air, all those change her playstyle significantly. She also is 22 so she was already 17 by the +R timeline. People don't grow much after they are already 17.

Rayce Archer

Jun 26, 2014
I don't have much interest in this game but damn, that is just about the best make-3d-look-like-anime arr I've ever seen. Impressive.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Bumping this to notify people that for a week starting today there's Free dlc up on psn for this game. It's Xmas colors for every char.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
So, how has the fighting been going for everyone?

Best I have managed to pull off so far (from an actual likely starter):
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/Dreikoo/sin3_zpsfaacb5ab.jpg~original