Fill Out Surveys, Earn Cash and Win Videogames!

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
well its been a few hours i can honestly say this is like always a US only thing.
unless your in the us getting any surveys is highly unlikely.
like 80% of the questions are US oriented and only have us information ie stores,companies and such, and so like Zipzod said:

zipzod said:
I am disappoint.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
So I'm looking through the questions and they asked me if I had prostrate cancer.

Do I have a malignancy that makes me throw myself to the ground? No. Do I get paid a bonus for proofreading the survey? Sadly, no.

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
dududf said:
lacktheknack said:
dududf said:
My scam senses are tingling.
*Edit

It's a scam. Not big surprise.
Proof?

Please hurry, I wanna know if I should unsign.
It says it will delete all your information when you close your account.

Yet when you close your account it essentially says it will hold onto all of your information in case you want to join again.

Secondly, you only get the money by telling them everything about you, in alarming detail. We're talking illnesses, to type of car, to where you live, if certain members in your family have medical conditions e.t.c.

Even when you do fill out everything 100% you still do not get the survey that gives you money.

Fourthly, if you magically get the survey, they don't pay you cash, merely credits.

Also the free offer of music seems to be bullshit.

Is that enough information for you? I can go on.
If you don't feel as though this offer is not for you, then don't do it.

Also, your points are invalid.

You are given surveys that match you demographic, hence all of the questions
Once you have enough surveys, you can cash out and they give you a debit card with money on it (that you can spend anywhere) or a gift card, depending on where you live
The music will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up (which was also in one of my previous posts)

If you choose to voice your opinion about this further, please PM. Anything else will be considered trolling.
Thanks for clarifying! I was just about to ask about the music again :p

Then i'll just have to wait a bit longer.
Oh, BTW do you know if Oblivion or Morrowind's soundtrack is included? (I love that soundtrack!)

keitarobg

Jan 19, 2009
anyone else getting a 403?

>"You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied"

awww...

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Ugh. I tried this for a little bit, but I never realized how tedious and endless doing surveys is. I couldn't even finish one, it went on so long.

So not worth it. I canceled.

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Spinwhiz if you see this could you possibly answer this question of mine? I'm curious about signing up for this survey but because it does require an address, just exactly what would they be sending to my physical address? I most certainly would hate to find twenty letters in my mail box suggesting I join netflix, blockbuster (lol), Direct TV etc...

And because it says on the VGMarket website you are e-mailed coupons redeemed for Amazon.com, just what benefit is there to giving them my P.O Box? Wouldn't my city, state and zip code be good enough for them?

ProtoChimp

Feb 8, 2010
Spinwhiz said:
theriddlen said:
How do i get the promised music? I completed my profile on VGM site.
It will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up.

Ziel said:
Either the escapist is profiting from this promotion, or they're just gullible.
How are we gullible? Feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

zipzod said:
Took the surveys. Did not win money.
I am disappoint.
You don't WIN money. You take the surveys, they take a bit to process, then you can claim your money/certificate. Then they send it to you.
WHEN will they send it though its been over a day.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
I don't exactly see how it is trolling. I'll keep it to PM's however in respect to your wishes.

I still don't like it. Not at all.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Ahh, i thought it will be a link to download this album in digital form.

So, snail mail. If my local post office won't steal it, then i have a chance of receiving it in next two weeks.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
seydaman said:
Always_Remain said:
The Escapist sure seems paranoid today.
We're all afraid of losing our identities because the Escapist went turncoat.
Although the privacy policy kind of quells my fears a little
A LITTLE
" * We will not make any personal information of our participants available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, e-mail address, zip code, age, and gender.
* We will never try to sell you anything - that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
* Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
* Your decisions about participating in a study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
* When you register for the invitation list, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, age, gender, zip code, and email address.
"
Edit: And just incase this goes to court or something, printed and stored the documents.
But why WOULD the Escapist go "turncoat"? To piss of it's huge, loyal community? To lose all of it's supports? To just . . . TAKE OVER THE WORLD?!

Shihoudani

Oct 3, 2009
Also another question. I took the general consumer survey worth $1.00 and when I finished the survey it redirected me to clear voice survey, so seeing as the survey was over I went back to VGMarket and checked my account to find that the survey choice was gone, there was no pending and no cash credited?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I've seen a lot of these in the past that have been a con. However, I read through the stuff posted pretty carefully, and couldn't see anything to catch us out. And it's being promoted by The Escapist, which I've always seen as a reputable site, run by a reputable company. So yeah, sounds good, and I've signed up. As long as they don't want my bank details or anything, which frankly seems very unlikely, I don't see a problem here :D.

Whobajube

Mar 25, 2008
ProtoChimp said:
Spinwhiz said:
theriddlen said:
How do i get the promised music? I completed my profile on VGM site.
It will be delivered to you within 48 hours of signing up.

Ziel said:
Either the escapist is profiting from this promotion, or they're just gullible.
How are we gullible? Feel free to PM me with your thoughts.

zipzod said:
Took the surveys. Did not win money.
I am disappoint.
You don't WIN money. You take the surveys, they take a bit to process, then you can claim your money/certificate. Then they send it to you.
WHEN will they send it though its been over a day.
If you read the FAQ, you have to wait until the survey closes, which could take 2-4 weeks. Until then, the rewards are listed under "Pending Rewards" or something to that effect.

teisjm

Mar 3, 2009
This seems too good to be true, especially considering i have a job where i can browse the net the majority of teh time, so i would actually be able to make money while making money. (insert xzibit face) without having to learn how to be awesome at poker.

Normally i'd take this for a scam without thinking twice, but i really trust the escapist, so i signed up and filled out all the info... now(this is big props, you are internetz after all)

Halfway on topic, i know a guy who works for a survey company, and he hooked me up with an interview, where some chick came to my appartment 2 weeks ago to talk about home rolled ciggarets.
Had to talk for about 2 hours and got a 70$ gift certificate usable in shitloads of stores.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
i trust the escapist so im really hoping this aint a scam..

so far i did the first survey and i didnt get my 1 dollar like it said so im kinda aynoyyed and i just got linked to a differint survey site

Shihoudani said:
Also another question. I took the general consumer survey worth $1.00 and when I finished the survey it redirected me to clear voice survey, so seeing as the survey was over I went back to VGMarket and checked my account to find that the survey choice was gone, there was no pending and no cash credited?
exact same thing happened to me..

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
dududf said:
My scam senses are tingling.

Best not be shitting us spinwhiz.
The Escapist would not partner up with someone if they weren't 100% legit and we sure as heck wouldn't then tell our community about it.

This is the real deal folks, enjoy!
there is a loophole to what spinwhiz said all he said is that they not tell us about it whether or not it was legit.
I joined anyways though i like being heard.

Das Arschloch

Oct 31, 2008
well...its been almost 24hrs...and alas I havent received any spam directly related to the site, I did however, receive a few invites to take surveys. so far, so good I reckon