Film These Heroes!

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
The_ModeRazor said:
What, no Deadpool?
Too bad.
RC1138 said:
I can't believe no one's thought to make a Deadpool movie.
Boom129 said:
Deadpool(x52)
I don't if all of you are not being serious or you just don't know, but he's got a movie. Ryan Reynolds is playing him. It's a done deal. It's happening right now.

That's why he's not being mentioned...

rossatdi

Aug 27, 2008
MovieBob said:
With Comic-Con over, here are the comic books MovieBob would like to see filmed next.
Green Arrow
Booster Gold
Animal Man
and
Union Jack?

You sir, should be listened to.

OmegaXIII

Jun 26, 2009
Just Craig said:
...Oh, and instead of Union Jack can we have Lord Bravery?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9mzhrsmI-Q
I literally love you for that. But what if someone is in peril and mistakenly runs into a bakery?

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Joe Matsuda said:
Simriel said:
Joe Matsuda said:
hmmmmmm....A Booster Gold movie?

.....how should I put this lightly?.....

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!
I heartily endorse this statement, but know what would be better? A movie of The Blue and The Gold.
Holy sweet baby Jesus...that is this smartest thing I have heard anyone say in the history of ever...

and the best part of it is:

at this rate, we have our selves a Justice League International moive in the works...
Just as long as it has Guy, Nate and Kara as well!

Swny Nerdgasm

Jul 31, 2010
Captain Marvel, not the crappy Marvel version, I wanna see and hear a kid scream SHAZAM and get turned into a powerhouse.

Oh and Fables would be amazing, but I see that more as a television series.

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
I would rather them take a break from comic movies, there are just way to many of them and I'm getting sick of them coming out.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Dr Strange already had a movie, it was a half-assed animated fair, but he had one. I suppose something better could be done with him if the effort was made and the casting was right, but out of all on the list there I think Strange is the most likely to be a flop.

Side note: why does it always have to be Marvel? What about DC (or to a lesser extent, it's offspring Vertigo)? I personally would love to see "Witchblade VS The Darkness" up in live-action glory because there's such a huge amount of mythos to draw on.

We've seen how well "V" did, I think DC have it in them to have another go.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Ares (from Marvel), seriously this would be a great film. Basically the plot of the mini-series where his son gets kidnapped combined with elements from the later mighty/dark avengers. Plus Thor already grounds the concept of alien/magic/science gods existing.

Ares has retired from being the god of war, after being scorned by his fellow gods for his brutality (shown in a battle at the start), to raise his demi-god son on earth. His son gets kidnapped by Mikaboshi, a Japanese god who has incited war between different pantheons. Ares has to kick arse and take names to get him back, unbeknownst to him Mikaboshi is grooming his son to be a new god of war.

You'd take the idea of this world weary fighter who is not a hero just a father trying to save his son. You'd have flashbacks that would show Ares doesn't have a nice past (stuff like fighting alongside SS storm troopers or barbarians burning down Rome).

He'd have the misoygnistic wise cracks, such as:
"You are a fine specimen"
"Oh my god"
"Yes...I am"

There'd be his rant (from the most recent mini) on how he knows the sound of an elephant dying, platemail buckling and can identify every kind of shrapenel. Along with his stating "I may be the god of war...but I am not the god of sadism!" when he fights Mikaboshi.

Also this film could be somehow connected to a Hercules and Amadeus Cho film, which is another great film that could be made, he's the strongest god teamed up with the smartest human. But there would need to be a bunch of other hero films so it doesn't look like Marvels just spamming reinvented mythology.

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
kementari said:
MovieBob said:
Only reason that wasn't on the list was because it's already being prepared, same as Deadpool ;)
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had no idea! @_@
Oh, sweet fancy Moses, tell me Joss Whedon isn't attached...Dead End Kids was the nadir of the series for me.

My top comics to be made into films, though?

1. Hack/Slash (Because honestly, it's time there was an attractive, female answer to Ash. They could even have an actual B-Queen play Cassie)
2. Incognito (Zeppelins, a witness protection program for superheroes, and an awesome arc)
3. Hitman (D.C. Universe meets Gun-movies head-on)
4. Pretty much any limited Warren Ellis has ever done

And finally, when in Sheol will they make a damn Preacher miniseries or movie? It's the most violent and vicious and yet touching and heartfelt horror comic I've currently read (The Goon comes close, but edges out its touching and heartfelt nature for more viciousness...also, The Goon is in development), and yet it languishes in development hell while they churn out crap like Jonah Hex.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
TetsuoKaneda said:
And finally, when in Sheol will they make a damn Preacher miniseries or movie?
I think it would have to be a miniseries, there's a lot of stuff that while essential would just drag a movie out. The Boys is probably an easier concept to translate to film.

TetsuoKaneda

Feb 11, 2009
Well, true, but everyone pooh-poohs The Boys because of the way it presents everything. There is a Boys movie being made, but I really don't think it'd work, what with the extremity it requires. Also, I can't see Adam McKay (who was last pointed to as the director) as doing it proper...I kinda feel like Guy Ritchie or Edgar Wright would do a better job.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
TetsuoKaneda said:
Well, true, but everyone pooh-poohs The Boys because of the way it presents everything. There is a Boys movie being made, but I really don't think it'd work, what with the extremity it requires. Also, I can't see Adam McKay (who was last pointed to as the director) as doing it proper...I kinda feel like Guy Ritchie or Edgar Wright would do a better job.
I guess but I definitely think it could be a success in the same vein as Kickass.I hadn't thought of it, but I'd definitely want Guy Ritchie to do it.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Doctor Strange is the only one I actually agree with. The Savage Land would likely be an X-Men movie.

MailOrderClone

Nov 30, 2009
I would love to see a Heroes For Hire movie made. One that doesn't just feature Luke Cage, but also Iron Fist, Misty Knight, and Coleen Wing as principle characters. The whole thing could be styled after blaxsploitation and classic kung fu cinema, with an Issac Hayes-esque soundtrack to boot. Try to picture Black Dynamite and the A-Team mashed together, and you're on the right track.

JayDig

Jun 28, 2008
Wouldn't it be great to have Xavier as psychic, Richards as Scientist, Stark as Engineer, Strange as spiritulist and Luke Cage and Iron Fist as muscle. Being a hero would be awesome with the right friends.

Wouldn't exactly make a blockbuster movie but Heroes for Hire would be awesome as an action comedy. Luke Cage as a washed-up blacksploitation hero(Power Man) goes into business with a mystical ninja(Iron Fist) and hijinx ensue with other B rate characters owned by the same studio.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
MailOrderClone said:
I would love to see a Heroes For Hire movie made. One that doesn't just feature Luke Cage, but also Iron Fist, Misty Knight, and Coleen Wing as principle characters. The whole thing could be styled after blaxsploitation and classic kung fu cinema, with an Issac Hayes-esque soundtrack to boot. Try to picture Black Dynamite and the A-Team mashed together, and you're on the right track.
JayDig said:
Wouldn't exactly make a blockbuster movie but Heroes for Hire would be awesome as an action comedy. Luke Cage as a washed-up blacksploitation hero(Power Man) goes into business with a mystical ninja(Iron Fist) and hijinx ensue with other B rate characters owned by the same studio.
Two things with Luke Cage that would be great in the film:
1. Him getting thrown off the roof of a building during a fight, then catching the elevator back up while playing elevator music.
2. Him listening to his ipod during a fight.

Vortigar

Nov 8, 2007
I'd love to see Doc Samson. Kinda like Marvel making their own parody movie.

Don't think it's ever going to happen though.

kementari said:
on female superheroes
I´ve been thinking about that now and then as well.

I´d go with something more obscure than the mainlisters from the Marvel or DC universe. The two that spring to my mind are Manhunter (Kate Spencer) and Shi (Ana Ishikawa).

It´d need a good reworking of Manhunter´s story to make it work though, as the entire JSA and a large assortment of other DC stand by´s hopped in and out of her book. But the main premise of the federal prosecutor who takes justice into her own hands when an obviously guilty supervillain goes free is so stupidly obvious its a miracle its not been done a million times over yet. It might feel a bit too much like Dare Devil in reverse but hey, that movie tanked so the spot´s free for the taking. She's also got enough decent plotlines in her short comic book run to make any kind of angle work (she's a mom, is divorced, was adopted, her real father is a villain, blackmailed a guy in the witness protection system to get her gear, oh yeah, she kills the villain, etc.).

Shi on the other hand requires no super powers thus very little budget, has been in production about five times before (Tia Carrera was up for the part at one point) and as a revenge story is also too obvious to pass up on (it´s practically an American Yakuza schtick). Just tone down that costume some.

Aisaku

Jul 9, 2010
Let's not forget that while most ideas in the thread are great, they will remain just pipe dreams if the movies already on production fail to meet their respective companies' profit expectations.

If I had to choose one movie to get made, that would be Kingdom Come. But that's obviously way outside what's budgetable for a Hollywood movie.