films that are fantastically horrible

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I love Peter Jackson's early films. Like Braindead and Bad Taste. This is also why I was astounded way back when I heard he's the one directing the Lord of the Rings movies.

ThatDarnCoyote

Dec 3, 2011
FoolKiller said:
Yes. Although I could almost swear that Escape from LA was a parody of Escape from NY. Escape from LA was only really funny if you watched the NY one first.
My read was always that Escape From New York was a parody, but John Carpenter thought it was too subtle, so he fixed that for the sequel.

andy_amfad

Aug 28, 2011
EyeReaper said:
huh, surprised noone's mentioned The Wicker Man yet. All the Nicholas Cage in a bearsuit punching women in the face anyone could ever ask for
A bad remake of a good movie could never be good in any way. Its just bad.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Anything with Richard Harrison in it.

Although having said that I've seen worse swordfighting in films....

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Artina89 said:
My vote is for The room this scene in particular was a hit with me and my friends:

Terrible acting, terrible story, but I will be damned that it isn't one of the funniest things I had watched in quite a while. Entertaining in its own little way.
Oh you should have seen it when Adult Swim aired it. You know all those completely gratuitous and idiotic sex scenes? They decided they needed to be censored. Only, instead of you know...cutting them out or something....they decided the best course of action was to use big black censor bars. And by that, I don't mean these. I mean THIS

I swear, at times the only part of the screen that wasn't censored was the upper left corner, maybe a few centimeters wide. Which was absolutely hilarious once I realized that my television wasn't on the fritz.

blink

Oct 25, 2012
My GOD THIS IS PERFECT! I was just going to make a thread about the same thing!

Me and my friends used to watch a fair few. The absolute best was easily mega piranha. The trailer pretty much sums it up.If you're not laughing out loud at this trailer, You will never laugh

a close second was crocosaurus

hahahahahahaha oh i love these movies
hahahahahaha
ahahahaa
ahaaaaa
ha

San Martin

Jun 21, 2013
Private Custard said:
Artina89 said:
My vote is for The room
To back you up on this, here's one of the worst scripted, acted and put together scenes in cinematic history!

I have seen The Room fourteen times, introduced many of my friends into its warm, loving arms, have developed complex theories about the symbolism behind its idiocy, and can quote every single line.

I have no life.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
Cherry 2000 - a dude in one of those silly 80s version of the future (where anything that isn't LA is a wasteland - lol they got THAT in reverse), and a dude comes home to a beautiful wife who has made him dinner. Hey presto, can't help himself, they start going for it on the floor. But oh noes! She gets wet! Fzzzzt. She was Cherry 2000, a companion cube with functional inny-outty bits. One of the rarest, most advanced models too. All the spare parts are gone - but, if he can survive the wasteland and reach the original factory she was made in, he can get a NEW one! Yippeee!
Along the way he is helped by a tracker (none other than the foxy foxy Melanie Griffith) who we all know is more worth his time than the damned robot anyhoo.

Terribly AWESOME is what it is.

Imagine Fallout New Vegas, but the war happened in the 1980s, not the 1950s.

thedrunkenmonkey

Jun 27, 2013
thebobmaster said:
Con Air. Seriously, you think Arnold Schwarzenegger is the king of over-the-top, cliche filled movies? He has nothing on this. The set up is as free of holes as a sieve, the main character is given next-to-no characterization (and is played by Cage in full on ham mode), the theme song for the movie is "How Do I Live" by Trisha Yearwood, the villain is defeated in a ridiculously over the top manner...and it is so glorious to behold.
Good points about the movie:

John Malkovich got a paycheck.
John Cusack got a paycheck.
The guy who plays Machete got a paycheck.

Technical accuracies about Con Air:

Bullets go through the air at high velocity.

thedrunkenmonkey

Jun 27, 2013
blink said:

Me and my friends used to watch a fair few. The absolute best was easily mega piranha. The trailer pretty much sums it up.If you're not laughing out loud at this trailer, You will never laugh

a close second was crocosaurus

hahahahahahaha oh i love these movies
hahahahahaha
ahahahaa
ahaaaaa
ha
You and my wife.

I'm probably the only man on the planet whose wife loves SyFy movie originals to the point where for Christmas and her birthday, I can make her ecstatic by buying her the movies on DVD. I'll get odd looks when I go for the Blu-Ray, though.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
Private Custard said:
Artina89 said:
My vote is for The room
To back you up on this, here's one of the worst scripted, acted and put together scenes in cinematic history!

Figures the room would take the prize! It's beyond parody on every level.

For something different, I'm gonna go with Uwe Boll. He's the director that buys up the film rights to video games and challenges critics to boxing matches if they pan his films.

He's made such wonders as:
Alone in the Dark [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/alone_in_the_dark/]
Far Cry, the Movie [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1219216-far_cry/]
Postal [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/postal/]
Bloodrayne [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bloodrayne_the_third_reich/]
House of the Dead [http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1126175-house_of_the_dead/] - This one is actually the worst IMO

Most of his films are so bad Rotten Tomatoes refuse to give them a % rating. He routinely gets worse than 0%

------------------------

Also, for stuff that makes no fucking sense, I present to you:

Jaws 4, featuring a roaring exploding shark!

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
To steer a bit away from the bottom-barrel-budgets and the well-known classics of awfulness, my vote goes to the Sequel to xXx (Triple X) named xXx² (xXxxXx?) outside of the US and Canada, wich uses the much less inspiring title xXx: State of the Union

It's a hilariously stupid Hollywood B-Movie with awful effects and a stupid plot, but what differentiates it from other stupid B-Movies with awful effects and a stupid plot is it's shameless pandering and most of all, Ice Cube. See, not only does Ice Cube fail at acting here, the constant ATTITUDE ('tude) of his character and the excessive need of the movie to point out how much more "dangerous" and "badass" he is as opposed to Vin Diesel (the protagonist of the first movie) makes him look less like a "badass" and more of a "grumpy kid who needs to go to bed but does not want to"

I laughed a lot

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
an annoyed writer said:
Anything by Ed Wood, because his films are so bad they're amazing. His work is probably the mst famous in the world of filmmaking flukes.
I forget, is ED Wood the guy who made Plan 9 From Outer Space? Because that film is amazing in how goddamn terrible it is :D

And of course The Room and pretty much anything made by The Asylum. I saw a DVD in a supermarket called Atlantic Rim the other day, gonna have to buy it at some point :p

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
EyeReaper said:
huh, surprised noone's mentioned The Wicker Man yet. All the Nicholas Cage in a bearsuit punching women in the face anyone could ever ask for
Wicker man!!!
I was just thinking "what was that movie with the guy that gets burnt and has a crazy ending?"
just didnt realize it was nicholas cage.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
blink said:

Haha I don't know why but I lost my shit when they were going through the actors and the chick is Tiffany, no last name as if she didn't deserve it or something haha

OT: I think any movie with giant animals seems to be pretty average. My nomination is Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus.

This bit is hilarious, especially the random "I'm getting married in two days" line.

Also, they used so many of the same animations. I don't know how many times the octopus lost all of its tentacles haha

Bestival

May 5, 2012
Usually when a movie is bad I just quit on it, so I don't have many of these "so bad it's good" type movies in my list. One that comes to mind is Brain Dead though, which was just an utter laugh riot throughout.
The acting is somewhat bad at times, and the effects are bad, but those I attribute to budget more than anything. Where it gets awesome bad is the writing at a few parts. Like the priest's one-liners, terribly awesome.

Acton Hank

Nov 19, 2009
I've always had a weird affection towards Batman and Robin; Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze was so fucking awesome...

Another terrible film I kind of enjoy is Monkeybone, It's one of those once in a lifetime experiences that I'm positive no other film, be it great or awful, will ever duplicate.