Films that you regret watching

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Session 9.

I kept hearing such amazing things about the film, but it was just awful. I couldn't care about the flat, badly-acted characters, and the fact that the first hour of the film was devoted to watching them renovate a building and bicker back and forth a bit didn't help. Once the horror part of it actually started, the pacing just felt so wrong, and for most if it, I felt like nothing actually happened.

I get that it was supposed to be "psychological horror", but... no. No, it wasn't.

At least the asylum they were renovating was appropriately creepy. Best part of the film, right there.

Savo

Jan 27, 2012
Hour of the Wolf.

I sorta liked Persona by Ingmar Bergman and thought that him trying a surreal horror film would be a good movie. I was wrong. All those people on the IMDB and Amazon who say that this is an actual horror film need to have their film-buff badge revoked.

Nothing happens for the vast majority of the film, just awkward dialogue from two undeveloped characters for the most part. There is almost no surreal or horror elements to distract from the horrendously bland drama. The actors did a pretty poor job all around, but I'd blame the script more than the incompetency on the actor's part.

There is one great scene toward the end that made me think that Bergman was going to turn the movie around and at least deliver a good finale, but it quickly sank back into the hole of crappy writing.

It's only 88 minutes long and I felt every minute of it. Might even be the worst film I've ever seen, it's got stiff competition though with Hard Candy and The Informant already competing for that spot.

Stasisesque

Nov 25, 2008
The Ring.

I haven't been able to watch any unmarked tapes or DVDs since, and I saw this film at the cinema twelve years ago. :( It gave me phobias.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Was somehow roped into watching Meet the Spartans in theaters when it was released. I want to cry just thinking about it.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Drive.

It was so damn boring, I just kept waiting for it to get interesting or at least to be more driving oriented. There was about 2 scenes with cool driving (which is the only reason I wanted to watch it) and the rest was shit.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
HyperDavidovich said:
Best of the Best 2
House of Flying Daggers
Hero (Jet Li)
The Lady in Black
The Minus Man (Owen Wilson)
Traitor (Don Cheadle)
The Resident Evil sequels (I actually liked the first one well enough)
American Gangster
Cellular
Avalon
The Contract (Morgan Freeman and John Cusack)

Most of the films on this list put me to sleep (good example is The Minus Man), but some, like Cellular, actually made me angry at how bad they were.
Agree Cellular was shithouse. William H. Macy I expect better of you...

But Hero? I mean the plot wasn't much, the script sucked, acting was poor, the fight scenes were in that over the top chinese style, and yes that fuckwit Tarantino got his name on it for some reason, but christ man that movie was BEAUTIFUL. Seriously, you could take nearly any screen shot from that film and hang it on your wall.

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Superbad
Disaster Movie

Just awful, both of them. Not funny, irritating, and the things they were trying to pass off as jokes dragged on way too long.