Films that you regret watching

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
what films have you seen that you have regret watching or never want to see again?

I have to go with Pink Flamingos, Thats one nasty flick

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Napoleon Dynamite.

God, was it unfunny. Those hours of my life were wasted. I want to sue.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
The Grudge disturbed me to no end. I think it was the contortionist with no jaw sliding her way down the stairs that did me in. Not to mention the little ghost kid who keeps screaming at everybody every chance he gets.

Christ, that movie still creeps me out to this day.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
This Italian film "La vita è bella". It's one hell of a long and boring film the type to fall alseep to.

Oh there is also that anime film Geno Cyber... so more gore and violence and I was a kid when I watch it. It was thanks to that I don't like too much violence in genral (to a certain degree).

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Jonluw said:
Napoleon Dynamite.

God, was it unfunny. Those hours of my life were wasted. I want to sue.
Painfully unfunny. I enjoy quirky, offbeat humor as much as the next guy, but ND was just excruciating.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Palindroms.

I loved Tod Solondz's previous movies, but he totally jumped the shark with Palindroms.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
House of Flying Daggers... I like wuxia as much as the next guy, but House of... *snore*

And even Takeshi Kaneshiro's dreaminess couldn't lift it enough for me... -_-

Nov 28, 2007
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Serbian Film, it was shit, inspirational some called it...I can't tell you about it because if I do, you will be curious and want to see for yourself...
Listen to this man. I only saw clips of it and...ugh.

For films I actually sat all the way through, Alone in the Dark. I saw House of the Dead first, and that movie was bad, but it was hilariously so. This is an actual verbal exchange in HotD.

Rudy (main character): You did all this to become immortal? Why?

Main Bad Guy: To live forever!

I was expecting more of the same with AitD. I was so, so wrong. Only enjoyable thing about it was the overacting by Stephen Dorff, aka "that guy who consistently almost has a career".

AKDread

Yabadabadoo
Jun 1, 2012
thebobmaster said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
A Serbian Film, it was shit, inspirational some called it...I can't tell you about it because if I do, you will be curious and want to see for yourself...

For films I actually sat all the way through, Alone in the Dark. I saw House of the Dead first, and that movie was bad, but it was hilariously so. This is an actual verbal exchange in HotD.

I was expecting more of the same with AitD. I was so, so wrong. Only enjoyable thing about it was the overacting by Stephen Dorff, aka "that guy who consistently almost has a career".
We can all go on about uwe boll films and how bad they are, I do wanna see a Serbian film. Iv already seen some very messed up films, might as well add another to the list XD

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
"we need to talk about kevin"

Not because it wasn't good, but because it's depressing as all he'll!

Nov 28, 2007
AKDread said:
thebobmaster said:
TizzytheTormentor said:

We can all go on about uwe boll films and how bad they are, I do wanna see a Serbian film. Iv already seen some very messed up films, might as well add another to the list XD
Anything I say will just encourage you more, so all I'll say is this: I warned you.

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Hmmm. I actively regret watching very little, but I wish I'd never watched We Need To Talk About Kevin. Depressing to it's core, and somehow uninteresting on top of that...

Edit: Wow actually ninja'd on that one. Kudos RN!

Beautiful Tragedy

Jun 5, 2012
I walked out on Planes, Trains and Automobiles...

but i regret watching the transformers movies..Michael Bay is evil

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
Open Water and The Village run joint for most disappointing films i've ever forced myself to sit through.

Giftfromme

Nov 3, 2011
The movie where jude law goes around collecting organs from people who haven't paid. Good lord that was a giant suckfest, and the twist was the worst thing of all time, I imagine the grime at the bottom of the barrel is better than that twist in the movie

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
(Edited for wording again)

Napoleon Dynamite. As aptly put by the only review about it I remember, it felt like they were trying to market the film to a group they spent most of their time mocking. For a more personal (and possibly overanalytical) reaction: it felt like they were trying to make a Willy Loman-esque character (Death of a Salesman) - a positively pathetic character - but couldn't understand what makes such a character work is the environment, how that patheticness relates to that environment and how the character strives to overcome it, regardless of whether the outcome is triumphant or tragic. The film spent so much time hammering into our heads that the main characters were walking antisocial loser stereotypes that I felt they had to be going somewhere with it. But no. At the end of the film they'd established at most a half-baked production that made a point of mocking the characters without any actual motive for doing so other than a cheap laugh, compounded by a weak narrative lacking even an arching theme.[footnote]This paragraph has since been edited to [hopefully] better reflect my intended meaning, but as I've gotten several responses about this part of the post thus far, allow me to further clarify: No, I am not comparing Napoleon Dynamite to Death of a Salesman as distinct entitites. My intent was to say that it felt that the former was trying to invoke a character type the latter made famous and failed spectacularly due to its inability to understand what made Willy Loman a compelling character in the first place. Comparing the two on their own merits would be as pointless an endeavor as comparing Titanic the Legend Goes On to James Cameron's Titanic or the Last Airbender to the show from which it got its name. The only grounds for any of these, as far as I'm concerned is to point out the common source material and the failure of one to capture the essence it needed to make its material work.[/footnote]

The Good Shepherd. Honestly, I was looking at my watch within the first 15 minutes. It was that dull for me. The most disappointing thing to me is that while the material was there for a character arc, they never actually pulled one off. You could see the line of work as something that would inspire Damon's estrangement from his family, but no, he's distant by the time of the tryst that decides his wife for him. And honestly, for all the praise it got I found the acting to be painfully lacking. To me Damon didn't come off as a man hiding his emotions, he came off as a man doing a cold reading of the script in front of him. On the flip side, I did think that Jolie and Redmayne handled their roles well enough. My most vivid memory about it, however, was walking out of the theatre wondering if the movie honestly deserved the accolades it was getting or if people simply felt they had to like it because of the political undertones.