Films you could watch on a loop

Hugo Artenis Rune

Mar 19, 2009
Sad to say, The A-Team. It's crap, but they appear to be having so much fun in some of the scenes (tank drop?) that it's hard to not like it.

That said, I wouldn't *actually* watch it over and over.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I could when I was younger. I must have seen The Waterboy and Hot Shots Part Deux a dozen times each, but nowadays if I know what's happening I really can't see it again. I get about 20 minutes in and then get bored as I know what is coming next.

This only seems to happen with films. I can listen to songs, play games, read and often watch television shows I have seen again and again, but for some reason with films I can't get into them.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
Anything by Quinten Tarantino, his dialogue is all brilliantly written, I never get sick of any of his movies.

ninjaRiv

Aug 25, 2010
Lt._nefarious said:
Pineapple Express, John Dies at the End and The Avengers. Especially John Dies at the End, the film is like the second coming of movie Jesus. In fact, I have to thank the Escapist, cuz I heard about JDatE through a thread here, so thank you whoever made that thread, you opened my eyes to the best movie and book ever, of all time.
I enjoyed the JDatE movie fine but, compaered the book, I just can't like it. I want to like it, I was hyping the film up like crazy before it came out but I think a lot of what made the book so freaking great was lost in translation. Mostly due to low budget and it not being long enough. I like the guy who played John, though. I thought he was the best in the film.

OT: Avengers. I dunno, I can just keep watching it over and over.

Spikethebloody

Mar 10, 2013
I've probably watched V for vendetta about 12 times and Shawn of the dead about 9 times.
And i know it's a series and not a film but i'v watch all the episodes of X-files 6 times, that's quite sad really seeing as there about 215 episodes.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Life of Brian, The Holy Grail and The meaning of Liff, Clerks, Orgazmo, Baseketball, Jackie Brown, Reservoir Dogs...There are probably more, but that loop would probably do it for me.

Fuhrlock

Apr 1, 2012
Just off the top of my head:
Ghostbusters, Commando,Die Hard, The Room, The Wickerman (or any other 'bad' Nicholas Cage film), Empire Strikes Back,The Thing (1982...you know the one that is actually good), Life of Brian, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
I can't watch even my favourite films on a loop, It kills the magic. Really, I'd put as a reasonably large space of time between viewings of a beloved film so it still feels somewhat fresh.

dscross

Elite Member
Legacy
May 14, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Musclepunch said:
dscross said:
I love films which try to give the message that living in the moment is the way to a happy life and not to reply on superficial societal values. Films that point out that we are all stuck in social conditioning I also like (for similar reasons).
Ferris Bueller's day off and Office space come to mind.
I've never seen either of those. You think I'd like?

Musclepunch

Jan 9, 2010
MrCollins said:
Literally none, I can't stand re watching films, even once
I know what you mean, to me it feels like wasting time that could be spent watching a new film

dscross said:
Musclepunch said:
dscross said:
I love films which try to give the message that living in the moment is the way to a happy life and not to reply on superficial societal values. Films that point out that we are all stuck in social conditioning I also like (for similar reasons).
Ferris Bueller's day off and Office space come to mind.
I've never seen either of those. You think I'd like?
Well the message of Ferris is him and two others missing a day of school to experience life while dodging the headteacher (or principle, IDK) It's cheesy as hell but it's so cheesy it works. Office space is about a group of office workers and one of whom adopts the philsophy of going to work and not working. I won't spoil anything for you but they are about going against society's most oppressive institutions: education and employment

SaetonChapelle

May 11, 2010
Lt._nefarious said:
SaetonChapelle said:
Does Howard the Duck count? I may be the only one... Hm. Labyrinth!!!

Lt._nefarious said:
Pineapple Express, John Dies at the End and The Avengers. Especially John Dies at the End, the film is like the second coming of movie Jesus. In fact, I have to thank the Escapist, cuz I heard about JDatE through a thread here, so thank you whoever made that thread, you opened my eyes to the best movie and book ever, of all time.
I'm sad. I read "John Dies At The End", then watched the movie. I found the movie just terrible. Not even in terms of a book to movie title, but just as a movie in general. I would have loved a better adaptation, even if the movie had to be split into multiple parts. Oh well, back to "This Book is Filled With Spiders." xD
OMG, Just finished "This Book is Filled With Spiders."! It's so good and, I don't know about you, while it wasn't quite as hilarious (still hilarious though) as JDatE it scares the shit out me. Well JDatE scared me as well but, and I won't spoil it if you're not far through, "This Book is Filled With Spiders." has some scary ass moments. Like it gave me nightmares.
Ohhh, now I'm really excited. I haven't gotten far in it at all. I adored the first one, was given it as a recommendation by someone else and found it to be amazing~

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Weatherking said:
I watched Stalker, Solaris(the original Russian one) and 2001 when crazy feverish last year, it was really serene and meditative being lost to the world like that and watching those movies, I think it would be cool for me to be in that state forever.
Good choices, the last time I watched a movie while feverish it was Disney's Black Hole, which really is
Nightmare fuel all the way through
Up until the part where a red evil robot plunges a whirring array of blades into a main characters chest and we find ourselves literally in hell before the movie is over. That was a bad choice, a very, very, very bad choice. It's like Star Wars except the universe is a totally dark, squelched void where the only other character is a cruel sociopath and heroism is just barely enough to keep these people alive but not enough for them to escape.

So not that one obviously. I think I'd choose Arsenic and Old Lace and Rear Window. Arsenic and Old Lace is just an incredible play and the transfer of it to film has every good part of a tight, well rehearsed stage comedy and the benefits of being as close to the actors as possible. Rear Window is perfectly paced, it lets you slowly take in the environment the story takes place in and it's the viewers curiosity that drives the film as much as the main character's. The filming of it just beautiful,
This scene in particular, one of my favorites in film.

capper42

Nov 20, 2009
I once watched Fear and Loathing twice in a row, and that's the first time I've ever done that with any film. I also watched it several other times pretty close together, but to be honest I don't think I could do that now. I'm not sure if there's any films I could watch over and over again without getting bored.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
I used to watch Napoleon when I was around 5 or 6 at a friend's house.

But nowadays I could watch Hudson Hawk on repeat for the rest of my life and die a happy man. Best Bruce Willis movie EVAR no matter how much he denies it.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Wizard of Oz and Producers. Basically it acts as a sing along.
That, and Macross F.

britishpanda

May 4, 2013
hazabaza1 said:
Hot Fuzz. Really funny film, and some good action too.

Maybe Spirited Away as well. The atmosphere, the animation, the characters, all so good.
wow, i agree 100%, like this is literally what i was going to say. hot fuzz is hyper enough to keep my short attention span on it and the comedy is a bonus too, and because i grew up watching spirited away i could probably just play it continuously in the background of my life from now on. :)

Daniel Janhagen

Mar 28, 2011
Started watching Smokey and the Bandit when I was five or six, and since then I've seen it at least once a year, sometimes as many as 60 times a year. I wouldn't watch it twice in a row, but that's as close as I think I'll get.

edit: Oh no, that's untrue! Chasing Ghosts: Beyond the Arcade (the version that wasn't released - it has better music and stuff) I've actually watched on a loop a number of times. Ok, so that number is two. But still!

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
When I was ten or so, I think I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets surely twenty times in a month or so. If I rewatched it now I would probably still know all the lines and inflections by heart. Ah, good times.