Final Fantasy Teams Up With Fashion Line

Dec 14, 2009
MattAn24 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
MattAn24 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Well Squeenix has to earn money somehow.

I mean, they've already established that they can't make good games anymore.
And maybe you should learn to realize that they're not making games for you, so shut the fuck up? :p You *obviously* don't care for it, so why bother? Others *will* play it and like it for what it is, who are YOU to dictate otherwise?

Just because YOU don't like something, doesn't make it *terrible* for others. Hell, I hate everything about Mass Effect. But I don't give a flying fuck if people play it, it's just not my thing.

Why don't people just learn to GROW UP?
Holy passive aggressiveness Batman!

Compapred to what they used to do? Yeah, Squeenix don't make good games anymore.

Hearing a game was being made by Square used to excite nearly everyone, it used to excite me, but now they're just floundering, churning out diamonds.

Sure they're pretty to look at at, but they're not really fun to play with.
Again, *to you*. You're assuming everyone thinks exactly like you and that SquareEnix never makes any good games. YOU believe that. Believe whatever the hell you want, but what right do you have to tell others that the games they happen to like is the wrong option? Don't like it? Simple. Don't play it. You therefore have zero right to comment/complain/***** about it. There IS a massive fanbase for FFXIII and FFXIII, amid all the bitterness and rage. The people who DO happen to like it are sick of having to defend the games they happen to like. YOU don't think it's good. Fine. Don't force that opinion on others.
Yeah, CAPITALISING every OTHER word DOES not MAKE you POINT more VALID.

I have no right to complain? Do you know how silly that sounds? I can't complain that I find their games to not be up to the same standard as they used to?

I don't remember forcing my opinion on others either. Don't like it? Don't read it. That logic works both ways.

Am I bitter? No. Am I full of rage? No. Am I disappointed? Yes. Sqeenix has failed to deliver on a number of occasions, from making an MMO that was broken from the very beginning and lost huge amounts of money, to a game that essentially puts the game on autopilot for 40 hours.

You're right that it's my opinion, but I'm entitled to dislike them just as much as you are to complain about people disliking them.

Funny world, eh?

Shia-Neko-Chan

Apr 23, 2008
To put characters who had fashion sense in such ugly clothing is a tragedy. :|

The contrast of how good the clothes look in their world and the low fashion quality of what appears in ours is astounding.

This actually makes their clothing line look bad. You can't put a designed character with stylish clothing in simple dress suits and t-shirts. It just makes it look completely ridiculous.

try harder next time.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
Grey Day for Elcia said:
Try talking about their other recent games, sweetie. You know, the ones that caused the company to earn 90% less than they had wanted.
Oh right, like Final Fantasy Type-0 and Duodecim. Totally bankrupt. Or maybe Kingdom Hearts 3D and Theatrhythm. They're fucked now! Maybe you're talking about their other published games. Modern Warfare 3 and Arkham City definitely spell "doomed".

They've been teetering on the edge of bankruptcy for years and have caused more than a few developers to go bust. Every single Final Fantasy of late has been an exercise in how to piss of your userbase and has seen them throw moillions down the toilet. Square is a sinking ship. Go fanboi mode all you like.
I don't know if you're going off actual statistics or if you're just a mad nostalgia fanboy, but going for a different audience=/=going bankrupt.

The company has released train-wreck after train-wreck and will soon be down the drain.
Alright, there's...Final Fantasy XIV. And that's about it. Just about every other highly advertised game that they released got great sales and reviews.

Good try for baby's first troll.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Well thisn is genuinlly dissapointing. They just look like normal cloths. What a waste.
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.
A little less colorful, a little more body covering and slightly less torn.. yeah, I could see that being an ok look.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
This whole thing is one gigantic punchline. Since people have been calling Final Fantasy a fashion show for years.
Zachary Amaranth said:
I was expecting something more like this:

Being offered in stores near you.
I'll take ten of him!

Whelp.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
What's next? Going to Macy's and hearing "This is Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store in this mall." ?

thewaever

Mar 4, 2010
I'd've been much more interested if it was fashion inspired by the video games, rather than normal fashion with the video game characters' heads rather badly photoshopped onto models' bodies.

Sep 14, 2009
final fantasy characters + super old people golfing clothes ?

this just....

i mean i like the idea...but..

ehh...fashion is so subjective. you wouldn't catch me dead in those clothes.