Final Fantasy VII Remade On PlayStation 3, In LittleBigPlanet 2

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
i know how we can get closer to a Final Fantasy VII Remake, some just needs to see how much it costs to fund a project like that (including marketing and that) raise the funs them self, approach Square Enix and get them to support you by giving you a team noting that you have all the money and it wont cost them a dime and vola, the reason why Square Enix won't risk their own money of a project like remaking Final Fantasy VII is because because people won't buy a remake if there is a BLOODY F#@(^$ B*^@!%* OF A DOWNLOAD OF THE ORIGINAL GAME FOR MUCH LESS THAN A PS3 GAME, Square Enix doomed the thought of a remake when Final Fantasy VII was put up on PSN, only hard core fans will buy a remake and that's not good enough for profit for Square Enix

the only other way is for an Indy Game Developer to do it themselves, problem is that if they don't get sued before the game is done they'll get sued when they try and sell it just to prove how much can be made from the remake

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Memor-X said:
i know how we can get closer to a Final Fantasy VII Remake, some just needs to see how much it costs to fund a project like that (including marketing and that) raise the funs them self, approach Square Enix and get them to support you by giving you a team noting that you have all the money and it wont cost them a dime and vola, the reason why Square Enix won't risk their own money of a project like remaking Final Fantasy VII is because because people won't buy a remake if there is a BLOODY F#@(^$ B*^@!%* OF A DOWNLOAD OF THE ORIGINAL GAME FOR MUCH LESS THAN A PS3 GAME, Square Enix doomed the thought of a remake when Final Fantasy VII was put up on PSN, only hard core fans will buy a remake and that's not good enough for profit for Square Enix

the only other way is for an Indy Game Developer to do it themselves, problem is that if they don't get sued before the game is done they'll get sued when they try and sell it just to prove how much can be made from the remake
Yes. There is no way they'd get tens of millions of dollars in sales the first week alone.

It's not like they made millions off the train wreck that was Final Fantasy 13.

...oh shiiii...nevermind they made a grip even after people said it was shit.

You are probably right, they wouldn't make as much as they say they should have, nor would they spend as much as they say they would. That's just how development and publishing works.

Red-Link

Feb 10, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
as long as Cid busts through the door and says 'drink your goddamn tea" I'll be happy with this remake
Cid damn well made that game go from awesome to phenomenal. I love funny crotchety characters.

OT: I really couldn't get into LBG (granted I only played it with my friend who doesn't believe in any guidance or slack for the new guy), but I do think that this idea is awesome. It really shows both what you can do with the game and it shows a lot of hard work and heart on the part of the remakers. I hope this works out really well for them.

Raykuza

Jul 1, 2009
Who is Benjamin Heyna and why doesn't he want me to see things that are awesome?

HeySeansOnline

Apr 17, 2009
I don't know who Benjamin Heyna is, but I'm gonna destroy him. How dare he not let me see a fairly short video made with a game I don't have about a game I've never played.

Caiti Voltaire

Feb 10, 2010
Hey, wait, what? The creator had the youtube vid pulled on a copyright claim? Has he never heard the terms "derivative works"? FF is and always will be the intellectual property of Square and anything made using that IP is a derivative work.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Damn bloody copyright claims!

*hunts down Benjamin Heyna and kicks him in the shin*

Where can I find this video now?

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
I'd love to see it but for some reason Benjamin Heyna owns Final Fantasy or LittleBigPlanet 2 now according to Youtube.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
The video being pulled over copyright is not a good thing for the project.

That said, as much as I defend copyrights/patents and similar things, there is such a thing as going too far and getting ridiculous. Given the lack of interest in the owners of "Final Fantasy VII" actually remaking it, and even a claim that it's impossible to do with current technology which is too advanced for that level of content (yeah, what they claim), I fail to see what the big deal is, other than to avoid looking like idiots when some guy shows they can do it with the LBP building tools. :p

It's a balancing act bewteen freedom, and the protection of intellectual properties. This is one of the cases where I think it's getting ridiculous (much like most things pulled from Youtube for these reasons). It's probably too much to dream that Heyna is on an Anonymous hit-list and will soon be begging for mercy under a barrage of DDOS attacks.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
ArchBlade said:
Who cares if it's as good as a real remake? It's friggin' awesome! And it goes to show just the kind of creative freedom and customization we can hope to see in LBP2!

Ahh... I'm gonna start going insane now.
That's right, and sooner or later, you and your avatar are going to start trolling.

But yeah, I have a feeling that Square Enix is going to sue the creators of this in order to recoup the funds they put in FF XIV.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Still blows my mind that they didn't do anything HD with FFVII besides that horrible movie. Bad management, had this been Activision we'd have FFVII-IV by now. The consumer gets what it wants and the company gets to swim in a pool of money.

All those dunkets they could be counting, damn shame.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Oh hey, a topic about FF7.
*Insert fifteen paragraph long rant here about how FF7 sucks and Shin Megami Tensei is awesome*

i's b trollin'[footnote]Jeebzus Chris, I just realized how big this image is. Sorry guys, but it's just too perfect.[/footnote]​

Okay, seriously, though, I'm just going to ask a question. I'm not trying to start a flame war, and we're all reasonable people, so I think you guys can answer this one without being immature about it.

So... What the hell was so good about FF7?

I'd like to say something a bit more on topic, but... Video's down. Go figure.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Raykuza said:
Who is Benjamin Heyna and why doesn't he want me to see things that are awesome?
Damn him!

DAMN HIIIIIM!

I feel like I'm missing out now :(