Final Fantasy XIII Demo Detailed

Jared Rea

Aug 11, 2008
Final Fantasy XIII Demo Detailed

Japanese gamers will get a long-awaited taste of the next installment in Square-Enix's epic franchise on April 16, but there's a catch.

Ever since Square-Enix included a playable demo of Final Fantasy VII with the release of its forgotten fighting game chance [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tobal_No.1] at a glimpse of Final Fantasy XI. An unholy power, surely this must be.

On April 16, Japanese gamers will line-up for blocks for the opportunity to snag a PlayStation 3 demo of Square-Enix's flagship title, Final Fantasy: Advent Children Complete [http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/ff13/] on the Blu-Ray format. What did I just say about this incredible power it wields?

The demo, which was detailed in a recent issue of Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu and translated by 1UP [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3172975], will run about an hour in length and according to its director, Motomu Toriyama, it will "include the basic elements of the full game's battle system, but even that will be enough to make you want to play it several times through."

The willingness to play through the demo more than once may be tied to how the demo is divided into two playable sections: one that features the rebel leader, Snow Villiers, and another starring the already-famous, gun-toting heroine, Lightning. Lightning won't' be alone for her side of the demo, as she'll be joined by Sazh Katzroy, a black man with an afro which houses a baby Chocobo, continuing Square-Enix's respectable [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_no_Tom_Sawyer] role-models for african-american gamers.

Toriyama sounds quite excited about Sazh, saying "Sazh has a very bubbly personality; he's extremely expressive and a bit of a comedian character-wise, so he's the type who sticks out." Why, because he's black and has an afro? Find out for yourself should you be willing to import Advent Children Complete on April 16,

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
hour long demo? I think that'd be worth the price of a blu-ray movie, nothing gimmicky about it. Even the FFXII demo, that thankfully came with the awesome Dragon Quest VIII only lasted about 15 minutes.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
If I had nothing better to do then wait for the next FF game id prob queue up & buy the blu ray too...except I have neither a blu-ray player or PS3. AFAIK the film aint bad though so least theyre not making fans shovel shite to get a taste of their ambrosia

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Hey! Drakengard was a fine hack-and slash. It was simple and fun, and good for working out daily stress before "God of War." Anyway, the Demo means crud to me, as I have no interest in the games, but I do hope this movie comes out here. I'll probably end up getting it fan-translated, like I always end up getting japanese media (Aka: Mostly anime).

j.c.

Feb 26, 2009
So this is just Japan right? No word on when we get a demo states-side?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
They called her Lightning? Seriously?

That's the worst name ever... that's the kind of name an 8 year old would call his superman-inspired comic character.
Even Megaman has better names than this...

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
I see the problem that anyone who WANTS advent children, already owns it. Also when are we Xbox owners getting a demo?

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I can't wait for this game to come out. Stupid Japanese making me wait till next year.

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
*sigh* I need a copy of Advent Children: Complete. Thats all there is to it. Mock me as you will, but it's true, Square really know how to market this. I'm sold. Need that demo!

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Brotherofwill said:

That's the worst name ever... that's the kind of name an 8 year old would call his superman-inspired comic character.
That not her REAL name, it's more her nick name or code name. Her real name is supposed to be revealed some time throughout the game.

Feb 18, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Brotherofwill said:

That not her REAL name, it's more her nick name or code name. Her real name is supposed to be revealed some time throughout the game.
I´m slightly afraid of the moment of truth when I realize, Lightning was better after all.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
zombiepandaman said:
I wanted both of those things so it really isn't a problem to me.
Same, the complete Advent Children Blu ray looks dead good, it has like 10 new scenes and the FF13 demo is bonus.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
-Seraph- said:
Brotherofwill said:

I´m slighty afraid of the moment of truth when I realize, Lightning was better after all.
lol yes her true name turns out to be Thunder!! or Claudette

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
-Seraph- said:
Incredible Bullshitting Man said:
-Seraph- said:
Brotherofwill said:

I´m slighty afraid of the moment of truth when I realize, Lightning was better after all.
lol yes her true name turns out to be Thunder!! or Claudette
Can it possibly get worse than Lightning? That name could come from a Top Gun movie it's so bad.
What's up with the wierd sky or weather references anyway? Cloud and Snow or Terra, wow that's deep man. Given this trend she might end up being called Rain, Sky or Storm.
Why can't they just stick with slighly more normal names like Locke or Kefka...

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
How is Kefka a normal name? frankly I don't mind the eccentric names, it keeps it original and makes the characters more memorable. It may not be overly original, but it's enough the distinguish characters from other generic names.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
nova18 said:
zombiepandaman said:
I wanted both of those things so it really isn't a problem to me.
Same, the complete Advent Children Blu ray looks dead good, it has like 10 new scenes and the FF13 demo is bonus.
CLEAR!
*ZZZ* *PUMP*
CLEAR!
*ZZZ* *PUMP*
Oh man I want Advent Children so once this hits us stateside I'm gonna pick this up.