Final Fantasy XIII Demo is Enormous

AutumnGold

Apr 2, 2009
0.o 4gb of video??? the average movie is 700mb and thats 1.5 hours long. that means 6 hours of video o.0 good lord square arent you overdoing it a bit?

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Hey its going to be good so if it goes over a disk or 50 it means there putting a effort in Unlike them that will cram a game onto one disk

Have fun installing PS3 owners...

Arassar

Nov 25, 2008
AutumnGold said:
0.o 4gb of video??? the average movie is 700mb and thats 1.5 hours long. that means 6 hours of video o.0 good lord square arent you overdoing it a bit?
Actually, a 1080p movie (high-definition) with x264 compression is like... 6 or 7 gigs for 2+ hours. But unless FFXIII's movies are over an hour long there's really no excuse for them to be so huge. I don't think PS3 developers believe in compression. If they compressed stuff they might not have to install every disk before playing it...

I can't believe I just posted in a thread that's like 5 months old. *epic facepalm*

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
VitusPrime said:
Hey its going to be good so if it goes over a disk or 50 it means there putting a effort in Unlike them that will cram a game onto one disk
Agreed. Disc swapping > smaller game.