Final Fantasy XIII Not Due Overseas Until 2010

Tyrphanax

Dec 11, 2008
Final Fantasy should have ended with the first one; or they should change the name from "Final Fantasy". I'm really quite tired of seeing sequels for a game labeled "Final"; it seems to me that it's oxymoronic to have eleven plus final-somethings.

They're all horribly poorly-acted games anyway; I can't stand or bring myself to care about any of the characters, and that kills any vestiges of good gameplay for me, especially when I have to sit through twenty-five thousand unskippable, forty-five-minute-long cutscenes involving them and their angsty or overly-gung-ho attitudes. Which seems to be the case with anything involving anime or that is from Japan.

I won't be losing any sleep over missing this one, I could just go back and play one of the other ones and have the same experience. Or just play an entirely different game altogether and have an even better experience.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
If I have to wait, I'll wait. I'll be able to see if the changes will be a good thing or a bad thing (I rather enjoyed FF12, 'cause it was still, you know, the same sort of Final Fantasy deal, except in real real-time and with people moving around a little bit more, I mean, you introduce an "active" ATB and introduce actual movement into it and then suddenly everyone starts bitching about it. It's NOT THAT DIFFERENT."
Edit: Combat in FF13 doesn't look too different either, just maybe a little more cinematic, like what PoP tried to do. Difference is, Final Fantasy is more Turn-Based to begin with so you're not going to have much complaints about that.

Siuss

Nov 3, 2008
harhol said:
Siuss said:
harhol said:
Demo in three months though... can't wait.
Europe only? Link?
Japan only. It's mentioned in that link Onmi posted on the previous page. You don't need to live in Japan to have a Japanese PSN account....
PSN curses, wish I had a PS3 kinda, usually get enough console from the 360, so I've been a bit ignorant.

(That was a proper response to different console possession by the way, figured people may want to know what that looks like. Nice eh?)

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Onmi said:
dogstile said:
i don't think i will ever understand final fantasy

how do they work out the magic

size of breasts+skimpy outft=magic power?
Sage Tellah was a mage, he was an old dude.

i actually don't get this, exception being Lulu who only really had her cleavage showing most female mages are pretty covered.

or guys.

Chalking this up to "I don't actually know what i'm talking about, but I act like I do!"

fail my friend, maybe if you do some research you would stop failing.
actually, that was sarcasm, i don't pretend to know final fantasy, my message showed that

stop being so easy to annoy