Final Fantasy XIII Producer Wants a Sequel

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Anthony Yates said:
Wait, didn't they lose their fancy l'cie powers at the end of xiii. Good luck fixin that little plot device.
Lightning was still a trained soldier before she got her powers and the enemy soldiers showed that they could somewhat mimic magic as I recall as well. Perhaps her most iconic ability - Army of One - is purely weapon based as I recall, with no magic involved.

Wouldn't be entirely implausible for them to find away around it based on that.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
I don't want the FF XIII characters to have happy endings. They don't deserve it.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Final Fantasy XIII:2.

No, it just doesn't seem like it needs a sequel. I thought Lightning seemed happy at the end of the game, but it has been a while and maybe I'm being forgetful.

Feneture

Sep 11, 2010
How about they make a sequel to FF7.. Now that i'd pay good money for aslong as they don't make it the totally linear one-path game that FFXIII was! This might also help silence all the fans who want a remake of FF7 that's probably never gonna happen.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Nifty said:
I don't want the FF XIII characters to have happy endings. They don't deserve it.
They all got happy endings anyway as I recall.

Lightning got her sister back, found a new friend/"younger brother" figure in Hope and saved the world. She seemed pretty content.

Snow got his woman back and they were getting married with Lightning's blessing.

Sazh got his kid back and his Chocofro was safe.

Hope found a new family with Lightning, and was on good terms with his Dad and saved the world at a young age which meant he was going to be dripping in poon for the rest of his life.

Fang and Vanille...I dunno, they turned to crystals but they seemed pretty okay with that so I guess they were happy enough.

To me, they all seemed pretty happy with how it ended.

Feneture said:
How about they make a sequel to FF7.
They made two: Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. You really want another one?

Axeli

Jun 16, 2004
Jiraiya72 said:
I enjoyed this game. I'm pretty sure most of the haters have no valid reason for not liking it. So what it isn't like the rest? That doesn't make it a bad game. Just pretend it's named something else. Better now?
Hahaha... Oohhh, now I'm depressed.

Where would I even begin. Well, the battle system is so bad that the fans of this games need to argue for it even being gameplay (which it is) rather than it being good gameplay (which it is not). The leveling up system replaces any real customization or choice with pretty colors and hopes that will distract the player from the fact.
And don't get me started on how fucking irritating the encounters progressively become. No challenge, just a shit-ton of HP for enemies. And since you can't avoid the most of them, you end up playing the same 10 minute fight (where you do nothing but switch between healing/attacking paradigms) over and over until you go insane.

Characterizations makes no sense, character development is erratic and is full of They start as one dimensional and flanderized archetypes and end up being just boring after they eventually smooth out the more ridiculous behavior.

The plot is just contrived and forcibly turns around the story from a somewhat original (or at least not as clichéd) premise and could as well make the characters yell things like "Let's save the world!" or "Power of Friendship!".

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
They need the fans to want it? Well, good luck with that.

Try making a non-shit game first, then we can talk about sequels. Even if the game was half-decent (like, let's say X) the sequel wasn't exactly up to par anyway. It's not like they already have 2 other games in the XIII universe that still need to prove their worth.

Just keep making new FF games, I thought that's why they always play in a different universe.
Well accutaly, FFversus13 and FFagito13 I believe are both in the FF13 universe.

Jumpingbean3

May 3, 2009
Why would they want to expand the universe of FFXiii it was confusing enough the first time (no I never read the information thingy that that explains how everything works, I'm here to play a game and have fun not sit around and read an 1 hour long explanation of everything that the game couldn't be bothered to explain with this little thing called exposition) and why follow the story of THESE characters when the only one that was remotely likeable or behaved reasonably was Sazh (I hope I've spelt that right).

Pink_Pirate

Jul 11, 2009
well FFXIII was a lot better then FFX, and FFX-2 had the best combat system of any FF. So im all for this.

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
Amnestic said:
Nifty said:

Lightning got her sister back, found a new friend/"younger brother" figure in Hope and saved the world. She seemed pretty content.

Snow got his woman back and they were getting married with Lightning's blessing.

Sazh got his kid back and his Chocofro was safe.

Hope found a new family with Lightning, and was on good terms with his Dad and saved the world at a young age which meant he was going to be dripping in poon for the rest of his life.

Fang and Vanille...I dunno, they turned to crystals but they seemed pretty okay with that so I guess they were happy enough.

To me, they all seemed pretty happy with how it ended.
I'm deeply disturbed about Snow having a happy ending. He was just about the worst man in the world.

*edit* Also, I just reported my own post by accident. Be gentle, mods.

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Amnestic said:

It would have even better if someone just randomly kicked Hope off the nearest cliff (let's face it, Hope is the most hated character of that entire game.. for all good reasoning), and Lightning sucker-punted Snow once more for kicks (For all his "Hero's don't need plans" garbage and horrible trenchcoat attire).

Sadly, this did not happen.

OT: The one game I've ever played where the first Fal'Cie I fought took me two fucking hours to get to him to zero HP deserving of DLC? Hell no!

mirror's edgy

Sep 30, 2010
I completely agree.
This game does deserve it's own FF X-2.
Because some people still like the stupid thing

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Since in the only sequel (game) they've produced, they pulled a complete and utter character assassination on the main character (Yuna becoming a freakishly jealous bunnyboiler, anyone?) I'm moe than happy for SE to lay off making any more sequels. Apart from KH3. They need to get their asses in gear on that one, sharpish.

dead_rebel

Jan 13, 2010
Lightning gets reunited with her sister. Her sister marries her love interest. Sazh reclaims his son.

Am I missing something? It WAS a happy ending!

Nifty

Sep 30, 2008
ShadowsofHope said:
It would have even better if someone just randomly kicked Hope off the nearest cliff (let's face it, Hope is the most hated character of that entire game.. for all good reasoning), and Lightning sucker-punted Snow once more for kicks (For all his "Hero's don't need plans" garbage and horrible trenchcoat attire).
No, no, I disagree. Once I found out that Hope wanted to stab Snow in the head, he became my favourite character.

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
...even if it means making a whole new game.
What? A -new- game? I wish there was a game to begin with. All I saw was a menu system with some bouncing animations and terrible voice acting/writing.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
FF13 Producer said:
Final Fantasy XIII Producer Wants a Sequel
Then write a book. Shoot a movie. ANYthing but another linear progression of cutscenes and A-B hall ways. We already know that such a sequel will be exactly that, so, why fight it? Make it into a medium that embraces this fact! A movie! A book! A comic-book!!

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
Nifty said:
ShadowsofHope said:
No, no, I disagree. Once I found out that Hope wanted to stab Snow in the head, he became my favourite character.
Between Snow and Hope, Hope has redemption on that category.

..But he is still the overtly whiny/cowardly/utter-lacking-of-self-esteem/annoying parrot runt of the group, in the end.