Final Fantasy XV Confirmed For 2016 Release

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Dalisclock said:
Affordablequote said:
You're all so fucking depressing.
Final Fantasy XIII and it's ilk were depressing(in pretty much every way possible). That and TWO MMO's and one MMO wannabe have a lot of us feeling that the last real Final Fantasy game was IX or X(depending on where you draw the line).
I drew the line at FF6, sadly enough. FF9 was alright, but it didn't compare to 6. The closest thing in recent times, for me, is FF14. Granted it is an MMO but, it's one with a decent story thus far and the appearance of some notable FF6 creatures makes me want to see where they're taking the story next. Also, Warriors of Darkness made an appearance, which is pretty cool, too.

Not looking forward to this FF entry; its showcasing of graphics and cinematics lead me to believe they don't have much in the way of story in this one. Going to pass on getting it, unless I come across information about the story actually being decent.

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
Wait... is it April Fool's Day already? This definitely feels like an article that should have gone up on April 1st, not January 1st.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Well good to see that Cloud Queen of the desert will be released eventually.

RisenStorm

Jan 6, 2016
Dalisclock said:
Affordablequote said:
This is Humor, Good Sir.

Final Fantasy XIII and it's ilk were depressing(in pretty much every way possible). That and TWO MMO's and one MMO wannabe have a lot of us feeling that the last real Final Fantasy game was IX or X(depending on where you draw the line).

SE wants us to believe in the series again, they need to actually deliver a good game for the first time in 15 years. The trust we used to have is no longer there.

Or they could just give in, admit they really just want to make movies and just make movies from now on.

Edited for content.

Well, time to raise my nuclear shields.

*Deep breath*

I had fun with the XIII series.

Sure, their stories aren't great (he said rather optimistically). Their gameplay, though, I found to be enjoyable enough that I finished all three games.

Sure, they're not games I see myself replaying, at least not anytime soon, but I don't think they were the devil incarnate like many FF fans think.

I found it more engaging than FFVII, at least.

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
PC version or the highway! This game looks really good, so I hope they won't ignore selling extra copies.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
dragongit said:
Affordablequote said:
I have to agree. People are quick to shit on this before we've even gotten our hands on it. People say the demo is good, if they keep up with that it should be at the very least a "good" game. I have confidence it will be "very good" to "great". People go on as though it shouldn't be finished because it was in development so long, and then what should Square do? They would be worse off NOT finishing it, and making no money off it, then releasing it to slightly depressing sales. For all we know it could still be a break through release. Especially if they added say... a demo for another upcoming title.I will be buying this day one, for sure.
Now you know how I feel when people shits on Batman v Superman and the Warcraft movie.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
dragongit said:
Affordablequote said:
I have to agree. People are quick to shit on this before we've even gotten our hands on it. People say the demo is good, if they keep up with that it should be at the very least a "good" game. I have confidence it will be "very good" to "great". People go on as though it shouldn't be finished because it was in development so long, and then what should Square do? They would be worse off NOT finishing it, and making no money off it, then releasing it to slightly depressing sales. For all we know it could still be a break through release. Especially if they added say... a demo for another upcoming title.I will be buying this day one, for sure.
Now you know how I feel when people shits on Batman v Superman and the Warcraft movie.
I will personally say I don't really have an interest in the Batman Superman movie, but thats mostly because I'm not a huge fan of DC to begin with. The Warcraft movie however I do have an interest in.