Find Out Who Earned the Most Money in Hollywood in 2010

Droppa Deuce

Dec 23, 2010
DROP A DEUCE!

How did Lautner earn more than Rob Pattinson? I've only seen 20 minutes of the first Twilight film, but isn't Rob (sparling vampire) the main actor and Tyler (Native American werewolf) a supporting act?

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Greg Tito said:
I guess I'm just bitter that Lautner somehow grossed $33.5 million for those silly Twilight movies.
Could be worse... Charlie Sheen makes more than 40 million a year from Two and a Half Men alone, at 2 million per episode.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I had a feeling Johny Depp will be in the list, hes in everything now lol
leonardo dicaprio has had a good run with films i think, ive pretty much enjoyed all the films hes been in.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Ooooh, big surprise that Cameron takes number one. I was kinda expecting some others to show up. Though, Todd Phillips was a surprise. Burton's still a displeasing taste for what he did to Wonderland, and I'm not fond of him for making such an amount for rape, but hey--if we paid Spielberg to rape Indy, I guess we can pay Burton to rape Alice...

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Why do people still defend Avatar as not being a generic cash in with 3D? My hatred of Cameron is massive now.
Still, I don't hate the film industry as much as I hate the music industry at this point. The people who make the most money in the music industry are the ones who don't even like music, they're just in it to exploit teenagers for money.

PorkChopXpress

Huzzah!
Aug 8, 2010
The money people get to play dress up and pretend...ridiculous. Meanwhile, people have jobs where their lives are tested daily and no one gives a shit, and they don't get properly paid.

I appreciate the entertainment they provide, but that's too much money.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Why do people still defend Avatar as not being a generic cash in with 3D? My hatred of Cameron is massive now.
Still, I don't hate the film industry as much as I hate the music industry at this point. The people who make the most money in the music industry are the ones who don't even like music, they're just in it to exploit teenagers for money.
Because some people genuinely enjoyed the movie. Most people know that it wasn't a cinematic masterpiece and they know its pretty unoriginal with mediocre writing. However that doesn't mean they can't find it enjoyable, it was a fun ride and I really enjoyed it. Though it seems that Cameron is now an acceptable target for making it.

I'm not surprised though, anyone that makes a movie that becomes popular will often get the flack for it. Hell Nolan gets a lot of flak for making Inception, The Dark Knight series and such. I doubt many would have been giving Avatar the hate its getting if it hadn't been as popular as it was.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
kaizen2468 said:
Reading this stuff sickens me with jealousy and reinforces my rationalization of piracy.
im with ya buddy XD

gellert1984

Apr 16, 2009
I'm curious, is this estimated net profit or gross income? If its gross income then tax's, agents cut and kookie religion tax are gonna carve a sizable whole in those big numbers.

House_Vet

Dec 27, 2009
Burningsok said:
halbarad said:
Man. I still hate the fact that so many people bought into the overwhelmingly mediocre film that is Avatar.
ya... fuck Sam Worthington. How in the world did he get an acting job???

There's nothing 'Worthington' about him.

[sub][sub]I know, that was god awful LOL XD[/sub][/sub]
Apparently because Jake Gyllenhaal didn't want the part...

Iwana Humpalot

Jan 22, 2011
ciortas1 said:
The only way Cameron deserved those 250 million is by knowing how to exploit the masses with his terribly written derivative film using shiny graphics and cat sex.
Yeah, it was horrible, thank god i didn't pay for it.

minespatch

Jan 13, 2011
ciortas1 said:
The only way Cameron deserved those 250 million is by knowing how to exploit the masses with his terribly written derivative film using shiny graphics and cat sex.
Does this mean the extended scene was just to show how much of a furry he is?

:D

Feb 13, 2008
NaramSuen said:
Not a single woman or minority among them. Way to go Hollywood!
Hold on a tic, so any list that doesn't have a woman or minority (regardless of skill) is wrong?

Don't you think that's a LITTLE too demanding?

Kristen Stewart is #13, only beaten by Lautner because he got a better sub-film. Will Smith is #11.

As for the top 10

#1: Canadian/Scottish
#2: American/French
#3: Jewish-American
#4: British
#5: American/German/Italian/Russian
#6: American
#7: Jewish-American
#8: American
#9: Mixed German, French, Dutch, Native American.
#10: Irish/Russian Jewish/German/Scottish

That come from an American corporation that work primarily in America from American money. Hmmmm.

NaramSuen

Jun 8, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
NaramSuen said:
Not a single woman or minority among them. Way to go Hollywood!
Hold on a tic, so any list that doesn't have a woman or minority (regardless of skill) is wrong?

Don't you think that's a LITTLE too demanding?

Kristen Stewart is #13, only beaten by Lautner because he got a better sub-film. Will Smith is #11.

As for the top 10

#1: Canadian/Scottish
#2: American/French
#3: Jewish-American
#4: British
#5: American/German/Italian/Russian
#6: American
#7: Jewish-American
#8: American
#9: Mixed German, French, Dutch, Native American.
#10: Irish/Russian Jewish/German/Scottish

That come from an American corporation that work primarily in America from American money. Hmmmm.
There seems to be a miscommunication here. I was neither demanding anything nor was I saying the list was, in your words, wrong; I was making an observation based on factual evidence. The entire top 40 has three black men (no black women) and six caucasian women; neither of these two groups are represented in the top 10.

In addition, the word minority does not mean foreigner. The United States of America has many talented American citizens working in many American industries who happen to come from minority backgrounds. I am confused as to what you are implying in your last sentence.