Fire Emblem: Awakening Gets Tactical on February 4

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Fire Emblem is one of those franchises that I always appreciate they exist, but I'm never able to finish.

Good for 3DS owners.

Rabid Toilet

Mar 23, 2008
Well crap, now I'm actually tempted to buy a 3DS.

Maybe the price will drop before it comes out.

...I can dream, can't I?

gamerguy20097

Jun 14, 2011
Wow. Nary a negative Nintendo post in sight! How rare and unexpected escapist community. Gold star. And yes fire emblem is king.

"Edit" Now if nintendo has only 3 franchises (mario, metroid, and zelda) that they milk to death, maybe this can shut them up! Everyone forgets fire emblem when they ***** about nintendos milking machines.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Sarah LeBoeuf said:
The first 3DS entry in the Fire Emblem series allows your characters to marry and have children for the first time.
Probably not the first to say this, but I don't care:

Well, first time since Genealogy of the Holy War, anyway.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Grenge Di Origin said:
A Smooth Criminal said:
Wrong. This game isn't the first one that allows you to marry and have children. Fire Emblem Thracia 776 was the first game that allowed characters to fall in love and have children. They removed the feature in later games and instead opted for simply allowing characters to fall in love, having some of them marry at the end.
Also wrong. It was Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu that had it.

Thracia 776 was a "mid"quel that took place during Seisen no Keifu to show Leaf Faris Claus' side of the story, up until the start of Seisen no Keifu's chapter 9.

But Sarah LeBoeuf does need to get her facts straight. The "generation" system has been done before in the series.

Also, if Nintendo's announcing a special edition Fire Emblem 3DS like they did in Japan, I'm preordering it.
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2012/03/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds.jpg
Here's an unboxing video:
<youtube=nSzTgLBX71E>
Here's the supposed American boxart for the game itself:
http://i.imgur.com/aH4Lf.jpg
And here's what the GameFaqs boards say is arguably the best song from the game:
<youtube=MfvY1S-j67k>
That is awesome, only 60 days left.

I never heard of those first two games though. Were they Japan only?

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Great. Another game I absolutely must buy.

Why must you torment me Nintendo? Why?

Battleaxx90

Jul 8, 2011
Halyah said:
While I am pleased to finally know when this game comes out so I know when need to set aside money for it, I do have to ask one question... Why in the coldest reaches of Niflheim does Europe have to wait until -APRIL- for the release?!

Makes me hate the retarded region bullshit even more than I already did.
I know that feel, bro. If you ever find yourself raging over the fact that a game gets released stateside months before the European release, just do as I do and remember the fact that Europe got Xenoblade Chronicles FIVE MONTHS before America got it. That alone makes this wait worth it. It makes ANYTHING worth it.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

On a related note, Xenoblade FTW.

Arcadian Legend

Blame your fate!
Jan 9, 2012
gamerguy20097 said:
Wow. Nary a negative Nintendo post in sight! How rare and unexpected escapist community. Gold star. And yes fire emblem is king.

"Edit" Now if nintendo has only 3 franchises (mario, metroid, and zelda) that they milk to death, maybe this can shut them up! Everyone forgets fire emblem when they ***** about nintendos milking machines.
Metroid gets milked to death? o_O Pokemon would be a better example I think.

Daw

Apr 6, 2009
I'm not sure i like the idea of making characters have kids to get the stats you want, It feels.. grindy, on top of already somewhat grindy requirements. But i do like the series. ^_^

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I really need to finish the one on the Wii sometime. I had a fucking load of fun with it.
Doubt I'll be getting a 3DS just for this though.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Grenge Di Origin said:
A Smooth Criminal said:
Wrong. This game isn't the first one that allows you to marry and have children. Fire Emblem Thracia 776 was the first game that allowed characters to fall in love and have children. They removed the feature in later games and instead opted for simply allowing characters to fall in love, having some of them marry at the end.
Also wrong. It was Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu that had it.

Thracia 776 was a "mid"quel that took place during Seisen no Keifu to show Leaf Faris Claus' side of the story, up until the start of Seisen no Keifu's chapter 9.

But Sarah LeBoeuf does need to get her facts straight. The "generation" system has been done before in the series.

Also, if Nintendo's announcing a special edition Fire Emblem 3DS like they did in Japan, I'm preordering it.
http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/files/2012/03/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds.jpg
Here's an unboxing video:
<youtube=nSzTgLBX71E>
Here's the supposed American boxart for the game itself:
http://i.imgur.com/aH4Lf.jpg
And here's what the GameFaqs boards say is arguably the best song from the game:
<youtube=MfvY1S-j67k>
This 3DS made me nearly jizz my pants but I stopped in time to realize that it'll never reach me and I can't even import it because of the stupid region lock :c

But, damn I'm so happy that the game is soon upon us (even though I have to wait two more months... again because I can't import it 8C)

gamerguy20097

Jun 14, 2011
Arcadian Legend said:
gamerguy20097 said:

Metroid gets milked to death? o_O Pokemon would be a better example I think.
Its what the haters say, not what actually happens. Whenever there is an anti nintendo post saying that all nintendo does is milk their franchises to death over and over again, they always bring up those 3.(Because all nintendo ever does is milk those three and make casual crap according to them) The haters never mention fire emblem or animal crossing or the other first party Nintendo games. I hope people remember fire emblem when they consider talking about nintendos milking habits. Considering there is a pokemon theme park in japan, I'd agree its milked more than metroid but that isn't hater logic.