First Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC Features the Return of Frank Pritchard

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
First Deus Ex: Mankind Divided DLC Features the Return of Frank Pritchard

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1347/1347194.jpgAdam Jensen's Sarif Industries colleague Frank Pritchard will return in the first DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

The first DLC for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been announced. System Rift will bring back a familiar face from Human Revolution - Frank Pritchard. The former head of cyber-security at Sarif Industries will be asking Jensen to help him hunt down information on the mysterious Santeau Group.

Jensen and Pritchard will have to break into one of the most secure data banks in existence, known as the Palisade Blade. Along the way, Adam will find more clues as to who the Illuminati might actually be.

If you're at PAX West this weekend, you can get the lowdown on the new DLC by attending the Eidos-Montreal Presents: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided panel in the Hydra Theater tomorrow. The panel will start at 3 PM PT on Saturday, September 3, and will feature Andreas Apergis (the voice of Frank Pritchard), Elias Toufexis (the voice of Adam Jensen), and Sascha Dikiciyan (composer of the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided soundtrack).

The System Rift DLC will launch on September 23 on PC, PS4, and Xbox One for $11.99. If you'd like to get both planned story DLCs, as well as a number of other in-game items, you can grab the Season Pass for $29.99.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Wait there are only two story DLC's? If one DLC costs 11.99 it stands to reason the other would cost the same thing. So why in the world would anyone buy a season pass for $30 when you can get the majority of its important content for $24?

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Blazing Hero said:
Wait there are only two story DLC's? If one DLC costs 11.99 it stands to reason the other would cost the same thing. So why in the world would anyone buy a season pass for $30 when you can get the majority of its important content for $24?
You actually never know if story DLC's will be priced the same. It depends on if they're equivalent in gameplay hours.

Besides, the rest of that $30 is probably gonna be expended on some bullshit about the Breaching minigame or whatever. Extra levels for that and whatnot.

Which is why Season Passes are almost as big a sucker's bet as pre-ordering.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Fuckin hell, they don't hang about! Not only is the game separated into at least 2 parts, with a tacked on F2P game and in-game microtransactions, but they have their story DLC all prepped not much more than a week after release. Squeenix, stop fucking milking your damn customers for all their worth! Ugh...what a way to piss over a developer's hard-crafted work.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I hate to the be the guy but " break into one of the most secure data banks ion existence" Change "ion" to "in".

As for the game I really wanted it but the microtransactions killed it for me. Maybe in a few years if they get rid of that I'll want it.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Xan Krieger said:
I hate to the be the guy but " break into one of the most secure data banks ion existence" Change "ion" to "in".

As for the game I really wanted it but the microtransactions killed it for me. Maybe in a few years if they get rid of that I'll want it.
Thats why I love PC games that pull that shit on PC because with a flick of a wrist I can get anything i want like credits or praxis points. Tho I save that for funsies games just like god mode xD

For those wondering im referring to trainers which are simple programs you run while game is in play and they often work like cheats best used tho for when your playing on a 2nd or 3rd play sense they can make shit way to easy xD

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Veldie said:
Xan Krieger said:

Thats why I love PC games that pull that shit on PC because with a flick of a wrist I can get anything i want like credits or praxis points. Tho I save that for funsies games just like god mode xD

For those wondering im referring to trainers which are simple programs you run while game is in play and they often work like cheats best used tho for when your playing on a 2nd or 3rd play sense they can make shit way to easy xD
Yeah I've used trainers before, amazingly useful programs. So many games these days forget the joys of cheating like back in the old days with Starcraft or Empire Earth.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Xan Krieger said:
Veldie said:
Xan Krieger said:

Yeah I've used trainers before, amazingly useful programs. So many games these days forget the joys of cheating like back in the old days with Starcraft or Empire Earth.
exactly why I love em. Sometimes its fun to just sit back and blow some steam off and play in god mode as you murder everything with endless ammo or a RTS where you cant loose and play in stupid ways

Oct 22, 2011
Screw Prickchard. Where's my girl, Malik?

(seriously though, Pritchard was a cool character, but i'd like to see her more)

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
MrCalavera said:
They're avoiding mentioning her due to being dead for many players.
In other news Bethesda has announced a Fallout 4 DLC where you team up with Marcy Long. ...Seriously, did anybody like Pritchard?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
In other news Bethesda has announced a Fallout 4 DLC where you team up with Marcy Long. ...Seriously, did anybody like Pritchard?
What kind of horrible heartless person would let her die? She was so cute, I loved her. Also I liked Pritchard, he reminded me of me though I did want to punch him repeatedly.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
What kind of horrible heartless person would let her die? She was so cute, I loved her. Also I liked Pritchard, he reminded me of me though I did want to punch him repeatedly.
It's kind of difficult to keep a nonlethal run if you want to save Malik.
I just hope it's possible to be non-stealth and non-lethal simultaneously in Mankind Divided.
I want to be a super-cyborg who shrugs off bullets and punches people, not what we got in human revolution; a wuss who needed a candy bar to do 2 punches in a row and was so squishy that an overweight old man with a 10mm was legitimately capable of killing you.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
As usual it's better to wait for the goty directors cut that fixes most of the issues

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Souplex said:
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
I just hope it's possible to be non-stealth and non-lethal simultaneously in Mankind Divided.
I want to be a super-cyborg who shrugs off bullets and punches people, not what we got in human revolution; a wuss who needed a candy bar to do 2 punches in a row and was so squishy that an overweight old man with a 10mm was legitimately capable of killing you.
That's why I'm so hesitant to do a non-lethal run, my way of dealing with that part of the game involves the heavy machinegun with no overheating and no recoil.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Blazing Hero said:
12 dollars depending on the length isn't bad actually. I doubt it'll be remotely as long or in depth as a Witcher 3 dlc story, but it isn't terribly expensive.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
That's why I'm so hesitant to do a non-lethal run, my way of dealing with that part of the game involves the heavy machinegun with no overheating and no recoil.
It took me a few tries, but saving Malik wasn't that bad non lethal- there's sorta an optimal path you can run on the right, using the stun gun (or candy bars and takedowns I guess) for the most part. I think there's a robot you have to EMP, too, so I guess not having a grenade or the typhoon handy makes it trickier. It's messed up that you sorta need the most lethal weapon in the game, the typhoon, to make a non lethal run more viable, but there it is.

As far as Pritchard dlc but no mentions of Malik at all- what the fuck though, Malik had a whole cool sidequest where she showed up in person outside of the office and everything, Pritchard just sorta whines at us to do a couple things. #fuckpritchard

Also- "Along the way, Adam will find more clues as to who the Illuminati might actually be."
Adam, the Illuminati is the Illuminati. There's no mystery there.

Oct 22, 2011
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
That's why it would be a good idea to put her in the DLC. That way people that are okay with letting her die(aka Souless Monsters) could just not buy the extra content. Besides, it's not like Deus Ex series are known of being big on keeping continuity...

joshuaayt said:
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
Xan Krieger said:
Souplex said:
MrCalavera said:
snip
what a snip
yeah, snip
I dropped non-lethal way at that point. Even though i've invested my praxis almost exclusively in stealth and hacking i didn't have much problem with saving Malik after that decision. I can see how people could give up if they were going for Pacifist achievent, but for me, after localising the perps, the assault rifle and some EMPs were just enough to get the work done.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
ffronw said:
Jensen and Pritchard will have to break into one of the most secure data banks ion existence, known as the Palisade Blade.
In, not Ion. Sorry to nitpick. I know these things slip through the proofreading sometimes (God knows it's happened with me.)

In other news, it's so painfully obvious where Squeenix ripped parts out of the game for DLC or to make hanging plot threads for Deus Ex; Invisible War 2... I really, really hope someone competent buys the Deus Ex license off of them to spare the brilliant Eidos Montreal studio from being nagged by the Squeenix Suits even more every time they make a game like this.

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
MrCalavera said:

(seriously though, Pritchard was a cool character, but i'd like to see her more)
She's alive, check out the cereal Easter egg available on your return to Prague in Adams apartment.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I just yesterday made a post saying how much I missed him. But of course, they always had him, it's just been partitioned away into DLC. Who wants to bet it's going to be just like that shitty "Jensen's Story" day one DLC mission where you teleport around the city talking to NPCs (with the travel time skipped, making it obvious it was a side mission they decided to cut from the main game) before starting off at the mission area with a bunch of Praxis points.