First Escapist Show

poptart123

Mar 26, 2009
I want to know how you were brought to the escapist. For me, my friend sent me a link to Zero Punctuation's review of Sonic.From then on, I was in love with the website. So once again, what is the show that brought you to the escapist?

Piusium

May 21, 2011
I read a lot of webcomics (I mean, really, a LOT), so I was shown Zero Punctuation's Webcomic episode.

FuktLogik

Jan 6, 2010
ZP all the way. Someone linked me to his youtube vid of his first Fable review a few month before Fable 2 came out and I laughed my ass off. I then went and watched all his other reviews, and have been coming here every Wednesday since. In fact, I've never watched anything but ZP on this site and only started reading and posting on the forums recently.

Megabobster

Mar 18, 2011
I saw on some Minecraft forum (probably the "official" one) that there was a ZP of Minecraft. Addicted since then!

smartengine

Mar 23, 2010
It was the Zero Punctuation.... like 90% of the people here....
a friend showed it to me.

on a completely unrelated note, does anyone miss Doomsday arcade?

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Well I don't think you would be surprised if I said that Zero Punctuation brought me here :D

Then I started to look at the forums and topics a bit more day by day, then I made my account over a year ago, and I am on this website at least once a day. :)

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
I was linked Yahtzee's Assassin's Creed review a couple of years ago and laughed myself out of my chair, so I stuck around.

Glad I did, because now there are tonnes of great content here.

LtWiesel

Jul 26, 2010
Well, I saw ZP and extra credit before it was on the escapist, so I guess it was Unskippable for me.

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Zero Punctation was my first encounter with the site. Took probably a year before I started lurking on the site, to find what else existed on the site. Then I lurked for some months and ended up here.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
I was looking up Fable vids on Youtube and the stark yellow of Yahtzee's characteristic background caught my eye. Then his Darkness review (cause the Fable one was funny), then watched his video about how he had a show on the Escapist. So I searched it, found it, watched the latest episode (which, at the time, was Army of Two) and then worked my way through. Noticed the forum sidebar and the rest, as they say, is history.

thetruefallen

Mar 12, 2008
a friend told me back in like 2007 of a insane British guy who did game critique and always wears a trilby like me, so i checked it out and ZP was one of the greatest things the internet ever produced.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
For the love of all that is holy, use the search bar!
Please!

We have this thread every week.
"What brought you to the escapist?"
"Why did you come here?"
"What made you join the forum?"

And the answer is always the same: Zero punctuation. Seriously. Quit it.

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
The Loading Ready Run episode where Graham is a waiter in the bathroom. Think ive been watching each week since.