First F.E.A.R. 3 Promo Art Revealed

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Jaredin said:
Its not exacrlyt what I thought of it...a little, underwhelming?

Its suffering from the ME2 box art problem of trying to be too generic and not offend anyone...despite the face thats what this series has been made to do...well, scare us to S*** anyway lol
Or startle us into Cardiac arrest, at least.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
xDHxD148L0 said:
I heard these games were good, are they worth checking out?
Yeah, absolutely. The first game had more of a horror thing going on, which I thought was very effective (although there were those who disagreed) while the second is more of a straightforward shooter. The AI was a little less impressive in the second too, I thought, although that could be a consequence of the level design: The original was almost all indoors, office environments, which took some criticism for being overly repetitive but also maximized the capabilities of the enemy AI and made for some incredibly intense fights. The second one... again, just a bit more average, but still well worth playing.

If you're interested in the story, you really need to play them in order (although you can easily skip the expansions, since they're essentially non-canon at this point; fun enough to play as action games but meaningless to the story). There's a lot going on in the second game that will only really make sense if you have knowledge of the original.
Thanks, I'll try and see if I can get any used copies anywhere or see if they're on Steam.

Rickenbacker

Mar 24, 2010
I'm looking forward to it, even though it's unfortunately named "Effthreearr". The first two games were damn good action filled shooters, and I don't expect this one to be different.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I hope they pull out all the stops on this one.
Fear 2 was so much just... "FEAR 1 ... again". The level variety was much welcomed, but they really need to give this series some pizazz. I don't know how, but if it's just the same game AGAIN I really don't think I'll be going for it this time.

Here's an idea: let me use psychic powers that aren't just bullet time!

They have to understand that Alma is growing towards familiarity for us. While I really like her character, you can't keep using the same tricks on us over and over. Mix it up a bit!

xavierxenon

Aug 10, 2009
DO WANT! NAO!

No really, F.E.A.R. is probably one of my favourite series to date, so I'm really excited for the release of this. Ah, how I do love a proper horror game that is actually scary, we really need more of them this generation.

undyingdh777

Red Lantern
Jun 25, 2008
As much as people seem to give this game crap, I'll say I'm quite excited for this next installment.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay, I'm callin' this....

F.3.A.R. will have a silent protagonist with a mysterious past and amazing reflexes who will be called in to fight against hordes of heavily-armed supersoldiers. Along the way he will have hallucinations involving a creepy little girl, and people will be horribly mutilated by an invisible force. Also, there will be a cliffhanger ending.

I know I'm taking a huge risk with such a detailed prediction, but I've got a lot of confidence in this hunch!

Vredesbyrd67

Apr 20, 2009
So the player character from F.E.A.R. 1 is joining up with Fettel and Alma?

NOICE!!! Just wish you'd have had the option to do that the first time around. Maybe he'll be a playable character?

Damn, I'm actually excited for this!

hansari

May 31, 2009
UGH

Monolith is about to ruin the last good memory I have of their franchise. Paxton Fettel...

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
At least they used the correct 1337-speak number. I can recall a few games that seemingly just randomly chose a letter to replace with a 2, 3, or 4.

Z(ombie)fan

Mar 12, 2010
since the the fear wiki consider the non-canon expansion alternate timelines,
there be two non-canon expansion continuing the "vivendi timeline"

Comma-Kazie

Sep 2, 2009
Really? Come on, that promo art looks like a poster from a bad '80's action movie.

Ach, I decline--I just hope Monolith lets Vivendi back into production--they really screwed up the "official" sequel.