First game ever played?

Vires Vox

Oct 16, 2008
Sonic the hedgehog 2 for the mega drive, possibly still my favourite game of all time, ah memories...

Fronken

May 10, 2008
cant remember the name of it, though it was a motocross game for the Commodore 64 back when i was 4, kinda like Excitebike but with only 1 level of depth and you had to press a button to jump.

Soulreaverm

Jan 15, 2009
I think, Duke Nukem 3D.
When I was about 3.
I don't think my mum was very happy about it, to be honest, but my dad found it hilarious. Nowadays he lectures me about how shooting zombies in Left 4 Dead induces a physiological stress response which makes me more aggressive.

I love irony. Normally.

jezz8me

Mar 27, 2008
Umm probably Super Mario on Gameboy or Earthworm Jim. Or some bad educational game with horible 3 colour and black graphics.

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
That I actually remember, Trog on the NES at my mates house.

The first game I ever owned? The Super Scope game for the SNES that I got one very merry xmas. (Along with the first mario kart!!)

bioVOLTAGE

Dec 28, 2008
John Stalvern said:
Can't quite remember, but I'm sure it was Super Mario Bros. for the NES.
That was the same for me. I know I played it, and a lot of others later, but the one that I really remember was Half Life. Thats a long time in between though, but none of them really stand out.

Cornstar

Jan 10, 2009
JaguarWong said:
Way of the Exploding Fist on the old rubber keyboard Speccy.

Would have been about 1985 when I was 9 or 10. Yeah, I'm that old.

I'm telling you that game has a near perfect fight engine, still plays brilliantly to this day.
Yes! Knew this game was in here somewhere. I played it on the VIC-20 though. 1984-ish I think (was 9 as well, he).