First game you can remember playing

scully745

Mar 15, 2011
Just list the first game you can remember playing, and how long you played it for if you can remember.

Mine was Diablo II when I was about five and I'll still give it a run every now and again if i feel like it. Not sure what that says about my parents that they let me play that when I was five though. Not sure exactly what it was rated, but fairly sure it wasn't G.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I'm sure I played games before it but the one that stuck with me were the first Tomb Raider games.
I would watch my dad play it and help him by reading a strategy guide, and he would sometimes let me take control.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Commander Keen and the Secret of the Oracle.

I'm old-school.

WaReloaded

Jan 20, 2011
Mortal Kombat 2, I don't remember who took me to the "Arcade" but I was about 4-5, I vaguely remember playing as Sub-Zero and losing about 6 times in a row.

Dec 14, 2009
Sonic the Hedgehog.

Ah memories.

My fondess for the Mega Drive (Genesis) series has made buy the Sonic Classic Collection on the DS.

Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, as well as the lock on feature, means I get all the childhood nostaliga I could hope for, anywhere I want.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Some target shooting thing on a pre-DOS computer that didn't even have a mouse and only had a yellow and black screen. A cursor would move randomly over a target, and when you hit the spacebar you 'fired' your shot. After every shot the cursor moved faster and faster.

Played it on my dad's lap when I was just a toddler. Hah, if he would've known what would come out of it, I doubt he'd ever showed it to me.

Seriphina

Apr 24, 2010
eh Amy's first primer? Does that count... or maybe it was pac man... IM talking the original pac man lol.
I don't remember. <3

noxymoron19

Feb 4, 2011
Shining Force. Last week I realised there was a shining force 2 and haven't stopped playing it since.

Tarkand

Dec 15, 2009
Super Mario Bros on the NES.

I know I played games on the Atari and coleco, but I don't remember which... so it has to go to Mario.

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
Heretic, when I was 4 :3 Sometimes I would co-op with my dad, but my best memory of it was opening a door and having an Iron Lich on the other side right up in my face.

...Followed by me shrieking "It's the tornado guy!" and running like a ninny while it blasted me.